    Any ideas where I should start?

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Nov 22, 2005

  2. In message <>, Matt
    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Sipgate has be great here - until yesterday.
    >
    > I've lost the ability to hear the other party on incoming calls.
    >
    > I'm using AAH 1.5.
    >
    > I haven't knowingly changed anything.
    >
    > Any ideas where I should start?

    Got a firewall or NAT router in the way? They are obvious problems. The
    other one is whether your sound device just isn't working - can you hear
    other sounds on it?
    --
    Dave
    mail da (without the space)

    Dave {Reply Address in.Sig}, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Matt

    Steve Loft Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Sipgate has be great here - until yesterday.
    >
    > I've lost the ability to hear the other party on incoming calls.

    Same here.

    > I'm using AAH 1.5.

    I'm using X-Lite.

    > I haven't knowingly changed anything.

    Neither have I. I was cut off in the middle of a call yesterday and it
    hasn't worked since.

    > Any ideas where I should start?

    Some here would say with another provider :) I'm thinking of giving
    voip.co.uk a go. Shame about the £10 minimum though, and I'd like to
    know what geographic area codes are available.
    --
    Steve Loft

    Steve Loft, Nov 22, 2005
  4. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt wrote:
    || Hi,
    || Sipgate has be great here - until yesterday.
    || I've lost the ability to hear the other party on incoming calls.
    || I'm using AAH 1.5.
    || I haven't knowingly changed anything.
    || Any ideas where I should start?
    || Many thanks
    || Matthew

    It's normally indicative of a port-forwarding problem. That said,
    periodically, I have a reboot of router, asterisk & SPAs which seems to cure
    this sort of network befuddlement.

    Have you just got one Sipgate number? I've experienced this on one number,
    but not on another. Sipgate tweaked something or other & back it came. (or
    was that something else?)

    Does it occur just with calls to/from PSTN, or does it also happen with
    Sipgate to Sipgate calls? Have a look for Ivor's speaking clock number if
    you want to test that. (If he doesn't mind that is!)

    Jono, Nov 22, 2005
  5. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Steve Loft wrote:
    || Matt wrote:
    ||| Hi,
    ||| Sipgate has be great here - until yesterday.
    ||| I've lost the ability to hear the other party on incoming calls.
    || Same here.
    ||| I'm using AAH 1.5.
    || I'm using X-Lite.
    ||| I haven't knowingly changed anything.
    || Neither have I. I was cut off in the middle of a call yesterday and it
    || hasn't worked since.
    ||| Any ideas where I should start?
    || Some here would say with another provider :) I'm thinking of giving
    || voip.co.uk a go. Shame about the £10 minimum though, and I'd like to
    || know what geographic area codes are available.
    || --
    || Steve Loft

    I can't knock Sipgate, hardly had an issue (that wasn't of my own making)
    that they didn't resolve quickly...........and am expecting the bashers to
    be along shortly.

    WRT voip.co.uk, all the available STDs seem to be there (a long list anyway)

    Which would you be after and I'll have a look?

    £10 that you can use on PSTN calls doesn't seem such a bad deal. Voip's not
    just for us stingies you know!

    Jono, Nov 22, 2005
  6. Matt

    Matt Guest

    It seems to be all the numbers, on incoming pstn calls at least.

    Which ports do you have forwarded?

    I'll reboot the router and see if that helps...

    Matt, Nov 22, 2005
  7. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt wrote:
    || It seems to be all the numbers, on incoming pstn calls at least.
    || Which ports do you have forwarded?
    || I'll reboot the router and see if that helps...

    All the ones recommended on the Sipgate site...............is your * in the
    DMZ?

    Jono, Nov 22, 2005
  8. Matt

    Steve Loft Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Matt wrote:
    > || It seems to be all the numbers, on incoming pstn calls at least.
    > || Which ports do you have forwarded?
    > || I'll reboot the router and see if that helps...
    >
    > All the ones recommended on the Sipgate site...............is your * in the
    > DMZ?

    I haven't got any ports forwarded - my ISP blocks everything anyway.
    Hasn't been a problem so far.
    --
    Steve Loft

    Steve Loft, Nov 22, 2005
  9. Matt

    Steve Loft Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Which would you be after and I'll have a look?

    01807

    > £10 that you can use on PSTN calls doesn't seem such a bad deal. Voip's not
    > just for us stingies you know!

    I know, it's just that I'd have liked to have tried it first :)
    --
    Steve Loft

    Steve Loft, Nov 22, 2005
  10. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Steve Loft wrote:
    || Jono wrote:
    ||| Which would you be after and I'll have a look?
    || 01807
    ||| £10 that you can use on PSTN calls doesn't seem such a bad deal.
    ||| Voip's not just for us stingies you know!
    || I know, it's just that I'd have liked to have tried it first :)
    || --
    || Steve Loft

    Is't not there!

    01805 & 01806 are, but not 7. it then jumps to 01822

    Jono, Nov 22, 2005
  11. Jono wrote:

    > 01805 & 01806 are, but not 7. it then jumps to 01822

    hmm, i'll take a look why, there should be!

    If you would like a number in this area code (and any other UK ones that are
    not for that matter), drop me an email off-list and i'll sort it out.

    ~ Theo

    --
    Theo Zourzouvillys
    Lead Technical Architect

    Theo Zourzouvillys, Nov 22, 2005
  12. Matt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Does it occur just with calls to/from PSTN, or does it
    > also happen with Sipgate to Sipgate calls? Have a look
    > for Ivor's speaking clock number if you want to test
    > that. (If he doesn't mind that is!)

    Not at all, that's one of the reasons it's there..! 1431320 (Sipgate) or
    020 7043 1320 (PSTN).

    Sometimes the PSTN gateway seems to misbehave, but I've just tested and
    it's ok here at the moment.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 22, 2005
  13. Matt

    Steve Loft Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Is't not there!
    >
    > 01805 & 01806 are, but not 7. it then jumps to 01822

    That's no use, I'm not moving to Devon or Shetland.
    --
    Steve Loft

    Steve Loft, Nov 22, 2005
  14. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I'm guessing that the problem was a spurious nat=yes that seems to have
    appeared in ALL my sip trunks!

    Will sit and take them out now!

    Cheers

    Matthew

    Matt, Nov 22, 2005
  15. Matt

    Jono Guest

    "Steve Loft" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> Is't not there!
    >>
    >> 01805 & 01806 are, but not 7. it then jumps to 01822

    > That's no use, I'm not moving to Devon or Shetland.
    > --
    > Steve Loft

    See Theo's response, Steve.

    Jono, Nov 23, 2005
  16. Matt

    Jono Guest

    "Steve Loft" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:
    >>
    >> All the ones recommended on the Sipgate site...............is your * in
    >> the DMZ?

    > I haven't got any ports forwarded - my ISP blocks everything anyway.
    > Hasn't been a problem so far.
    > --
    > Steve Loft

    Let me add your ISP to my "Do not choose" list. Which one is it?

    Jono, Nov 23, 2005
  17. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Taken them out - still no better.

    Looks like something has died somewhere....

    Worked fine last week...

    All ports forward fine. settings ok:

    Outgoing:-

    allow=ulaw&alaw
    authuser=xxxx
    canreinvite=no
    context=from-trunk
    disallow=all
    dtmfmode=info
    fromdomain=sipgate.co.uk
    fromuser=xxxx
    host=sipgate.co.uk
    insecure=very
    secret=xxxx
    type=peer
    username=xxxx

    Incoming

    context=from-trunk
    dtmfmode=info
    insecure=very
    secret=xxxx
    type=user

    xxxx:/xxxx

    Any other ideas?

    Matt, Nov 23, 2005
  18. Matt

    Steve Loft Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Let me add your ISP to my "Do not choose" list. Which one is it?

    That's OK, you wouldn't be able to choose it anyway.
    --
    Steve Loft

    Steve Loft, Nov 23, 2005
  19. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Steve Loft wrote:
    || Jono wrote:
    ||| Let me add your ISP to my "Do not choose" list. Which one is it?
    || That's OK, you wouldn't be able to choose it anyway.
    || --
    || Steve Loft

    Even more intriguing.

    An ISP that is local to 01807, that blocks every port. Is it a local
    wireless ISP?

    Jono, Nov 23, 2005
  20. Matt

    Steve Loft Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Even more intriguing.
    >
    > An ISP that is local to 01807, that blocks every port. Is it a local
    > wireless ISP?

    No, nothing exciting. Just a DSL connection from my house to my
    employer's intranet. From where it connects to the internet somehow.
    --
    Steve Loft

    Steve Loft, Nov 23, 2005