    am still getting callers telling me they have to re-dial several times
    before getting a connection also.

    Spencer

    Spencer, Jul 15, 2005

  2. well perhaps you shopuld try a reputable and reliable voip provider such as
    VONAGE UK.

    Stefan Kaniuk, Jul 15, 2005

  3. Spencer

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Spencer" <> wrote in message
    > Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a
    > ringing tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing
    > whether the call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the
    > service going to start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the
    > lack of reliability now. I am still getting callers telling me they
    > have to re-dial several times before getting a connection also.

    What time was this..? The STUN server was down for about half an hour this
    afternoon.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Spencer

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Stefan Kaniuk" <> wrote in message
    > well perhaps you shopuld try a reputable and reliable voip provider such
    > as VONAGE UK.

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.

    Ivor Jones, Jul 15, 2005
  5. Spencer

    Spencer Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Spencer" <> wrote in message
    >> Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a
    >> ringing tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing
    >> whether the call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service
    >> going to start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of
    >> reliability now. I am still getting callers telling me they have to
    >> re-dial several times before getting a connection also.

    > What time was this..? The STUN server was down for about half an hour this
    > afternoon.
    >
    > Ivor

    After 6pm this evening onwards.

    Spencer

    Spencer, Jul 15, 2005
  6. Spencer

    Spencer Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Stefan Kaniuk" <> wrote in message

    > Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet and in e-mail?

    A: Stefan Kaniuk

    Spencer, Jul 15, 2005
  7. Spencer

    Guest

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:50:04 +0100, "Spencer" <>
    wrote:

    >Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a ringing
    >tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing whether the call
    >is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service going to start
    >working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of reliability now. I
    >am still getting callers telling me they have to re-dial several times
    >before getting a connection also.
    >
    >Spencer

    Spencer has with most things you can either live with it or bugger off
    I shall be doing the latter once I have used up all the remaining cash
    in my Sipgate accounts .

    , Jul 15, 2005
  8. Spencer

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Spencer" <> wrote in message

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Spencer" <> wrote in message
    >>> Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a
    >>> ringing tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing
    >>> whether the call is ringing at the other end or not! When is the
    >>> service going to start working reliably? I'm getting peed off with
    >>> the lack of reliability now. I am still getting callers telling me
    >>> they have to re-dial several times before getting a connection also.

    >> What time was this..? The STUN server was down for about half an hour
    >> this afternoon.
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > After 6pm this evening onwards.
    >
    > Spencer

    Sounds right, 1700GMT. Don't know the cause yet.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 15, 2005
  9. Spencer

    Guest

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:51:10 GMT, "Stefan Kaniuk"
    <> wrote:

    >well perhaps you shopuld try a reputable and reliable voip provider such as
    >VONAGE UK.

    Stefan while I sort of agree with you 100% regarding Vonage but no
    system is 100% reliable and I am sure one of these days Vonage is
    going to fall over for a short time and that will be it . With Sipgate
    there is something falling over every week and the voicemail service
    has still got to get up off its knees and I honestly don't think it
    ever will .
    Justdial voip has been reliable while I have been with them but the
    audio quality leaves a hell of a lot to be desired that is why I have
    or am closing my account and have gone over to Vonage .
    I cannot complain about Voipfone no problems what so ever but their
    charges are a bit steep compared with Vonage the 9.99 you pay Vonage
    and you get all UK and Ireland calls free will only get you 1000
    minutes with Voipfone I think it is .

    , Jul 15, 2005
  10. Spencer

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:47:26 +0100, wrote:

    >On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:50:04 +0100, "Spencer" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Most of the time today, my attempted calls via sipgate don't get a ringing
    >>tone at my side, so as the caller, you are left not knowing whether the call
    >>is ringing at the other end or not! When is the service going to start
    >>working reliably? I'm getting peed off with the lack of reliability now. I
    >>am still getting callers telling me they have to re-dial several times
    >>before getting a connection also.
    >>
    >>Spencer
    >>

    >Spencer has with most things you can either live with it or bugger off
    >I shall be doing the latter once I have used up all the remaining cash
    >in my Sipgate accounts .

    If a dissatisfied Sipgate user wants to switch to another provider, is
    it possible to port the number he got from Sipgate to the new service?
    Has anyone done this?

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jul 16, 2005
  11. Spencer

    Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:09:41 +0800, Chris Blunt
    <> wrote:

    >If a dissatisfied Sipgate user wants to switch to another provider, is
    >it possible to port the number he got from Sipgate to the new service?
    >Has anyone done this?
    >
    >Chris

    So you are considering doing the latter also are you Chris ,another of
    the free features you get with Vonage is that you can set calls to
    your Vonage number to be forwarded to a land line or mobile if your
    Internet connection goes down for some reason at no extra cost .

    , Jul 16, 2005
  12. Spencer

    Ivor Jones Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:09:41 +0800, Chris Blunt
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> If a dissatisfied Sipgate user wants to switch to another
    >> provider, is it possible to port the number he got from Sipgate to
    >> the new service? Has anyone done this?
    >>
    >> Chris

    > So you are considering doing the latter also are you Chris ,another
    > of the free features you get with Vonage is that you can set calls
    > to your Vonage number to be forwarded to a land line or mobile if
    > your Internet connection goes down for some reason at no extra cost

    Free features, eh..? Is that one of the free features you pay £9.99 a
    month for I wonder <g>

    I'm not knocking Vonage if that's what suits you, but it always makes me
    laugh when people go on about things being "free" when you still have to
    pay for them one way or the other..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 16, 2005
  13. Spencer

    Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:50:34 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Free features, eh..? Is that one of the free features you pay £9.99 a
    >month for I wonder <g>

    Ivor you pay the 9.99 a month for the totally " free" calls of any
    duration to all geo numbers in the uk and Ireland.
    >I'm not knocking Vonage if that's what suits you, but it always makes me
    >laugh when people go on about things being "free" when you still have to
    >pay for them one way or the other..!

    Likewise with Sipgate you have to pay for every call you make unless
    to another sipgate user no matter which service you use you end up
    paying somewhere along the line . We have discussed this matter
    several times ie the 5.99 for 1000 minutes a month with Sipgate but
    you have to pay them a tenner a month to get it and that is all you
    get . For my 9.99 I get no restrictions on number of minutes used pr
    month and I get charged 9.99 each month not 10.00. Plus of course all
    the very handy and very useful " free" features such has being able
    to diver calls automaticly to any land line or mobile number for free
    if the net connection goes down .
    And the Vonage voicemail system does work unlike the Sipgate I still
    haven't been able to change my message:))))))))))) .

    , Jul 16, 2005
  14. Spencer

    Tom Guest

    I had the same issue many time myself, when calling France. They can hear me
    but I can't hear anything (no tone or voice). The only indication that the
    call is connected is that the countdown starts on my phone.

    The issues are:
    * annoying for the person receiving the dead call
    * call being charges each time (and connection fee is applicable)

    I contacted Sipgate twice, and no replies yet, so time to look for a decent
    provider with a minimum of customer support...

    Tom, Jul 18, 2005
  15. Spencer

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:07:36 +0100, wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:09:41 +0800, Chris Blunt
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>If a dissatisfied Sipgate user wants to switch to another provider, is
    >>it possible to port the number he got from Sipgate to the new service?
    >>Has anyone done this?
    >>
    >>Chris

    >So you are considering doing the latter also are you Chris ,another of
    >the free features you get with Vonage is that you can set calls to
    >your Vonage number to be forwarded to a land line or mobile if your
    >Internet connection goes down for some reason at no extra cost .

    I might if I could take my number with me. I'm not that heavy a user,
    so I can live with the occasional Sipgate outage. I'll probably move
    eventually if they don't sort themselves out.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jul 18, 2005
  16. There are lots of providers out there, offering many more features than
    vonage for instance. I use Voiptalk and have had no problems at all.
    Although they don't do any unlimited calls packages they have something
    called prepay silver, which has many more features than vonage and gives
    much lower call rates as well.

    The Knowledge

    VoIP Knowledge, Jul 26, 2005
  17. Spencer

    Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:41:25 +0100, "VoIP Knowledge"
    <> wrote:

    >There are lots of providers out there, offering many more features than
    >vonage for instance. I use Voiptalk and have had no problems at all.
    >Although they don't do any unlimited calls packages they have something
    >called prepay silver, which has many more features than vonage and gives
    >much lower call rates as well.

    Sooner have Vonage mainly because you pay 9.99 a month and that is it
    all calls to the UK and Ireland are included and to the states at the
    moment and no need to keep checking that you have credit left. I do
    have a Voipfone account but only use it for the call back feature
    which is very handy .

    , Jul 26, 2005
  18. Tom wrote:
    > I had the same issue many time myself, when calling France. They can hear me
    > but I can't hear anything (no tone or voice). The only indication that the
    > call is connected is that the countdown starts on my phone.
    >
    > The issues are:
    > * annoying for the person receiving the dead call
    > * call being charges each time (and connection fee is applicable)
    >
    > I contacted Sipgate twice, and no replies yet, so time to look for a decent
    > provider with a minimum of customer support...

    Am I the only person who has ever had a response from sipgate customer
    support?

    (Only sent them two emails, with technical queries, the first one they
    took 5 days to reply, and the second less than 24 hours. Strangely the
    second one was a much more complicated question.)

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 4, 2005
  19. Spencer

    Guest

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:08:22 GMT, Thomas Rankin
    <> wrote:

    >Am I the only person who has ever had a response from sipgate customer
    >support?
    >
    >(Only sent them two emails, with technical queries, the first one they
    >took 5 days to reply, and the second less than 24 hours. Strangely the
    >second one was a much more complicated question.)

    Took me 5 days to get a reply three weeks ago won't be long now before
    the service goes down completely on a Friday night and doesn't come
    back on till Monday morning one of the staff's boozing weekends is
    about due again I should think .

    , Aug 5, 2005
  20. Spencer

    Guest

    I have had prompt responses from their customer service, but today
    people have been unable to call in, it shows that have called on the
    website and they have been able to leave voicemail.. but my phone does
    not ring!
    I can call out, no problems.

    , Aug 5, 2005