    I can't log into their web site - i just get the "logging in" thing and
    nothing happens. My ATA (Billion router) can't register, either.

    Will
    Will Kemp, Jan 4, 2007

  2. Thus spaketh Will Kemp:
    > Is Sipgate down today or is it just me?
    >
    > I can't log into their web site - i just get the "logging in" thing
    > and nothing happens. My ATA (Billion router) can't register, either.
    >
    > Will

    Making and receiving calls OK on Sipgate (just tested) on my ATA. Can
    also log into Sipgate OK too here.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 4, 2007

  3. Will Kemp

    Guest Guest

    Working fine here
    Guest, Jan 5, 2007
  4. Will Kemp

    Guest

    On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:52:02 GMT, <> wrote:

    >Working fine here

    Ho ho ho is Ivor using a different name now I wonder !! .
    , Jan 5, 2007
  5. Will Kemp

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:52:02 GMT, <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > Working fine here
    > >

    > Ho ho ho is Ivor using a different name now I wonder !! .

    You just can't resist, can you Ron..?!

    If you'd bothered to check the headers of the message you'd see he's using
    NTL. I don't have cable, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole since Telewest
    took over Birmingham Cable (who were very good).

    Sipgate ok here as well, just to annoy you even more ;-)

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jan 6, 2007
  6. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:52:02 GMT, <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Working fine here
    >>>

    >> Ho ho ho is Ivor using a different name now I wonder !! .

    > You just can't resist, can you Ron..?!
    >
    > If you'd bothered to check the headers of the message you'd see he's
    > using NTL. I don't have cable, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole
    > since Telewest took over Birmingham Cable (who were very good).
    >
    > Sipgate ok here as well, just to annoy you even more ;-)
    >
    > Ivor

    Yes, Birmingham Cable were excellent.

    Though I have to say Telewest broadband has been excellent, other than
    recently my area having a slight capacity problem, so from time to time
    things can slow down a little, but up until then it has been full speed
    all the way.

    Haven't had cable phone for many years, from when they became a rip-off,
    and also started to charge for call waiting and call divert option when
    they were free with BC.

    Only have TW TV as I get the starter package free with my discounted
    broadband (offer extended), wouldn't pay for it, just use it to top up
    my satellite TV services.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 6, 2007
  7. Will Kemp

    Guest Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:52:02 GMT, <> wrote:
    >
    > Ho ho ho is Ivor using a different name now I wonder !! .

    No no, I am not Ivor. I just answered that post because I was in a similar
    situation 2 weeks ago and I posted for help on that newsgroup.
    Guest, Jan 6, 2007
  8. Will Kemp

    Guest

    On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:28:37 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >Yes, Birmingham Cable were excellent.

    So was NorthWest cable or what ever it was called when I signed up in
    the first place but one does have to move on I mean Winston was the
    best PM this country as ever had and a very close second was Lady
    Thatcher but now like it or lump it we at the moment have put up with
    Blair who does TRY to run the country or eventually Cameron who is
    doing his best to turn the once great Conservative party into NEW NEW
    Labour .
    And just has there are no viable alternatives to choose from in
    politics these days I shall not be going near any poling station at
    the next election and I have no intention of leaving TelewestNTL for
    BB provision and going to crappy BT and ADSL providers .
    , Jan 6, 2007
  9. Will Kemp

    Guest

    On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 08:20:49 GMT, <> wrote:

    >No no, I am not Ivor.

    Thank God for that one is enough !! .
    , Jan 6, 2007
  10. Thus spaketh :
    > On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:28:37 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >> Yes, Birmingham Cable were excellent.

    > So was NorthWest cable or what ever it was called when I signed up in
    > the first place but one does have to move on I mean Winston was the
    > best PM this country as ever had and a very close second was Lady
    > Thatcher but now like it or lump it we at the moment have put up with
    > Blair who does TRY to run the country or eventually Cameron who is
    > doing his best to turn the once great Conservative party into NEW NEW
    > Labour .
    > And just has there are no viable alternatives to choose from in
    > politics these days I shall not be going near any poling station at
    > the next election and I have no intention of leaving TelewestNTL for
    > BB provision and going to crappy BT and ADSL providers .

    No, I'm staying with TW for broadband, as I dumped my BT landline so I
    could just use VoIP over TW broadband.

    I used to be with Pipex and they were really excellent when I was with
    them, though they did turn bad like virtually all the other ADSL
    providers when BT changed the way they charged ISPs, would have been
    with TW earlier for broadband but it took around 2.5 years to convince
    them to ignore their database and send someone out to find out that
    there was no problem with me having broadband in my house, my two
    neighbours had broadband, the people opposite had broadband, there was
    no wayleave problem, yet my address was flagged as not in digital area.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 6, 2007
  11. Will Kemp

    Guest

    On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 15:24:32 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >No, I'm staying with TW for broadband, as I dumped my BT landline so I
    >could just use VoIP over TW broadband.

    I just do not see the point of having VOIP if you need a fixed line .

    > but it took around 2.5 years to convince
    >them to ignore their database and send someone out to find out that
    >there was no problem with me having broadband in my house,

    That is just typical of most companies these days most would sooner
    believe their databases than get of their backsides and come and see
    for themselves . On the other hand if companies employed properly
    trained staff or trained their staff to maintain their databases
    correctly or whatever these kind of problems would not occur.
    , Jan 6, 2007
  12. Will Kemp

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > I just do not see the point of having VOIP if you need a
    > fixed line .

    So that you can have extra "lines" and phone numbers, perhaps..? I have 8
    phone numbers with 3 different providers (not just Sipgate, Ron) including
    numbers in Germany and the US.

    Or maybe so that you can use the fixed line for fax, which is still
    somewhat problematic over even the best VoIP service..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jan 6, 2007
  13. Will Kemp

    Guest

    On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:45:30 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >
    >> I just do not see the point of having VOIP if you need a
    >> fixed line .

    >So that you can have extra "lines" and phone numbers, perhaps..? I have 8
    >phone numbers with 3 different providers (not just Sipgate, Ron) including
    >numbers in Germany and the US.
    >
    >Or maybe so that you can use the fixed line for fax, which is still
    >somewhat problematic over even the best VoIP service..?

    Well for starters fax machines went out with the ark I haven't had a
    fax machine here since the first BB connection was installed a few
    years ago now sooner use email .
    Fixed lines are far to expensive one could have two Vonage lines for
    slightly more than the cost of one BT or TW fixed line or five from
    voip.co.uk or voipfone.co.uk for ten quid or less .
    I am quite happy with two voip lines and Telewest for Broadband .
    , Jan 6, 2007
  14. Will Kemp

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:45:30 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > > Or maybe so that you can use the fixed line for fax,
    > > which is still somewhat problematic over even the best
    > > VoIP service..?

    > Well for starters fax machines went out with the ark I
    > haven't had a fax machine here since the first BB
    > connection was installed a few years ago now sooner use
    > email .

    There are some businesses, particularly the legal profession, who will not
    use email, they insist on using fax. It has its uses.

    > Fixed lines are far to expensive one could have two
    > Vonage lines for slightly more than the cost of one BT or
    > TW fixed line or five from voip.co.uk or voipfone.co.uk
    > for ten quid or less .

    And I can have 4 Sipgate lines for nothing ;-)

    > I am quite happy with two voip lines and Telewest for
    > Broadband .

    Good for you.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jan 6, 2007
  15. Will Kemp

    Guest

    On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:58:39 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >And I can have 4 Sipgate lines for nothing ;-)

    And you could have eight tin cans and four very long pices of string
    which would be every bit as useful .
    , Jan 7, 2007
  16. Will Kemp

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:58:39 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > And I can have 4 Sipgate lines for nothing ;-)

    > And you could have eight tin cans and four very long
    > pices of string which would be every bit as useful .

    Indeed, my cat loves to chase bits of string, and where would I be without
    baked beans..?!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jan 7, 2007
  17. Will Kemp

    ale.cx Guest

    On Jan 6, 1:02 pm, wrote:
    <snipped>
    > I shall not be going near any poling station at the next election

    Normally I'm quite disappointed when people give up on the democratic
    process, but I think I'll make an exception in this case.

    alexd
    ale.cx, Jan 8, 2007
  18. Will Kemp

    Guest

    On 8 Jan 2007 02:32:44 -0800, "ale.cx" <> wrote:

    >On Jan 6, 1:02 pm, wrote:
    ><snipped>
    >> I shall not be going near any poling station at the next election

    >Normally I'm quite disappointed when people give up on the democratic
    >process, but I think I'll make an exception in this case.
    >
    >alexd

    There isn't any choice between the two main parties these days Alex so
    why bother voting both parties are intent on letting criminals go very
    nearly scot free with just a slap on the wrist both parties are intent
    on letting the world and his Brother come and live here
    and both parties are intent on doing many things that the British
    people do not want them to do ,there just isn't any differance
    beteween them .
    I mean every word of this bring back lady Thatcher or Harold Wilson
    or someone of their caliber and I will vote at the next election Alex.
    , Jan 8, 2007