  1. Anyone else having problems with Sipgate?

    Calling my numbers from PSTN either results in number not recognized or
    we can not connect you to the service.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 10, 2005

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    || Anyone else having problems with Sipgate?
    || Calling my numbers from PSTN either results in number not recognized
    || or we can not connect you to the service.

    I can ring out OK.

    I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.

    The Cable Guy, Jun 11, 2005

  3. The Cable Guy wrote:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > || Anyone else having problems with Sipgate?
    > || Calling my numbers from PSTN either results in number not recognized
    > || or we can not connect you to the service.
    >
    > I can ring out OK.
    >
    > I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.

    Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020, 01675)

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 11, 2005
  4. {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    || The Cable Guy wrote:
    ||| I can ring out OK.
    ||| I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.
    || Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020,
    || 01675)

    I thought I had a large number (4) of Sipgate numbers.

    What on earth are you doing with 7? Or is that just STDs - you may have
    more?

    The Cable Guy, Jun 11, 2005
  5. The Cable Guy wrote:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > || Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020,
    > || 01675)
    >
    > I thought I had a large number (4) of Sipgate numbers.
    >
    > What on earth are you doing with 7? Or is that just STDs - you may have
    > more?

    Because I can! I have USA and German number too, a number from Voip
    Buster and a few others.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 11, 2005
  6. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Paul Newman Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in message
    > The Cable Guy wrote:
    >>
    >> I thought I had a large number (4) of Sipgate numbers.
    >>
    >> What on earth are you doing with 7? Or is that just STDs - you may have
    >> more?

    > Because I can! I have USA and German number too, a number from Voip Buster
    > and a few others.

    Could I just make the point that there is a cost associated with providing
    these numbers. If lots of people grab more numbers than are necessary, there
    is less of a chance that the service will continue to be available to the
    rest of us.

    Maybe you have a genuine need for so many numbers, and you fund each one, in
    which case I apologise.

    --
    Paul Newman

    Paul Newman, Jun 11, 2005
  7. Paul Newman wrote:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>The Cable Guy wrote:

    >>>I thought I had a large number (4) of Sipgate numbers.
    >>>
    >>>What on earth are you doing with 7? Or is that just STDs - you may have
    >>>more?

    >>Because I can! I have USA and German number too, a number from Voip Buster
    >>and a few others.

    > Could I just make the point that there is a cost associated with providing
    > these numbers. If lots of people grab more numbers than are necessary, there
    > is less of a chance that the service will continue to be available to the
    > rest of us.
    >
    > Maybe you have a genuine need for so many numbers, and you fund each one, in
    > which case I apologise.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Newman

    There are genuine reasons for the numbers, and money is put into them.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 11, 2005
  8. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:16:07 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
    <> wrote:

    >The Cable Guy wrote:
    >>
    >> I can ring out OK.
    >>
    >> I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.
    >>

    >Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020, 01675)

    Ok or was up here in the north of the country at 00.15

    , Jun 11, 2005
  9. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:52:04 +0100, "Paul Newman" <>
    wrote:
    >Could I just make the point that there is a cost associated with providing
    >these numbers. If lots of people grab more numbers than are necessary, there
    >is less of a chance that the service will continue to be available to the
    >rest of us.

    On the other hand I stand corrected if I am wrong but if these numbers
    are so costly to provide I don't see Sipgate making any provision on
    their site for handing unused numbers back or even canceling accounts
    that are not required anymore

    , Jun 11, 2005
  10. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Ivor Jones Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:52:04 +0100, "Paul Newman"
    > <> wrote:
    >> Could I just make the point that there is a cost associated with
    >> providing these numbers. If lots of people grab more numbers than
    >> are necessary, there is less of a chance that the service will
    >> continue to be available to the rest of us.

    *Please* put a space in here dex it makes life so much easier <g>

    > On the other hand I stand corrected if I am wrong but if these
    > numbers are so costly to provide I don't see Sipgate making any
    > provision on their site for handing unused numbers back or even
    > canceling accounts that are not required anymore

    Unused numbers can be returned to the pool if unused for a period of time,
    there isn't currently a fixed ceiling on this but I wouldn't expect to
    keep a number that you haven't used for 6 months or so. If you know you
    won't need an account/number any more tell Sipgate and the number can be
    returned to the pool straight away.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 11, 2005
  11. Ivor Jones <> wrote:
    [...]
    > *Please* put a space in here dex it makes life so much easier <g>

    I just put a space in my killfile for him until such time as he learns
    English. I had assumed he was about 11, but he revealed that he was
    somewhat older. It seems that education standards weren't very good in
    the 50s either :)

    [...]
    > Unused numbers can be returned to the pool if unused for a period of
    > time, there isn't currently a fixed ceiling on this but I wouldn't
    > expect to keep a number that you haven't used for 6 months or so. If
    > you know you won't need an account/number any more tell Sipgate and
    > the number can be returned to the pool straight away.

    The wholesale cost to Sipgate for a number is surprisingly high. They
    seem to be giving the numbers away and hiking the call prices to cover
    the cost. This doesn't look to be good business sense given that one
    can easily avoid Sipgate's call prices by using 1899 instead.

    --
    PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

    Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
    http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpndc

    Peter Corlett, Jun 11, 2005
  12. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    ßødincµs Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:01:54 +0100, said...
    |On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:16:07 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
    |<> wrote:
    |
    |>The Cable Guy wrote:
    |>> ||

    |>> I can ring out OK.
    |>>
    |>> I daren't check incoming as I'll wake the wife & kids.
    |>>

    |>Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020, 01675)
    |Ok or was up here in the north of the country at 00.15

    01738 down, at the mo'... Just jotted down a message for them - a
    little bit harsh - let me see if it gets a reply...
    If this happens another single time, I'm goin' away from SipGate, I
    can't afford to have an unreliable phone number.
    --
    ßodincus · The Y2K Druid
    I'm watching you....

    ßødincµs, Jun 11, 2005
  13. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    John Guest

    Also down here again!! 01584 number,
    Not the most reliable service.
    John

    John, Jun 11, 2005

  14. > |
    > 01738 down, at the mo'... Just jotted down a message for them - a
    > little bit harsh - let me see if it gets a reply...
    > If this happens another single time, I'm goin' away from SipGate, I
    > can't afford to have an unreliable phone number.

    My Grandstream 486 can't log onto the server at the moment, tried
    rebooting, red light flashing continuously.

    bacillus cereus, Jun 11, 2005
  15. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Dave Gill Guest

    John <> wrote:

    > Also down here again!! 01584 number,
    > Not the most reliable service.

    Dead here too (01743 number).

    Dave Gill, Jun 11, 2005
  16. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On 11 Jun 2005 09:04:57 GMT, (Peter
    Corlett) wrote:
    >I just put a space in my killfile for him until such time as he learns
    >English. I had assumed he was about 11, but he revealed that he was
    >somewhat older. It seems that education standards weren't very good in
    >the 50s either :)

    Only for the very few with money in those days Peter the rest of us
    had to leave school at the first opportunity and start contributing to
    the family budget instead of lounging around doing nothing until
    reaching the early twenties has most do today .

    >The wholesale cost to Sipgate for a number is surprisingly high. They
    >seem to be giving the numbers away and hiking the call prices to cover
    >the cost. This doesn't look to be good business sense given that one
    >can easily avoid Sipgate's call prices by using 1899 instead.

    Or 18866 .

    , Jun 11, 2005
  17. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    John Guest

    Its Just come up 01584 number
    John

    John, Jun 11, 2005
  18. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:46:22 GMT, bacillus cereus
    <> wrote:

    >> 01738 down, at the mo'... Just jotted down a message for them - a
    >> little bit harsh - let me see if it gets a reply...
    >> If this happens another single time, I'm goin' away from SipGate, I
    >> can't afford to have an unreliable phone number.

    >My Grandstream 486 can't log onto the server at the moment, tried
    >rebooting, red light flashing continuously.

    My 01372 number came back up about 30 minutes ago after being down for
    a few hours.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jun 11, 2005
  19. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    ßødincµs Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:21:09 GMT, ßødincµs said...
    |On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:01:54 +0100, said...
    ||On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:16:07 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
    ||<> wrote:
    ||>> ||

    ||>Some are working (0151, 0131, 029, 028) other aren't (0121, 020, 01675)
    ||Ok or was up here in the north of the country at 00.15
    |01738 down, at the mo'... Just jotted down a message for them - a
    |little bit harsh - let me see if it gets a reply...
    |If this happens another single time, I'm goin' away from SipGate, I
    |can't afford to have an unreliable phone number.

    01738 come up again, see how much it last... :)
    --
    ßodincus · The Y2K Druid
    I'm watching you....

    ßødincµs, Jun 11, 2005
  20. On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:50:28 +0100,
    (Dave Gill) wrote:

    >Dead here too (01743 number).

    is "Sipgate Down" the name of the service :)

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !

    Phil Thompson, Jun 11, 2005