  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ... is it just me ?
    Guest, Dec 22, 2006

  2. Guest

    Roger Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:qQVih.17401$...
    > My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ... is it just me ?

    mines ok
    Roger, Dec 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    > > My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ...
    > > is it just me ?

    Not working in what way..? Totally dead or other problems..? Is your ATA
    registering..?

    > mines ok

    Ok here, although I notice I sometimes don't get a ring tone calling
    another SIP number using the full PSTN number. Try my clock on 1431320
    (020 7043 1320) as a test if you want to.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 22, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Roger" <> wrote in message
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> > My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ...
    >> > is it just me ?

    > Not working in what way..? Totally dead or other problems..? Is your ATA
    > registering..?
    >
    >> mines ok

    > Ok here, although I notice I sometimes don't get a ring tone calling
    > another SIP number using the full PSTN number. Try my clock on 1431320
    > (020 7043 1320) as a test if you want to.
    >
    > Ivor

    I get a "no response from server" message on my GXP2000
    and I am using "sipgate.co.uk" sip server ...

    I will try again tomorrow
    Guest, Dec 22, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh :
    > My Sipgate phone doesn't seem to be working tonight ... is it just me
    > ?

    I've not had any problem today.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 22, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Still broken today ! My other account (voipfone) is working but the sipgate
    account here from Alderdshot seems to be down.
    Guest, Dec 23, 2006
  7. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Still broken today ! My other account (voipfone) is
    > working but the sipgate account here from Alderdshot
    > seems to be down.

    Ok here, just used it. Is it totally dead (i.e. no registration) or is it
    merely limited access, i.e. no PSTN in/out or whatever..? Can you be more
    specific..?

    I've sometimes found that rebooting the router and/or ATA can help to jog
    a recalcitrant piece of kit into registering, have you tried this..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 23, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest

    On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 13:33:32 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Still broken today ! My other account (voipfone) is
    >> working but the sipgate account here from Alderdshot
    >> seems to be down.

    >Ok here, just used it. Is it totally dead (i.e. no registration) or is it
    >merely limited access, i.e. no PSTN in/out or whatever..? Can you be more
    >specific..?
    >
    >I've sometimes found that rebooting the router and/or ATA can help to jog
    >a recalcitrant piece of kit into registering, have you tried this..?
    >
    >Ivor

    My God I am finding it really hard Ivor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    , Dec 23, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Ok here, just used it. Is it totally dead (i.e. no registration) or is it
    > merely limited access, i.e. no PSTN in/out or whatever..? Can you be more
    > specific..?

    I have a Grandstream GXP2000 with 2 accounts ( 1 sipgate and 1 voipfone ).
    I have not changed any settings and it has been working for months.

    Voipfone works fine (i.e. I can dial my mobile and it rings)
    Since yesterday afternoon, the sipgate account does not work (i.e. when i
    try to call my mobile, I get a "NO RESPONSE - There was no response received
    from the server" message) (and when I try to ring my PTSN number from the
    mobile, I have a voice saying "The person you are calling is not available")

    > I've sometimes found that rebooting the router and/or ATA can help to jog
    > a recalcitrant piece of kit into registering, have you tried this..?

    Yes, without success
    Guest, Dec 23, 2006
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Another thing is that the phone doesn't show the time / date as it used to.

    When looking at sipgate website, the phone is offline and the screen says :

    Device status (Laxxxxx Pexxxxx: 275xxxx)

    Here is an overview of all SIP devices with your SIP-ID which are
    currently* connected to the sipgate server.
    Please click on a device to display a link for your homepage.

    Device type Expire IP SIP-ID

    23.12.2006 00:00h
    Guest, Dec 23, 2006
  11. Guest

    Guest

    On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:34:18 GMT, <> wrote:

    >Another thing is that the phone doesn't show the time / date as it used to.
    >
    >When looking at sipgate website, the phone is offline and the screen says :
    >

    > Device status (Laxxxxx Pexxxxx: 275xxxx)

    Get yourself with a REAL voip provider like voipfone.co.uk or
    uk.voip.co.uk sod the German would like to be but don't know how .
    , Dec 23, 2006
  12. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 16:34:18 GMT, <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Another thing is that the phone doesn't show the time /
    > > date as it used to.
    > >
    > > When looking at sipgate website, the phone is offline
    > > and the screen says :
    > >

    > > Device status (Laxxxxx Pexxxxx: 275xxxx)

    > Get yourself with a REAL voip provider like
    > voipfone.co.uk or uk.voip.co.uk sod the German would like
    > to be but don't know how .

    I'm sure there's a sentence in there somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can
    find it..!

    Here's a clue for you, Ron:

    http://www.abnormalpenguin.com/cluepon.jpg

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 23, 2006
  13. Guest

    Meggahurtz Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > I'm sure there's a sentence in there somewhere, but I'm buggered if I can
    > find it..!

    <Snipped load of Ivor Dribble>

    You can always tell when someone loses an arguement, they seem to pick on
    the minor of detail ;0)
    Meggahurtz, Dec 24, 2006
  14. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Meggahurtz" <> wrote in message
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I'm sure there's a sentence in there somewhere, but I'm
    > > buggered if I can find it..!

    > <Snipped load of Ivor Dribble>

    Hey, that was the best bit..!

    > You can always tell when someone loses an arguement, they
    > seem to pick on the minor of detail ;0)

    I've found they usually start swearing.

    Merry Christmas..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 24, 2006
  15. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well, after 3 days and my account still not working, I sent a mail to the
    sipgate helpdesk.

    The strange thing is, I am not able to tracert the "sipgate.co.uk" from my
    PC, the request always stop on the following server :

    r3-1-2.netzquadrat.net [80.81.192.75]

    Another thing is when people try to call me, I can see they tried by looking
    at my account page on the website. So the problem seems to be between the
    sipgate server and my phone.

    Thank you for your help, I will keep you informed.
    Guest, Dec 24, 2006
  16. Guest

    Paul Cupis Guest

    wrote:
    > Well, after 3 days and my account still not working, I sent a mail to the
    > sipgate helpdesk.
    >
    > The strange thing is, I am not able to tracert the "sipgate.co.uk" from my
    > PC, the request always stop on the following server :
    >
    > r3-1-2.netzquadrat.net [80.81.192.75]

    Hmm, possible IP routing problem? traceroute works here for me.

    Perhaps you could post a traceroute? Can you ping sipgate.co.uk?
    Paul Cupis, Dec 24, 2006
  17. Guest

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking wrote :
    > Well, after 3 days and my account still not working, I sent a mail to the
    > sipgate helpdesk.
    >
    > The strange thing is, I am not able to tracert the "sipgate.co.uk" from my
    > PC, the request always stop on the following server :
    >
    > r3-1-2.netzquadrat.net [80.81.192.75]
    >
    > Another thing is when people try to call me, I can see they tried by looking
    > at my account page on the website. So the problem seems to be between the
    > sipgate server and my phone.
    >
    > Thank you for your help, I will keep you informed.

    Or more precisely, somewhere between 86.16.142.208 & 80.81.192.75.

    Here's my tracert, for comparison:

    Tracing route to sipgate.co.uk [217.10.79.23]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

    1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms router [192.168.1.1]
    2 9 ms 8 ms 12 ms 10.153.64.1
    3 9 ms 8 ms 11 ms 62.30.241.38
    4 22 ms 22 ms 22 ms usr502-kno.cableinet.co.uk [194.117.138.6]
    5 19 ms 20 ms 15 ms 194.117.136.166
    6 46 ms 40 ms 41 ms r8-1-2.netzquadrat.net [195.66.227.14]
    7 51 ms 50 ms 39 ms r2-5-7.netzquadrat.net [217.10.64.65]
    8 48 ms 43 ms 42 ms sipgate.co.uk [217.10.79.23]

    Trace complete.
    Jono, Dec 24, 2006
  18. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Tracing route to www.sipgate.co.uk [217.10.79.28]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

    1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 10 ms 8 ms 11 ms 10.129.16.1
    3 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms glfd-t2cam1-b-v110.inet.ntl.com
    [80.4.30.205]
    4 11 ms 9 ms 9 ms glfd-t2core-b-ge-wan61.inet.ntl.com
    [195.182.175.249]
    5 9 ms 10 ms 9 ms gfd-bb-b-so-530-0.inet.ntl.com
    [213.105.174.157]
    6 23 ms 12 ms 15 ms nth-bb-a-so-000-0.inet.ntl.com
    [62.253.185.97]
    7 33 ms 44 ms 31 ms fran-ic-1-so-700-0.inet.ntl.com
    [62.253.185.81]
    8 34 ms 31 ms 39 ms r3-1-2.netzquadrat.net [80.81.192.75]
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 ^C

    Ping times out as well
    Guest, Dec 24, 2006
  19. Guest

    Jono Guest

    wrote :
    > Tracing route to www.sipgate.co.uk [217.10.79.28]
    > over a maximum of 30 hops:
    >
    > 1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
    > 2 10 ms 8 ms 11 ms 10.129.16.1
    > 3 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms glfd-t2cam1-b-v110.inet.ntl.com [80.4.30.205]
    > 4 11 ms 9 ms 9 ms glfd-t2core-b-ge-wan61.inet.ntl.com
    > [195.182.175.249]
    > 5 9 ms 10 ms 9 ms gfd-bb-b-so-530-0.inet.ntl.com
    > [213.105.174.157]
    > 6 23 ms 12 ms 15 ms nth-bb-a-so-000-0.inet.ntl.com
    > [62.253.185.97]
    > 7 33 ms 44 ms 31 ms fran-ic-1-so-700-0.inet.ntl.com
    > [62.253.185.81]
    > 8 34 ms 31 ms 39 ms r3-1-2.netzquadrat.net [80.81.192.75]
    > 9 * * * Request timed out.
    > 10 * * * Request timed out.
    > 11 ^C
    >

    > Ping times out as well

    Do you have access to a proxy server you could try?
    Jono, Dec 24, 2006
  20. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > wrote :

    > Do you have access to a proxy server you could try?

    Sorry, I don't know what you mean.
    I do not have a proxy server myself, but if I was given an address, I could
    try something ?
    Guest, Dec 24, 2006