    message 'Number not in use'. Has anybody else experienced this; if so, did
    you manage to sort it and if so, how?

    Thanks in advance.
    Rob, May 28, 2007

  2. Rob

    TheMgt Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > I changed my Sipgate number about two days ago, everything seemed to go OK.
    >
    > However, now I can't receive calls from PSTN or mobiles but calls from other
    > Sipgate users come through OK. If I call from my Orange mobile it gives a
    > message 'Number not in use'. Has anybody else experienced this; if so, did
    > you manage to sort it and if so, how?

    My sipgate number is doing this, I haven't changed it though. If I set
    the timeout on the answering service to zero seconds then I can get
    that, otherwise it's 'Number not in use'. I've tried it from various
    mobile networks but not from another VoIP number.
    TheMgt, May 28, 2007

  3. Rob

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > I changed my Sipgate number about two days ago,
    > everything seemed to go OK.
    > However, now I can't receive calls from PSTN or mobiles
    > but calls from other Sipgate users come through OK. If I
    > call from my Orange mobile it gives a message 'Number not
    > in use'. Has anybody else experienced this; if so, did
    > you manage to sort it and if so, how?
    > Thanks in advance.

    What do Sipgate tech support say..?

    When you say changed the number, what do you mean..? Did you just change
    the PSTN number with the "change number" facility on the website..? If so,
    be aware that this *doesn't* change the SIP ID, this remains as it was,
    just the PSTN number changes, so you effectively now have two numbers, one
    for PSTN callers and one for Sipgate callers.

    Sometimes after you've done this, the database that marries the two can
    get out of sync, give it a day or two longer, if it's still the same then
    email support.

    FWIW the website has been a bit slow lately but that shouldn't make a
    difference.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 28, 2007
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Rob" <> wrote in message
    >> I changed my Sipgate number about two days ago,
    >> everything seemed to go OK.
    >> However, now I can't receive calls from PSTN or mobiles
    >> but calls from other Sipgate users come through OK. If I
    >> call from my Orange mobile it gives a message 'Number not
    >> in use'. Has anybody else experienced this; if so, did
    >> you manage to sort it and if so, how?
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > What do Sipgate tech support say..?
    >
    > When you say changed the number, what do you mean..? Did you just change
    > the PSTN number with the "change number" facility on the website..? If so,
    > be aware that this *doesn't* change the SIP ID, this remains as it was,
    > just the PSTN number changes, so you effectively now have two numbers, one
    > for PSTN callers and one for Sipgate callers.
    >
    > Sometimes after you've done this, the database that marries the two can
    > get out of sync, give it a day or two longer, if it's still the same then
    > email support.
    >
    > FWIW the website has been a bit slow lately but that shouldn't make a
    > difference.
    >
    > Ivor
    >
    >>I just changed the PSTN number using the change number facility (I know
    >>the SIP ID remains the same).

    I have dropped Sipgate tech an email yesterday but no response yet (it is a
    bank holiday after all!)

    Thanks for replies.
    Rob, May 28, 2007
  5. Rob

    Guest

    On Mon, 28 May 2007 21:55:29 +0100, "Rob" <> wrote:

    >I have dropped Sipgate tech an email yesterday but no response yet (it is a
    >bank holiday after all!)

    You will receive a reply next year sometime when they have sobered up.
    , May 29, 2007
  6. Rob

    RH Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 May 2007 21:55:29 +0100, "Rob" <> wrote:
    >

    >>I have dropped Sipgate tech an email yesterday but no response yet (it is
    >>bank holiday after all!)

    > You will receive a reply next year sometime when they have sobered up.

    Isn't SIPgate wholly based in Germany? on the odd occassion I have contacted
    them, mails back were from a german sounding person, both in name
    and manner,
    RH, May 30, 2007
  7. Rob

    alexd Guest

    RH wrote:

    > Isn't SIPgate wholly based in Germany? on the odd occassion I have
    > contacted them, mails back were from a german sounding person, both in
    > name and manner,

    Yes.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    16:58:52 up 31 days, 18:59, 2 users, load average: 0.53, 0.51, 0.40
    alexd, May 30, 2007
  8. Rob

    Guest

    On Wed, 30 May 2007 12:59:09 +0100, "RH" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 28 May 2007 21:55:29 +0100, "Rob" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have dropped Sipgate tech an email yesterday but no response yet (it is
    >>>bank holiday after all!)

    >> You will receive a reply next year sometime when they have sobered up.

    >Isn't SIPgate wholly based in Germany? on the odd occassion I have contacted
    >them, mails back were from a german sounding person, both in name
    >and manner,

    Course they are but they like to mislead people by using a co.uk
    address , I am much surprised that Mrs Jones little lad hasn't
    replied to this .
    , May 31, 2007
  9. Rob

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 30 May 2007 12:59:09 +0100, "RH"
    > <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > > Isn't SIPgate wholly based in Germany? on the odd
    > > occassion I have contacted them, mails back were from a
    > > german sounding person, both in name
    > > and manner,
    > >

    > Course they are but they like to mislead people by using
    > a co.uk address , I am much surprised that Mrs Jones
    > little lad hasn't replied to this .

    You leave my mother out of it. You're not fit to lick her boots.

    For an answer, they don't mislead anybody. The company address is clearly
    stated on the website.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 31, 2007