    sipgate, phones ring but no audio. Can anyone explain how it's done, the old
    Actiontec was dead simple, like me I suppose.

    Jon G8JPW

    I'm Old Greg, Jul 8, 2006

  2. I'm Old Greg

    Graham. Guest

    "I'm Old Greg" <> wrote in message
    news:e8om78$9p2$...
    > I've been on Sipgate for the last 3 months using an Actiontec router, all
    > working OK. A couple of days ago the router got zapped in power cut/surge
    > or
    > whatever, I now have the above named netgear router, I've tried the manual
    > and the Netgear website but can't find how to forward the ports needed for
    > sipgate, phones ring but no audio. Can anyone explain how it's done, the
    > old
    > Actiontec was dead simple, like me I suppose.
    >
    > Jon G8JPW

    I just downloaded a DG834G manual from the Netgear web site and its in
    section 5.4
    Don't know about the DHG834G though. Google doesn't seem aware or it
    either.

    73's
    --
    Graham. G3ZVT

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jul 8, 2006

  3. I'm Old Greg

    I'm Old Greg Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "I'm Old Greg" <> wrote in message
    > > I've been on Sipgate for the last 3 months using an Actiontec router,

    all
    > > working OK. A couple of days ago the router got zapped in power

    cut/surge
    > > or
    > > whatever, I now have the above named netgear router, I've tried the

    manual
    > > and the Netgear website but can't find how to forward the ports needed

    for
    > > sipgate, phones ring but no audio. Can anyone explain how it's done, the
    > > old
    > > Actiontec was dead simple, like me I suppose.
    > >
    > > Jon G8JPW

    > I just downloaded a DG834G manual from the Netgear web site and its in
    > section 5.4
    > Don't know about the DHG834G though. Google doesn't seem aware or it
    > either.
    >

    > 73's
    > --
    > Graham. G3ZVT
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Thanks for the info Graham, if all else fails 'Read The Manual'. All I got
    with this router was the basic Install Guide nothing about port forwarding.
    The router is a DG834G, the H was just finger trouble. I've downloaded the
    manual now so should be OK soon.

    Thank again for nudging my brain back into gear

    73's Jon

    I'm Old Greg, Jul 8, 2006
  4. I'm Old Greg

    Mike Hicks Guest

    "I'm Old Greg" <> wrote in message
    > I've been on Sipgate for the last 3 months using an Actiontec router, all
    > working OK. A couple of days ago the router got zapped in power cut/surge
    > or
    > whatever, I now have the above named netgear router, I've tried the manual
    > and the Netgear website but can't find how to forward the ports needed for
    > sipgate, phones ring but no audio. Can anyone explain how it's done, the
    > old
    > Actiontec was dead simple, like me I suppose.
    >
    > Jon G8JPW

    Hi,
    I also use SIPGate and I'm using a Netgear DG834 v2.
    When I first had my Netgear it did some very odd things at first, until I
    downloaded the latest firmware update from Netgear's website and applied it.
    That was before I started using SIPGate though.
    I've never had any trouble with SIPGate.
    The Netgear router just worked, fine, out of the box. All I've done is
    change the admin password. Don't change any other settings!
    SIPGate works fine, the Netgear router has NAT and SPF firewalls, my Safecom
    IP phone simply worked it all out for itself.
    Not sure how I can help you really.

    Try the latest firmware update and see how that goes.

    Mike
    Glastonbury

    Mike Hicks, Jul 10, 2006
  5. I'm Old Greg

    I'm Old Greg Guest

    "Mike Hicks" <> wrote in message

    > "I'm Old Greg" <> wrote in message
    > > I've been on Sipgate for the last 3 months using an Actiontec router,

    all
    > > working OK. A couple of days ago the router got zapped in power

    cut/surge
    > Hi,
    > I also use SIPGate and I'm using a Netgear DG834 v2.
    > When I first had my Netgear it did some very odd things at first, until I
    > downloaded the latest firmware update from Netgear's website and applied

    it.
    > That was before I started using SIPGate though.
    > I've never had any trouble with SIPGate.
    > The Netgear router just worked, fine, out of the box. All I've done is
    > change the admin password. Don't change any other settings!
    > SIPGate works fine, the Netgear router has NAT and SPF firewalls, my

    Safecom
    > IP phone simply worked it all out for itself.
    > Not sure how I can help you really.
    >
    > Try the latest firmware update and see how that goes.
    >
    > Mike
    > Glastonbury

    Thanks for the info Mike, my router is DG834G v3, I have got it working fine
    now, the port forwarding worked a bit differently to my old Actiontec and it
    takes a while for my brain to take it in.

    Thank again

    Jon - G8JPW

    I'm Old Greg, Jul 11, 2006
  6. I'm Old Greg

    Matt Guest

    Hi Jon,

    Just found this thread.

    Having a lot of problems with the portforwarding in the DG834Gv3 to use
    with asterisk.

    The unit shows the ports all correctly set up, but the ports scanners
    show them as still "stealth" or "blocked"!

    Was there any little tricks you had to do?

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Aug 5, 2006