    is it just me or everyone is having trouble with Sipgate?

    Cheers
    SC

    SC, Aug 1, 2006

  2. On 1 Aug 2006 01:48:56 -0700, "SC" <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >Anyone using Sipgate's service? I have not been able to get a dial tone
    >since Sunday and also unable to login to the account management page,
    >is it just me or everyone is having trouble with Sipgate?

    Worked just fine for me last night.

    And Sipgate don't supply a 'dial-tone' - your own equipment does
    that - so if you don't have dial-tone check your kit.

    Regards,
    Harry.

    Harry Broomhall, Aug 1, 2006

  3. SC

    Guest

    On 1 Aug 2006 01:48:56 -0700, "SC" <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >Anyone using Sipgate's service? I have not been able to get a dial tone
    >since Sunday and also unable to login to the account management page,
    >is it just me or everyone is having trouble with Sipgate?
    >
    >Cheers
    >SC

    Don't worry Ivor will speak with his bosses .

    , Aug 1, 2006
  4. SC

    The Iceman Guest

    "SC" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Anyone using Sipgate's service? I have not been able to get a dial tone
    > since Sunday and also unable to login to the account management page,
    > is it just me or everyone is having trouble with Sipgate?
    >
    > Cheers
    > SC

    Hi SC,
    I use sipgate, and mine's fine. I just used it about two minutes ago - 12.45
    lunchtime BST.

    Good luck!
    Icey

    The Iceman, Aug 1, 2006
  5. SC

    The Iceman Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 1 Aug 2006 01:48:56 -0700, "SC" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>Anyone using Sipgate's service? I have not been able to get a dial tone
    >>since Sunday and also unable to login to the account management page,
    >>is it just me or everyone is having trouble with Sipgate?
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>SC

    > Don't worry Ivor will speak with his bosses .

    What? Does Ivor work at Sipgate?

    The Iceman, Aug 1, 2006
  6. SC

    SC Guest

    The Iceman wrote:
    > "SC" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > Anyone using Sipgate's service? I have not been able to get a dial tone
    > > since Sunday and also unable to login to the account management page,
    > > is it just me or everyone is having trouble with Sipgate?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > SC
    > >

    > Hi SC,
    > I use sipgate, and mine's fine. I just used it about two minutes ago - 12..45
    > lunchtime BST.
    >
    > Good luck!
    > Icey

    I just signed up for a 2nd account, it works(kind of, still can't login
    from the main page, but can login from www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear or
    before you download x-lite), however with the first account, I am still
    getting "We cannot find your account information." while I only signed
    up last Thursday.
    Can't reconfigure the netgear router and can't use the £50 I deposited
    to make a phone call, all I hear from the phone is the engage tone.

    SC

    SC, Aug 1, 2006
  7. SC

    The Iceman Guest

    "SC" <> wrote in message

    The Iceman wrote:
    > "SC" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > Anyone using Sipgate's service? I have not been able to get a dial tone
    > > since Sunday and also unable to login to the account management page,
    > > is it just me or everyone is having trouble with Sipgate?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > SC
    > >

    > Hi SC,
    > I use sipgate, and mine's fine. I just used it about two minutes ago -
    > 12.45
    > lunchtime BST.
    >
    > Good luck!
    > Icey

    I just signed up for a 2nd account, it works(kind of, still can't login
    from the main page, but can login from www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear or
    before you download x-lite), however with the first account, I am still
    getting "We cannot find your account information." while I only signed
    up last Thursday.
    Can't reconfigure the netgear router and can't use the £50 I deposited
    to make a phone call, all I hear from the phone is the engage tone.

    SC
    ----------------------------

    I also have a Netgear router. Mines a DG834 v2.
    I only wagered a tenner, until I knew it would all work okay, and I've got
    £6.01 left!
    Sorry I'm not that technically minded, in fact I'm a bit of a VoIP newbie.
    Gotta go now, SWMBO calls!

    Icey

    The Iceman, Aug 1, 2006
  8. Thus spaketh The Iceman:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> On 1 Aug 2006 01:48:56 -0700, "SC" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> Anyone using Sipgate's service? I have not been able to get a dial
    >>> tone since Sunday and also unable to login to the account
    >>> management page, is it just me or everyone is having trouble with
    >>> Sipgate? Cheers
    >>> SC

    >> Don't worry Ivor will speak with his bosses .

    > What? Does Ivor work at Sipgate?

    No, it's small appendage boy, doing what it does best, living up to its
    name as a small appendage.

    That vast majority of people just ignore it.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 1, 2006
  9. SC

    Guest

    On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:46:15 +0100, "The Iceman"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On 1 Aug 2006 01:48:56 -0700, "SC" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi all,
    >>>Anyone using Sipgate's service? I have not been able to get a dial tone
    >>>since Sunday and also unable to login to the account management page,
    >>>is it just me or everyone is having trouble with Sipgate?
    >>>
    >>>Cheers
    >>>SC

    >> Don't worry Ivor will speak with his bosses .

    >What? Does Ivor work at Sipgate?

    Not sure but seems funny that there is only he allowed to have direct
    contact with them .

    , Aug 1, 2006
  10. SC

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "The Iceman" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    > > On 1 Aug 2006 01:48:56 -0700, "SC"
    > > <> wrote:
    > > > Hi all,
    > > > Anyone using Sipgate's service? I have not been able
    > > > to get a dial tone since Sunday and also unable to
    > > > login to the account management page, is it just me
    > > > or everyone is having trouble with Sipgate? Cheers
    > > > SC

    > > Don't worry Ivor will speak with his bosses .

    > What? Does Ivor work at Sipgate?

    Wish I did, bet they pay more than I'm getting at the moment..!

    FWIW my system is ok as well, although my FWD line was off for a while
    last night.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 1, 2006
  11. SC

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:46:15 +0100, "The Iceman"
    > <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > > What? Does Ivor work at Sipgate?
    > >

    > Not sure but seems funny that there is only he allowed to
    > have direct contact with them .

    Yawn..................................

    Whatever gave you that idea..? Plenty of people have spoken with them.
    Maybe they just don't want to speak to *you* eh, Ron..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 1, 2006
  12. SC

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "SC" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I just signed up for a 2nd account, it works(kind of,
    > still can't login from the main page, but can login from
    > www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear or before you download x-lite),
    > however with the first account, I am still getting "We
    > cannot find your account information." while I only
    > signed up last Thursday.
    > Can't reconfigure the netgear router and can't use the
    > £50 I deposited to make a phone call, all I hear from the
    > phone is the engage tone.

    Is it the TA612V..? Send tech support an email, I think it's a known
    problem with the unit, although I'm not certain.

    Have you reloaded the firmware from the website..? IIRC you need to do
    this from the first account.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 1, 2006
  13. SC

    kyron Guest

    Hi everyone

    Shortly after the last outage i got sipgate back but the quality u.e
    voice is so poor it kees dropping off I wish they would get their act
    together and tell people if they are having technical difficulties
    ---
    External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com

    kyron, Aug 1, 2006
  14. SC

    SC Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > "SC" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > > I just signed up for a 2nd account, it works(kind of,
    > > still can't login from the main page, but can login from
    > > www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear or before you download x-lite),
    > > however with the first account, I am still getting "We
    > > cannot find your account information." while I only
    > > signed up last Thursday.
    > > Can't reconfigure the netgear router and can't use the
    > > £50 I deposited to make a phone call, all I hear from the
    > > phone is the engage tone.
    > >

    > Is it the TA612V..? Send tech support an email, I think it's a known
    > problem with the unit, although I'm not certain.

    yes, it is a TA612V, emailed them yesterday so I should get a reply
    from them just before 2010.

    > Have you reloaded the firmware from the website..? IIRC you need to do
    > this from the first account.

    can't do that at all, it's binded to my 1st account and I can't use the
    Open Firmware option without logging in, the account or email address
    can not be found while logging in, but when i tried to registered again
    using the same email address and account name, it won't let me saying
    they are both in use.

    SC

    SC, Aug 2, 2006
  15. Seems to be down at the moment - cant dial PSTN at 10:35

    Roger Barrett, Aug 2, 2006