Sipgate: Problems calling in?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Joel, Jun 13, 2005.

  1. Joel

    Joel Guest

    Hiya folks,

    I've recently registered a local number on Sipgate, since the new areas
    have been launched.

    I used to have a Birmingham (0121) number which worked fine, and I
    recently changed to a Redditch (01527) number, about 2 months ago.

    However, it seems I am not able to call the number at all from a
    BT/Telewest/ntl phone line - it just gives a long continuous tone after
    dialing first 2 digits of number.

    BT offers a slightly different 'engaged' tone, despite the fact nobody
    is using the line, and other SIPgate users can call me etc.

    I've waited just in case it was a problem with TW/ntl/BT picking up the
    new number blocks etc, but still after this time it doesn't work.

    Is this problem with Telewest/ntl/BT, or something else?

    (P.S. - If anyone wants to try it, I get a tone after dialing: 01527
    90... (SIPgate gives numbers in 90xxxx block))

    Many thanks,

    Joel
    Joel, Jun 13, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Joel

    Joel Guest

    Joel wrote:

    > (P.S. - If anyone wants to try it, I get a tone after dialing: 01527
    > 90... (SIPgate gives numbers in 90xxxx block))


    Sorry I lie - it takes another digit to trigger the tone:

    e.g. 01527 908...

    Sipgate says the next number available is 01527 908183 which is
    apparently impossible to dial ;)

    Joel
    Joel, Jun 13, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "Joel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Joel wrote:
    >
    > > (P.S. - If anyone wants to try it, I get a tone after dialing: 01527
    > > 90... (SIPgate gives numbers in 90xxxx block))

    >
    > Sorry I lie - it takes another digit to trigger the tone:
    >
    > e.g. 01527 908...
    >
    > Sipgate says the next number available is 01527 908183 which is
    > apparently impossible to dial ;)
    >
    > Joel
    >


    Dialling 01527 908183 I get the engaged tone with "The number you have
    called is busy......" which is what you should be getting, if the user isn't
    logged on, which they won't be as there is no user for the number yet.

    Dialling 01527 908 doesn't come up with an error until I wait a while when I
    get the number dialled has not been recognised, due to not completing the
    number.
    {{{{Welcome}}}}, Jun 13, 2005
    #3
  4. Joel

    Joel Guest

    Out of interest, what were you calling from? (i.e. landline,
    BT/Telewest/ntl/some other? or SIPgate?)

    Someone calling me from a BT line gets an engaged tone, as does someone
    from a Orange network mobile.

    But I am online, and the web control panel also says that I am online
    etc.

    Joel
    Joel, Jun 13, 2005
    #4
  5. Joel

    Linus Surguy Guest

    "Joel" <> wrote:
    >I used to have a Birmingham (0121) number which worked fine, and I
    >recently changed to a Redditch (01527) number, about 2 months ago.
    >
    >However, it seems I am not able to call the number at all from a
    >BT/Telewest/ntl phone line - it just gives a long continuous tone after
    >dialing first 2 digits of number.
    >
    >BT offers a slightly different 'engaged' tone, despite the fact nobody
    >is using the line, and other SIPgate users can call me etc.
    >
    >I've waited just in case it was a problem with TW/ntl/BT picking up the
    >new number blocks etc, but still after this time it doesn't work.
    >
    >Is this problem with Telewest/ntl/BT, or something else?
    >
    >(P.S. - If anyone wants to try it, I get a tone after dialing: 01527
    >90... (SIPgate gives numbers in 90xxxx block))


    You can also try dialling the test number 01527 900 901. If that doesnt work,
    report it as a fault to your operator (BT, NTL or whoever) and also let Sipgate
    know - they'll also need to know the phone number you were calling from.

    Linus


    --
    Linus Surguy - Magrathea Telecommunications Ltd. Wholesale and retail telephone
    services. www.magrathea-telecom.co.uk www.uknumber.co.uk www.callthrough.co.uk
    www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
    Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!
    Linus Surguy, Jun 13, 2005
    #5
  6. Joel

    RJHN *1JOD Guest

    Hi,
    I had this problem initially with my 01584 sipgate number after
    changing from 0121 when the full Geographic number ranges became
    available. Maybe you are first on the Reditch exchange to use the
    number range!

    I could call it fine from a BT 01568 line but not from a BT phone on
    the same 01584 area code.
    It worked fine using CPS from the 01584 exchange.
    Found out BT had not fully activated the exchange to allow the new
    number range, emailed sipgate and it was sorted within a couple of
    days.

    John
    RJHN *1JOD, Jun 13, 2005
    #6
  7. Joel

    TR Guest

    Joel wrote:
    > Hiya folks,
    >
    > I've recently registered a local number on Sipgate, since the new areas
    > have been launched.
    >
    > I used to have a Birmingham (0121) number which worked fine, and I
    > recently changed to a Redditch (01527) number, about 2 months ago.
    >
    > However, it seems I am not able to call the number at all from a
    > BT/Telewest/ntl phone line - it just gives a long continuous tone after
    > dialing first 2 digits of number.
    >
    > BT offers a slightly different 'engaged' tone, despite the fact nobody
    > is using the line, and other SIPgate users can call me etc.
    >
    > I've waited just in case it was a problem with TW/ntl/BT picking up the
    > new number blocks etc, but still after this time it doesn't work.
    >
    > Is this problem with Telewest/ntl/BT, or something else?
    >
    > (P.S. - If anyone wants to try it, I get a tone after dialing: 01527
    > 90... (SIPgate gives numbers in 90xxxx block))
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Joel
    >


    I had a similar problem when i signed up to sipgate,
    but it was only tw calling my sipgate number,
    raised a ticket with TW they were pretty useless really,
    i had to tell them to check the number routing tables within my local TW
    exchange and they still took 3 weeks to resolve it ??
    to get it resolved i also put a call into sipgate who also raised a case
    with telewest to check it out.

    so it look like the number you have isn't being routed, you will need
    to tell sipgate who is unable to connect to they can advise the other
    networks and get the number routed.

    hth

    cheers
    TR, Jun 13, 2005
    #7
  8. Joel

    Joel Guest

    Ok, I just tried something really weird, and it started working (!)

    When I rang the *full* number from my Telewest phone line, it connects
    fine - no problems at all.

    e.g. calling 01527 90807* instead of just 90807* - and someone else can
    call it fine too now.

    Either someone somewhere has magically fixed something, or something
    even bizarre has happened.

    Thanks anyway :)

    Joel
    Joel, Jun 13, 2005
    #8
  9. Joel

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Joel wrote:
    > Ok, I just tried something really weird, and it started working (!)
    >
    > When I rang the *full* number from my Telewest phone line, it
    > connects fine - no problems at all.
    >
    > e.g. calling 01527 90807* instead of just 90807* - and someone else
    > can call it fine too now.
    >
    > Either someone somewhere has magically fixed something, or something
    > even bizarre has happened.
    >
    > Thanks anyway :)
    >
    > Joel


    Connecting using the full number will nearly always work, but using only
    the "local" number does require BT or whoever to enable it.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 13, 2005
    #9
  10. Joel

    ollieonline

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Sipgate 'Busy' Numbers

    The busy effect can also happen if you have not setup your router or voip software on your pc correctly or if your phone is offline and you don't have voice mail setup.
    ollieonline, Mar 30, 2007
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. John Smith
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    538
    John Smith
    Oct 11, 2005
  2. GwG
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,001
  3. Stuart Millington

    Calling Sipgate from 3

    Stuart Millington, Jan 10, 2006, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    21
    Views:
    1,130
    Thomas Kenyon
    Jan 27, 2006
  4. Tarquell Smith

    Sipura 2100, SIPGATE and Calling Card issue

    Tarquell Smith, Jun 7, 2006, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,252
  5. Chris
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    588
    Chris
    Jul 15, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page