Sipgate introduces call forwarding

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ivor Jones, Sep 12, 2007.

  1. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Sipgate has just announced the introduction of call forwarding:

    https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/news.php?id=

    Instead of voicemail, calls can be diverted to any valid phone number,
    including mobiles. Charges will be whatever would be normally charged for
    the diverted leg of the call.

    You can set up to 3 diversions, which will take place in order, i.e.
    divert to another landline or VoIP phone, if not answered within whatever
    time is set, the next phone set will ring, i.e. a mobile, if that isn't
    answered then the call could go to voicemail.

    I've just tested it and it seems to work ok.

    Note that full PSTN phone numbers must be entered, not SIP numbers. If the
    call is to another SIP phone it will still be free, of course.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 12, 2007

  2. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:00:33 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Sipgate has just announced the introduction of call forwarding:

    There you go again doing you best to get more business for them .
    , Sep 12, 2007

  3. Ivor Jones

    Oldie Guest

    In article <>,
    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:

    > Sipgate has just announced the introduction of call forwarding:

    Thanks for the info Ivor.

    > Note that full PSTN phone numbers must be entered, not SIP numbers. If the
    > call is to another SIP phone it will still be free, of course.

    Presumably that's only to those providers that Sipgate peers with?

    Oldie
    Oldie, Sep 12, 2007
  4. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Oldie" <> wrote in message
    : : In article <>,
    : : "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    : :
    : : : Sipgate has just announced the introduction of call
    : : : forwarding:
    : :
    : : Thanks for the info Ivor.
    : :
    : :
    : : : Note that full PSTN phone numbers must be entered,
    : : : not SIP numbers. If the call is to another SIP phone
    : : : it will still be free, of course.
    : :
    : : Presumably that's only to those providers that Sipgate
    : : peers with?
    : :
    : : Oldie

    Not sure, as the phone number has to be entered as a PSTN number so it
    depends on whether the system recognises the prefix code, I think it's a
    case of suck it and see, if any problems are identified then maybe they
    can work on them.

    I'd like to see the ability to define forwarding based on time of day, for
    example.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 13, 2007
  5. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    : : On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:00:33 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : : :
    : : : Sipgate has just announced the introduction of call
    : : : forwarding:
    : :
    : : There you go again doing you best to get more business
    : : for them .

    Not at all, merely pointing out what's already on the website.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 13, 2007
  6. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:00:47 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >: : On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:00:33 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    >: : <> wrote:
    >: :
    >: : :
    >: : : Sipgate has just announced the introduction of call
    >: : : forwarding:
    >: :
    >: : There you go again doing you best to get more business
    >: : for them .
    >
    >Not at all, merely pointing out what's already on the website.
    >
    >Ivor

    And what you posted could ENCURAGE an unsuspecting person to go to the
    web site sign up and regret doing so .
    , Sep 13, 2007
  7. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    : : On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:00:47 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    : : <> wrote:
    : :
    : : :
    : : :
    : : : <> wrote in message
    : : : news:
    : : : : : On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:00:33 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    : : : : : <> wrote:
    : : : : :
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : Sipgate has just announced the introduction of
    : : : : : : call forwarding:
    : : : : :
    : : : : : There you go again doing you best to get more
    : : : : : business for them .
    : : :
    : : : Not at all, merely pointing out what's already on the
    : : : website.
    : : :
    : : : Ivor

    : : And what you posted could ENCURAGE an unsuspecting
    : : person to go to the web site sign up and regret doing
    : : so .

    Or not.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 13, 2007
  8. Ivor Jones

    Ed Straker Guest

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:16:04 GMT, wrote:

    >And what you posted could ENCURAGE an unsuspecting person to go to the
    >web site sign up and regret doing so .

    Only if they could spell properly.
    Ed Straker, Sep 13, 2007
  9. Ivor Jones

    TheDragon Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > Sipgate has just announced the introduction of call forwarding:
    >
    > https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/news.php?id=
    >
    > Instead of voicemail, calls can be diverted to any valid phone number,
    > including mobiles. Charges will be whatever would be normally charged for
    > the diverted leg of the call.
    >
    > You can set up to 3 diversions, which will take place in order, i.e.
    > divert to another landline or VoIP phone, if not answered within whatever
    > time is set, the next phone set will ring, i.e. a mobile, if that isn't
    > answered then the call could go to voicemail.
    >
    > I've just tested it and it seems to work ok.
    >
    > Note that full PSTN phone numbers must be entered, not SIP numbers. If the
    > call is to another SIP phone it will still be free, of course.
    >

    > Ivor

    Thanks Ivor. I have enabled this option. Use Sipgate all the time for
    incoming calls (VOIP cheap for outgoing calls, but it is there as a backup
    to VoipCheap. Also Have Draytel as a 3rd line of backup.
    TheDragon, Sep 13, 2007
  10. Ivor Jones

    bob garbutt Guest

    wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:00:47 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> <> wrote in message
    >> : : On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:00:33 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    >> : : <> wrote:
    >> : :
    >> : : :
    >> : : : Sipgate has just announced the introduction of call
    >> : : : forwarding:
    >> : :
    >> : : There you go again doing you best to get more business
    >> : : for them .
    >>
    >> Not at all, merely pointing out what's already on the website.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > And what you posted could ENCURAGE an unsuspecting person to go to the
    > web site sign up and regret doing so .

    why should he regret doing so, I use voipcheap to dial out and sipgate
    for incoming calls, no problem
    bob garbutt, Sep 13, 2007
  11. Ivor Jones

    TheDragon Guest

    > why should he regret doing so, I use voipcheap to dial out and sipgate for
    > incoming calls, no problem

    Same here
    TheDragon, Sep 13, 2007