    Linksys ATA.

    --
    Paul Clarke

    Paul Clarke, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Paul Clarke

    Jono Guest

    Paul Clarke laid this down on his screen :
    > Using Linksys ATA.

    which one?

    <http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/spa3k-phantom-ringa-even-off-network->

    <http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/odd-single-ring-spa3000-query-13889.html?>

    Jono, Aug 29, 2007

  3. Paul Clarke

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Paul Clarke formulated :
    > The handset serving by my Sipgate line rings a couple of times now and again
    > - but there's no actual incoming call it seems, as nothing is recorded under
    > 'missed calls' on the website (the phone hasn't got caller display
    > unfortunately). What might be the reason for this random ringing? Using
    > Linksys ATA.

    Another thought occurs - if there's a voicemail waiting, the handset
    will ring periodically to let you know

    Jono, Aug 29, 2007
  4. Paul Clarke

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    : : It happens that Paul Clarke formulated :
    : : : The handset serving by my Sipgate line rings a
    : : : couple of times now and again - but there's no actual
    : : : incoming call it seems, as nothing is recorded under
    : : : 'missed calls' on the website (the phone hasn't got
    : : : caller display unfortunately). What might be the
    : : : reason for this random ringing? Using Linksys ATA.
    : :
    : : Another thought occurs - if there's a voicemail
    : : waiting, the handset will ring periodically to let you
    : : know

    If it's configured to do so. I turned it off on all mine, it drove me mad.
    I have my voicemails sent as email attachments now.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 29, 2007
  5. In article <>,
    Jono <> writes:
    > Paul Clarke laid this down on his screen :
    >> Using Linksys ATA.

    > which one?
    >
    > <http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/spa3k-phantom-ringa-even-off-network->
    > <http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/odd-single-ring-spa3000-query-13889.html?>

    I've got several SPA-3000's. This problem happens when there's a line
    reversal which doesn't follow through with a callerid and ring signal.
    It is fixed by upgrading to a more recent firmware revision.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Aug 30, 2007
  6. Paul Clarke

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > : : It happens that Paul Clarke formulated :
    > : : : The handset serving by my Sipgate line rings a
    > : : : couple of times now and again - but there's no actual
    > : : : incoming call it seems, as nothing is recorded under
    > : : : 'missed calls' on the website (the phone hasn't got
    > : : : caller display unfortunately). What might be the
    > : : : reason for this random ringing? Using Linksys ATA.
    > : :
    > : : Another thought occurs - if there's a voicemail
    > : : waiting, the handset will ring periodically to let you
    > : : know
    >
    > If it's configured to do so. I turned it off on all mine, it drove me
    > mad.

    I always knew there had to be a rational explanation ;-)

    Desk Rabbit, Aug 30, 2007
  7. Paul Clarke

    Paul Clarke Guest

    "Andrew Gabriel" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Jono <> writes:
    >> Paul Clarke laid this down on his screen :
    >>> Using Linksys ATA.

    >> which one?
    >>
    >> <http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/spa3k-phantom-ringa-even-off-network->
    >> <http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/odd-single-ring-spa3000-query-13889.html?>

    > I've got several SPA-3000's. This problem happens when there's a line
    > reversal which doesn't follow through with a callerid and ring signal.
    > It is fixed by upgrading to a more recent firmware revision.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Gabriel
    > [email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]

    Very many thanks - its the PAP2 I have which is presumably same as or
    similar to the one referred to. I'll look for an upgrade.

    Regards,

    Paul

    Paul Clarke, Aug 30, 2007
  8. In article <fb7hi8$1uao$>,
    "Paul Clarke" <> writes:

    > "Andrew Gabriel" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> Jono <> writes:
    >>> Paul Clarke laid this down on his screen :
    >>>
    >>> which one?
    >>>
    >>> <http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/spa3k-phantom-ringa-even-off-network->
    >>> <http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/odd-single-ring-spa3000-query-13889.html?>

    >> I've got several SPA-3000's. This problem happens when there's a line
    >> reversal which doesn't follow through with a callerid and ring signal.
    >> It is fixed by upgrading to a more recent firmware revision.

    > Very many thanks - its the PAP2 I have which is presumably same as or
    > similar to the one referred to. I'll look for an upgrade.

    It can't be the same problem then, as I didn't think the
    PAP2 had an exchange line phone port (although I haven't
    got one).

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Aug 31, 2007