    have to wait and see, it could be a useful alternative to IPKall for
    free US numbers.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 23, 2009

  2. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
    > however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
    > doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.

    This is not unusual.
    Sipgate.co.uk does excatly the same: you need a UK IP adress to open a
    account on sipgate.co.uk and to apply for a Britich phone number.
    However there is a work-around: just (temporary) set-up a US proxy server in
    your internet bowser.
    This is only needed during the sign up process. Once you have successfully
    signed up and acquired a phone number, you can delete the temporary proxy in
    your broswer. You will be able to access your account from a UK IP.

    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Aug 25, 2009

  3. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:24:31 +0100, Ivor Jones <>
    wrote:

    >I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),

    Bring back Mr Bush all is forgiven .

    , Aug 25, 2009
  4. Ivor Jones

    TheDragon Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
    > however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
    > doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.
    >
    > They say they're working on making it available outside the US, will have
    > to wait and see, it could be a useful alternative to IPKall for free US
    > numbers.
    >

    > Ivor

    Nice and simple. Use a US Proxy or VPN service. Have a US number in Italy no
    problem.

    TheDragon, Aug 25, 2009
  5. Ivor Jones

    Graham. Guest

    >> I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
    >> however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
    >> doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.

    > This is not unusual.
    > Sipgate.co.uk does excatly the same: you need a UK IP adress to open a
    > account on sipgate.co.uk and to apply for a Britich phone number.
    > However there is a work-around: just (temporary) set-up a US proxy server
    > in
    > your internet bowser.
    > This is only needed during the sign up process. Once you have successfully
    > signed up and acquired a phone number, you can delete the temporary proxy
    > in
    > your broswer. You will be able to access your account from a UK IP.
    >
    > Philippe

    Easer said than done, I tried dozens of US proxies until I found that
    had all of the necessary features to sign up.
    It's probably not a good idea to post it here, I can respond
    to anyone with a valid email.

    Different in some ways to the .co.uk site, it looks like there are
    some basic PABX features allowing you to add voip phones,
    extensions and landline/cell phones which appear as graphical
    icons.

    seems a bit hit and miss when I terminate the account at pbxes.com,
    but when sipgate voicemail is active it picks up reliably

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Aug 25, 2009
  6. Ivor Jones

    alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:24:31 +0100, Ivor Jones <>
    > wrote:

    >>I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),

    > Bring back Mr Bush all is forgiven .

    You really are a tiresome little turd, Ron.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:02:01 up 111 days, 13:39, 3 users, load average: 0.18, 0.23, 0.24

    alexd, Aug 25, 2009
  7. Ivor Jones

    R Johnson Guest

    On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:00:39 +0100, Graham. wrote:

    > Easer said than done, I tried dozens of US proxies until I found that
    > had all of the necessary features to sign up.

    Hi Graham. He too. Could you email the one you were able to get working
    to me?

    uk.telecom.voip260809{a)[t> spamvigilante DOT co\.uk

    R Johnson, Aug 26, 2009
  8. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:02:24 +0100, alexd <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:24:31 +0100, Ivor Jones <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),

    >> Bring back Mr Bush all is forgiven .

    >You really are a tiresome little turd, Ron.

    And you are an ignorant bastard like most who use these groups.

    , Aug 26, 2009
  9. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    On 26/08/09 10:25, wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:02:24 +0100, alexd<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> Bring back Mr Bush all is forgiven .

    >> You really are a tiresome little turd, Ron.

    > And you are an ignorant bastard like most who use these groups.

    Pot, kettle, black.......

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 26, 2009
  10. Ivor Jones

    mbrokof

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Proxy

    Hi Graham,

    are you still here and could send me the proxy? I tried a couple but none worked.
    Matthias

    mbrokof, Nov 12, 2009
  11. Ivor Jones

    mbrokof

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    sign up

    Just found one but it doesn't help as I would need a US cellphone number to receive an invitation to sign up. so doesn't work anyway for me

    mbrokof, Nov 12, 2009
  12. Ivor Jones

    AdeV Guest

    Ivor Jones may or may not have intoned:

    > I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
    > however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
    > doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.
    >
    > They say they're working on making it available outside the US, will
    > have to wait and see, it could be a useful alternative to IPKall for
    > free US numbers.

    Unfortunately, they now require a US cell phone number (for Sipgate One,
    at any rate - I've not tried Sipgate Team), to which they will send a
    code via SMS... so that stymies that for me :(

    --
    Cheers!
    Ade.

    AdeV, Jan 5, 2010
  13. Ivor Jones

    Rob Johnson Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:18:07 +0000, Me wrote:

    > On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:57:31 -0000, AdeV <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Ivor Jones may or may not have intoned:
    >>>
    >>> I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
    >>> however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must
    >>> be doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.
    >>>
    >>> They say they're working on making it available outside the US, will
    >>> have to wait and see, it could be a useful alternative to IPKall for
    >>> free US numbers.

    >>Unfortunately, they now require a US cell phone number (for Sipgate One,
    >>at any rate - I've not tried Sipgate Team), to which they will send a
    >>code via SMS... so that stymies that for me :(

    > Use a US Proxy (www.ultrareach.com for example) - get a Google Voice
    > number and use that as the mobile number to get your Sipgate number.
    >
    > Job done.
    >
    > Me

    The Ultrasurf client for Windows was kicking the s*it out of the
    webfilter providers not so long ago - it is pretty good, but I don't
    think I would put *anything* sensitive through it.

    Rob Johnson, Jan 6, 2010
  14. Ivor Jones

    AdeV Guest

    Me may or may not have intoned:
    > On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:57:31 -0000, AdeV <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Ivor Jones may or may not have intoned:
    > >>
    > >> I see that Sipgate now have a presence in the USA (www.sipgate.com),
    > >> however it's only available to US residents at the moment. They must be
    > >> doing an IP address check as it blocked my attempts to sign up.
    > >>
    > >> They say they're working on making it available outside the US, will
    > >> have to wait and see, it could be a useful alternative to IPKall for
    > >> free US numbers.

    > >Unfortunately, they now require a US cell phone number (for Sipgate One,
    > >at any rate - I've not tried Sipgate Team), to which they will send a
    > >code via SMS... so that stymies that for me :(

    > Use a US Proxy (www.ultrareach.com for example) - get a Google Voice
    > number and use that as the mobile number to get your Sipgate number.
    >
    > Job done.

    New Google Voice registrations are now by invite only; sure, I've
    applied for an invite... but I won't hold my breath. Looks like I'll
    have to stick with CallCentric for now...

    --
    Cheers!
    Ade.

    AdeV, Jan 6, 2010
  15. Ivor Jones

    Nick Name Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 20:18:52 +0000, Rob picked up and threw the following
    poo:

    > "AdeV" <> wrote in message
    >> Me may or may not have intoned:

    >>> Use a US Proxy (www.ultrareach.com for example) - get a Google Voice
    >>> number and use that as the mobile number to get your Sipgate number.
    >>>
    >>> Job done.

    >> New Google Voice registrations are now by invite only; sure, I've
    >> applied for an invite... but I won't hold my breath. Looks like I'll
    >> have to stick with CallCentric for now...

    > Which reminds me I received an invite a month or four ago ......
    >
    > Thanks for the reminder :)
    >
    > Rob

    QUOTE FROM INVITATION:
    "Google Voice is not available in your country.
    Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside
    the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in
    the future."

    You can set it up using Ultrasurf without a problem, until you get to the
    point where you need to enter a US telephone number, which the system
    calls asking you to input a 2 digit confirmation code......

    Nick Name, Jan 13, 2010
  16. Ivor Jones

    COPE2

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    graham, please hit me up at 78f7f7f88f7 at gabriellerankl.i8.com. cheers.

    COPE2, Apr 3, 2010
  17. Ivor Jones

    mbrokof

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    try hide my ip 5.0

    this is a free trial and works to get into google voice.

    mbrokof, Oct 6, 2010
  18. Ivor Jones

    mbrokof

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    google voice

    Hi Ivor,

    I tried with Google Voice number w/o success. I used t-mobile as a provider and received nothing. Do you have any suggestion what I should/could do?

    Kind Regards
    Matthias

    mbrokof, Oct 16, 2010