    from them...

    Cheers,

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Jun 7, 2007

  2. Gordon Henderson

    Bill Taylor Guest

    On 07 Jun 2007 10:15:26 GMT, (Gordon Henderson)
    wrote:

    >Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did they
    >deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about their VoIP service
    >which I find is is generally OK, I'm just asking about ordering hardware
    >from them...

    Bought a Fritzbox 7140 from them in January, Arrived OK with no
    untoward delay..

    (I have my doubts about the quality of the Fritzbox ADSL modem, but
    that's not Sipgates fault.

    Bill
    Bill Taylor, Jun 7, 2007

  3. Gordon Henderson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did
    > they
    > deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about
    > their VoIP service which I find is is generally OK, I'm
    > just asking about ordering hardware from them...

    Not for a while, but had my Fritz!Box from them which was very prompt.
    ISTR they use UPS.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 7, 2007
  4. Gordon Henderson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Bill Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > On 07 Jun 2007 10:15:26 GMT, (Gordon
    > Henderson) wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did
    > > they
    > > deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about
    > > their VoIP service which I find is is generally OK, I'm
    > > just asking about ordering hardware from them...
    > >

    > Bought a Fritzbox 7140 from them in January, Arrived OK
    > with no untoward delay..
    >
    > (I have my doubts about the quality of the Fritzbox ADSL
    > modem, but that's not Sipgates fault.

    What's the problem with it..? I've had my original Fritz (not the wireless
    one) for a while and no untoward problems. AVM tech support are pretty
    good, have you asked them..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 7, 2007
  5. Gordon Henderson

    Bill Taylor Guest

    On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:35:19 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Bill Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> On 07 Jun 2007 10:15:26 GMT, (Gordon
    >> Henderson) wrote:
    >>
    >> > Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did
    >> > they
    >> > deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about
    >> > their VoIP service which I find is is generally OK, I'm
    >> > just asking about ordering hardware from them...
    >> >

    >> Bought a Fritzbox 7140 from them in January, Arrived OK
    >> with no untoward delay..
    >>
    >> (I have my doubts about the quality of the Fritzbox ADSL
    >> modem, but that's not Sipgates fault.

    >What's the problem with it..? I've had my original Fritz (not the wireless
    >one) for a while and no untoward problems. AVM tech support are pretty
    >good, have you asked them..?
    >
    >Ivor

    The problem is that the internet connection is being dropped
    intermittently, usually for 20-30 seconds, but sometimes for a few
    minutes. It may not be the Fritzbox that's causing it, but I wasn't
    aware of a similar problem with the previous modem/router.

    It's not really a problem for normal internet access, but it always
    seems to happen during a VOIP call, resulting in a dropped line.

    I'm currently using a different modem/router to try and find out if it
    is the Fritzbox or another problem.

    Bill
    Bill Taylor, Jun 7, 2007