    Thanks

    Mick

    --
    Mick, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Mick

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Mick" <jev@,jb.com> wrote in message
    news:5NFGg.13137$
    > Excuse my ignorance - I know that outgoing calls from my
    > Sipgate account are as per published tarrif - but are
    > calls into my geographic number local calls to the caller
    > regardless of where they are in the UK?.... or do they
    > still pay the relevant rate as set by their service
    > provider?

    The caller is charged whatever their normal rate to 01/02 numbers is. This
    is usually (but not always) irrespective of where they are in the UK, but
    they would have to check with their service provider.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh Mick:
    > Excuse my ignorance - I know that outgoing calls from my Sipgate
    > account are as per published tarrif - but are calls into my geographic
    > number local calls to the caller regardless of where they are in the
    > UK?.... or do they still pay the relevant rate as set by their service
    > provider?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mick

    Depends on what service provider they use to call the number, virtually
    all providers charge the same for calls to 'local' 01 and 02 numbers as
    they do to 'national' 01 and 02 numbers.

    For example BT evening and weekend charges 5.5p for the first hour to
    call 01 and 02 numbers whether they are to the next door neighbour or
    someone 200 miles away.

    Primus 2 Saver doesn't charge for evening and weekend calls to 01 and 02
    numbers unless the call is over 90mins.

    1899 charges 3p for the entire 01 or 02 call whether it is 'local' or
    'national'.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 22, 2006
  4. Mick

    alexd Guest

    Mick wrote:

    > Excuse my ignorance - I know that outgoing calls from my Sipgate
    > account are as per published tarrif - but are calls into my geographic
    > number local calls to the caller regardless of where they are in the
    > UK?.... or do they still pay the relevant rate as set by their service
    > provider?

    Anyone making any telephone call ever, pays the relevant rate as set by
    their service provider.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:22:47 up 28 days, 23:45, 3 users, load average: 0.03, 0.07, 0.16
    alexd, Aug 22, 2006