    BT Voyager Quartet 1500 Phone
    Linksys PAP2 - Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
    VirginMedia 2Mb broadband.
    Nitefoll, Nov 11, 2007

  2. Nitefoll

    Jono Guest

    Nitefoll pretended :
    > Hi All
    >
    > Just discovered that when my answer machine picks up a Sipgate call it
    > isn't registered by my PAP2 adapter therefore I don't hear the answer
    > machine "Leave a message" ...err message.

    Bit more detail. Is your answerphone plugged into your PAP2? and your
    phone plugged into your answerphone?

    > Is there any way to fix this?

    Probably

    Jono, Nov 11, 2007

  3. Nitefoll

    Nitefoll Guest

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:35:56 GMT, Jono <> wrote:

    >Nitefoll pretended :
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> Just discovered that when my answer machine picks up a Sipgate call it
    >> isn't registered by my PAP2 adapter therefore I don't hear the answer
    >> machine "Leave a message" ...err message.

    >Bit more detail. Is your answerphone plugged into your PAP2? and your
    >phone plugged into your answerphone?

    Apologies, my phone is an all in one phone and answer machine unit, it's
    plugged into my PAP2. I can make and receive calls no problem, but when
    the answer machine picks up it doesn't register with the PAP2.

    >> Is there any way to fix this?

    >Probably

    How would I fix this then?

    Nitefoll, Nov 11, 2007
  4. Nitefoll

    Woody Guest

    "Nitefoll" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > Just discovered that when my answer machine picks up a Sipgate call it
    > isn't registered by my PAP2 adapter therefore I don't hear the answer
    > machine "Leave a message" ...err message.
    >
    > Is there any way to fix this?
    >
    > Any info would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Nitefoll
    >
    > Spec:
    > BT Voyager Quartet 1500 Phone
    > Linksys PAP2 - Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
    > VirginMedia 2Mb broadband.

    Taking a guess, when the TAM answers, as no-one is home, it only loops
    the line. When you pick the phone up you short the bell/ringing line and
    it may be that is what the ATA detects.
    Woody, Nov 11, 2007
  5. Nitefoll

    steveybar Guest

    > Apologies, my phone is an all in one phone and answer machine unit, it's
    > plugged into my PAP2. I can make and receive calls no problem, but when
    > the answer machine picks up it doesn't register with the PAP2.

    What do you mean by: 'but when the answer machine picks up it doesn't
    register with the PAP2'

    Can you explain a little more....
    steveybar, Nov 11, 2007
  6. Nitefoll

    Nitefoll Guest

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 23:09:10 -0000, "steveybar"
    <> wrote:

    >> Apologies, my phone is an all in one phone and answer machine unit, it's
    >> plugged into my PAP2. I can make and receive calls no problem, but when
    >> the answer machine picks up it doesn't register with the PAP2.
    >>

    >What do you mean by: 'but when the answer machine picks up it doesn't
    >register with the PAP2'
    >
    >Can you explain a little more....

    If I don't use sipgate or PAP2 and plug my phone with built in answer
    machine into a regular phone system i.e. virgin, then after 6 rings without
    answering the answer machine kicks in giving the standard "sorry unable to
    take your call please leave a message" and allows someone to leave a
    message.

    When I use the sipgate and PAP2 the phone rings and the answer machine
    kicks in after 6 rings but the "sorry unable to blah blah" message is not
    heard and the call times out.

    It's almost like the PAP2 doesn't know that the answer machine has picked
    up the call?

    Can I fix this?
    Nitefoll, Nov 11, 2007
  7. Nitefoll

    Graham. Guest

    "Nitefoll" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 23:09:10 -0000, "steveybar"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>> Apologies, my phone is an all in one phone and answer machine unit, it's
    >>> plugged into my PAP2. I can make and receive calls no problem, but when
    >>> the answer machine picks up it doesn't register with the PAP2.
    >>>

    >>What do you mean by: 'but when the answer machine picks up it doesn't
    >>register with the PAP2'
    >>
    >>Can you explain a little more....
    >>

    > If I don't use sipgate or PAP2 and plug my phone with built in answer
    > machine into a regular phone system i.e. virgin, then after 6 rings
    > without
    > answering the answer machine kicks in giving the standard "sorry unable to
    > take your call please leave a message" and allows someone to leave a
    > message.
    >
    > When I use the sipgate and PAP2 the phone rings and the answer machine
    > kicks in after 6 rings but the "sorry unable to blah blah" message is not
    > heard and the call times out.
    >
    > It's almost like the PAP2 doesn't know that the answer machine has picked
    > up the call?
    >
    > Can I fix this?

    If you answer the call by picking up the handset, can you
    conduct a two-way conversation?
    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Nov 12, 2007
  8. Nitefoll

    steveybar Guest

    > If I don't use sipgate or PAP2 and plug my phone with built in answer
    > machine into a regular phone system i.e. virgin, then after 6 rings
    > without
    > answering the answer machine kicks in giving the standard "sorry unable to
    > take your call please leave a message" and allows someone to leave a
    > message.
    >
    > When I use the sipgate and PAP2 the phone rings and the answer machine
    > kicks in after 6 rings but the "sorry unable to blah blah" message is not
    > heard and the call times out.
    >
    > It's almost like the PAP2 doesn't know that the answer machine has picked
    > up the call?
    >
    > Can I fix this?

    It looks as though the PAP2 is timing out at less than the 6 rings needed to
    'trip' the answering machine

    Don't have your answering machine switched on, and arrange for an incoming
    call to come in but don't answer it. How many rings does it call before it
    stops/times out?
    steveybar, Nov 12, 2007
  9. Nitefoll

    Nitefoll Guest

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:52:07 -0000, "Graham." <> wrote:

    >"Nitefoll" <> wrote in message

    >>>What do you mean by: 'but when the answer machine picks up it doesn't
    >>>register with the PAP2'
    >>>
    >>>Can you explain a little more....
    >>>

    >> If I don't use sipgate or PAP2 and plug my phone with built in answer
    >> machine into a regular phone system i.e. virgin, then after 6 rings
    >> without
    >> answering the answer machine kicks in giving the standard "sorry unable to
    >> take your call please leave a message" and allows someone to leave a
    >> message.
    >>
    >> When I use the sipgate and PAP2 the phone rings and the answer machine
    >> kicks in after 6 rings but the "sorry unable to blah blah" message is not
    >> heard and the call times out.
    >>
    >> It's almost like the PAP2 doesn't know that the answer machine has picked
    >> up the call?
    >>
    >> Can I fix this?

    >If you answer the call by picking up the handset, can you
    >conduct a two-way conversation?

    Yes that works fine
    Nitefoll, Nov 12, 2007
  10. Nitefoll

    Nitefoll Guest

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:55:47 -0000, "steveybar"
    <> wrote:

    >> If I don't use sipgate or PAP2 and plug my phone with built in answer
    >> machine into a regular phone system i.e. virgin, then after 6 rings
    >> without
    >> answering the answer machine kicks in giving the standard "sorry unable to
    >> take your call please leave a message" and allows someone to leave a
    >> message.
    >>
    >> When I use the sipgate and PAP2 the phone rings and the answer machine
    >> kicks in after 6 rings but the "sorry unable to blah blah" message is not
    >> heard and the call times out.
    >>
    >> It's almost like the PAP2 doesn't know that the answer machine has picked
    >> up the call?
    >>
    >> Can I fix this?
    >>

    >It looks as though the PAP2 is timing out at less than the 6 rings needed to
    >'trip' the answering machine
    >
    >Don't have your answering machine switched on, and arrange for an incoming
    >call to come in but don't answer it. How many rings does it call before it
    >stops/times out?

    I had a similar thought and I've tried that.

    The PAP2 is configured to ring for 60 seconds before stopping/timing out.

    6 rings is roughly 15-20 seconds, so the answer machine would kick in long
    before the call stops/times out.
    Nitefoll, Nov 12, 2007
  11. Nitefoll

    steveybar Guest

    Is the PAP2 a UK version or Hong Kong or US or...

    The reason I ask is because it will help identify the Ring1 cadence variant.
    If the Ring1 cadence settings are Non UK but the Answering Machine is UK -
    then maybe.........
    steveybar, Nov 12, 2007
  12. Nitefoll

    Nitefoll Guest

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:43:08 -0000, "steveybar"
    <> wrote:

    >Is the PAP2 a UK version or Hong Kong or US or...
    >
    >The reason I ask is because it will help identify the Ring1 cadence variant.
    >If the Ring1 cadence settings are Non UK but the Answering Machine is UK -
    >then maybe.........

    It came from Hong Kong, the Ring 1 cadence is currently set to:

    60(.4/.2,.4/2)
    Nitefoll, Nov 13, 2007
  13. Nitefoll

    steveybar Guest

    > It came from Hong Kong, the Ring 1 cadence is currently set to:
    >
    > 60(.4/.2,.4/2)

    That is the 'suggested' UK setting, so presumably you have changed that, and
    maybe others from their original HK or US settings. Maybe changing other
    settings, has caused your problem......

    Did you get your UK settings from a good/proven source....? For example,
    what is your FXS Port Impedance set at?

    Time for a system reset maybe... and start again.
    steveybar, Nov 13, 2007
  14. Nitefoll

    Nitefoll Guest

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:06:22 -0000, "steveybar"
    <> wrote:

    >> It came from Hong Kong, the Ring 1 cadence is currently set to:
    >>
    >> 60(.4/.2,.4/2)

    >That is the 'suggested' UK setting, so presumably you have changed that, and
    >maybe others from their original HK or US settings. Maybe changing other
    >settings, has caused your problem......
    >
    >Did you get your UK settings from a good/proven source....? For example,
    >what is your FXS Port Impedance set at?

    I got the settings from www.wirelessforums.org and the FXS is set to:

    370+620||310nF

    >Time for a system reset maybe... and start again.

    Tried that too :) I hate being defied by technology
    Nitefoll, Nov 13, 2007
  15. Nitefoll

    Soruk Guest

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:47:29 GMT, Nitefoll <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:06:22 -0000, "steveybar"
    ><> wrote:
    >>Did you get your UK settings from a good/proven source....? For example,
    >>what is your FXS Port Impedance set at?
    >>

    >I got the settings from www.wirelessforums.org and the FXS is set to:
    >
    >370+620||310nF
    >

    >>Time for a system reset maybe... and start again.

    >Tried that too :) I hate being defied by technology

    Not sure if this will help at all, but my Tesco IPA1000 couldn't make any
    of my phones ring at all. A non-obvious workaround I found that worked
    every time I tried it, was to plug a spare ADSL filter into the IPA's
    phone socket port, and plug the phone into the filter.

    Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email
    Soruk, Nov 14, 2007