    Been logging error messages since last night, and there still going strong
    this afternoon.

    Ta
    Q, Aug 18, 2007

  2. Q

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Q formulated :
    > Anyone in the UK confirm if sipgate registration gateways are down *again*?
    >
    > Been logging error messages since last night, and there still going strong
    > this afternoon.
    >

    > Ta

    I can cofirm that everything appears to be working fine for me. As it
    has done for yonks.
    Jono, Aug 18, 2007

  3. Q

    Q Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > It happens that Q formulated :
    >> Anyone in the UK confirm if sipgate registration gateways are down
    >> *again*?
    >>
    >> Been logging error messages since last night, and there still going
    >> strong this afternoon.
    >>

    >> Ta

    > I can cofirm that everything appears to be working fine for me. As it has
    > done for yonks.

    Hmm...

    Aug 18 15:26:16 NOTICE[16004]: chan_sip.c:5372 sip_reg_timeout: --
    Registration for '' timed out, trying again (Attempt
    #147)
    -- parse_srv: SRV mapped to host sipgate.co.uk, port 5060
    Aug 18 15:26:36 NOTICE[16004]: chan_sip.c:5372 sip_reg_timeout: --
    Registration for '' timed out, trying again (Attempt
    #148)

    And that's all I've been getting since last night. I go up and it was on
    attempt 1700 the pbx has been relaunched to see if that would help, but
    nothing, and my routes to sipgate are fine (as is the webpage etc) tried
    using sipgate.de, but that failed as well.
    Q, Aug 18, 2007
  4. Q

    TheDragon Guest

    "Q" <..@..> wrote in message
    > Anyone in the UK confirm if sipgate registration gateways are down
    > *again*?
    >
    > Been logging error messages since last night, and there still going strong
    > this afternoon.
    >

    > Ta

    All fine here out in Sunny Cyprus.
    TheDragon, Aug 18, 2007
  5. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 18, 2007
  6. Q

    Q Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    >Q wrote:
    >> Anyone in the UK confirm if sipgate registration gateways are down
    >> *again*? Been logging error messages since last night, and there still
    >> going
    >> strong this afternoon.
    >>

    >> Ta

    > No problems here.

    <Cut>

    Thanks.

    [root@muffin ~]# telnet sipgate.co.uk 5060 (217.10.79.23)
    Trying 217.10.79.23...
    telnet: connect to address 217.10.79.23: Connection refused
    Q, Aug 18, 2007
  7. Q

    Q Guest

    Back up again.

    Although the test message at 10000 is the German one again...
    Q, Aug 18, 2007
  8. Q

    News Reader Guest

    "Q" <..@..> wrote in message
    > Anyone in the UK confirm if sipgate registration gateways are down
    > *again*?
    >
    > Been logging error messages since last night, and there still going strong
    > this afternoon.
    >

    > Ta

    Hi,

    I wonder if they have clusters or have implemented separate sections in
    their VoIP registration servers. E.g. customers 10000->20000 routed to
    server A; customers 20000->30000 routed to server B; and hence customers can
    have different experiences (e.g. one down whilst another remains up)?

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Aug 18, 2007
  9. Q

    alexd Guest

    Q wrote:

    > [root@muffin ~]# telnet sipgate.co.uk 5060 (217.10.79.23)
    > Trying 217.10.79.23...
    > telnet: connect to address 217.10.79.23: Connection refused

    Asterisk can't do SIP over TCP anyway so that test is irrelevant.
    Try 'nc -u' next time ;-)

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:19:26 up 32 days, 3:04, 3 users, load average: 1.16, 1.00, 0.82
    alexd, Aug 18, 2007
  10. News Reader wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I wonder if they have clusters or have implemented separate sections in
    > their VoIP registration servers. E.g. customers 10000->20000 routed to
    > server A; customers 20000->30000 routed to server B; and hence customers can
    > have different experiences (e.g. one down whilst another remains up)?

    Sounds plausable, It's probably been more than a year sinc eI've had a
    registration failure with them.
    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 19, 2007
  11. Q

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:32:12 +0300, "TheDragon"
    <> wrote:

    >"Q" <..@..> wrote in message
    >> Anyone in the UK confirm if sipgate registration gateways are down
    >> *again*?
    >>
    >> Been logging error messages since last night, and there still going strong
    >> this afternoon.
    >>

    >> Ta
    >>

    >All fine here out in Sunny Cyprus.

    Also here in Manila !

    Chris
    Chris Blunt, Aug 19, 2007
  12. Q

    Herman Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message
    > News Reader wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I wonder if they have clusters or have implemented separate sections in
    >> their VoIP registration servers. E.g. customers 10000->20000 routed to
    >> server A; customers 20000->30000 routed to server B; and hence customers
    >> can
    >> have different experiences (e.g. one down whilst another remains up)?
    >>

    > Sounds plausable, It's probably been more than a year sinc eI've had a
    > registration failure with them.

    Could be. Although I don't actually use them, I have a couple of SIP
    registrations on my box that have failed quite a few times over the last
    couple of weeks. Tends to be for an hour or so, and I put it down to
    routing.
    Herman, Aug 20, 2007
  13. Q

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote in
    message news:96byi.11397$
    : : "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    : : message
    : : news:9ALxi.24359$...
    : : : News Reader wrote:
    : : : :
    : : : : Hi,
    : : : :
    : : : : I wonder if they have clusters or have implemented
    : : : : separate sections in their VoIP registration
    : : : : servers. E.g. customers 10000->20000 routed to
    : : : : server A; customers 20000->30000 routed to server
    : : : : B; and hence customers can
    : : : : have different experiences (e.g. one down whilst
    : : : : another remains up)?
    : : : :
    : : : Sounds plausable, It's probably been more than a year
    : : : sinc eI've had a registration failure with them.
    : :
    : : Could be. Although I don't actually use them, I have a
    : : couple of SIP registrations on my box that have failed
    : : quite a few times over the last couple of weeks. Tends
    : : to be for an hour or so, and I put it down to routing.

    I have a direct connection to a friend's Asterisk box (i.e. not through
    any commercial provider) and I'm always getting registration failure
    errors in the Fritz!Box log. The link still works though and no errors
    show up at his end. I once had registration errors every three minutes for
    2 weeks, although they stopped when I had to reboot the Fritz for other
    reasons. Very strange.

    Sipgate all ok here BTW both UK and German.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 20, 2007