    I get an engaged tone???

    Been like this the last hour.

    Phone from one sipgate to another works.
    PhilÅ, Mar 27, 2006

  2. PhilÅ

    Sparks Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    news:G3QVf.22993$...
    > Hello
    >
    > When calling wither of my sipgate numbers from my mobile or sipdiscount
    > line I get an engaged tone???
    >
    > Been like this the last hour.
    >
    > Phone from one sipgate to another works.

    Seems to be OK here, can you call 10000 on Sipgate OK?
    Sparks, Mar 27, 2006

  3. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> When calling wither of my sipgate numbers from my mobile or sipdiscount
    >> line I get an engaged tone???
    >>
    >> Been like this the last hour.
    >>
    >> Phone from one sipgate to another works.

    > Seems to be OK here, can you call 10000 on Sipgate OK?

    Yep, outgoing appears ok, incoming from my mobiles or my sipdiscount line
    gets a engaged.
    PhilÅ, Mar 27, 2006
  4. PhilÅ

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    > "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > > "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello
    > > >
    > > > When calling wither of my sipgate numbers from my
    > > > mobile or sipdiscount line I get an engaged tone???
    > > >
    > > > Been like this the last hour.
    > > >
    > > > Phone from one sipgate to another works.

    > > Seems to be OK here, can you call 10000 on Sipgate OK?
    > >

    > Yep, outgoing appears ok, incoming from my mobiles or my
    > sipdiscount line gets a engaged.

    Ok here from my Tesco mobile to all 3 Sipgate numbers, also from one
    Sipgate number to another. I have been having quite a few registration
    failures over the past few weeks but (fingers crossed) it seems ok at the
    moment. As I said in another thread there were problems for about an hour
    this morning but my end has been ok since then.

    Don't forget my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320) is available for
    any tests anyone might want to make..! Note that if it is busy when you
    call you will (or should..!) get ringing tone until it is free (max 30
    seconds) then it will connect.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 27, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh PhilÅ:
    > "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >> "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> When calling wither of my sipgate numbers from my mobile or
    >>> sipdiscount line I get an engaged tone???
    >>>
    >>> Been like this the last hour.
    >>>
    >>> Phone from one sipgate to another works.

    >> Seems to be OK here, can you call 10000 on Sipgate OK?
    >>

    > Yep, outgoing appears ok, incoming from my mobiles or my sipdiscount
    > line gets a engaged.

    Never had a real problem with Sipgate before, however I too am having the
    same problem.

    I can call other Sipgate numbers, 10000 and 50000, but incoming from mobile
    or pstn is engaged, out-going to non VoIP numbers unavailable tone.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 27, 2006
  6. PhilÅ

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Never had a real problem with Sipgate before, however I
    > too am having the same problem.
    >
    > I can call other Sipgate numbers, 10000 and 50000, but
    > incoming from mobile or pstn is engaged, out-going to non
    > VoIP numbers unavailable tone.

    Ok here both incoming and outgoing from PSTN so it isn't a gateway
    problem.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 27, 2006
  7. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> Never had a real problem with Sipgate before, however I
    >> too am having the same problem.
    >>
    >> I can call other Sipgate numbers, 10000 and 50000, but
    >> incoming from mobile or pstn is engaged, out-going to non
    >> VoIP numbers unavailable tone.

    > Ok here both incoming and outgoing from PSTN so it isn't a gateway
    > problem.
    >
    > Ivor

    Have done some testing.

    My 0121 numbers and a few other area numbers aren't working, yet other area
    numbers are working, but only, incoming and Sipgate-Sipgate, not out-going
    to the pstn.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 27, 2006
  8. PhilÅ

    Alex Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > When calling wither of my sipgate numbers from my mobile or sipdiscount
    > line I get an engaged tone???
    >
    > Been like this the last hour.
    >
    > Phone from one sipgate to another works.

    Mine's broke, it calls 1000 ok, but anything else just fails and I get the
    engaged tone. Looks like I'll have to call the landline I need to from my
    mobile instead, at 35p/min!

    Alex
    Alex, Mar 27, 2006
  9. PhilÅ

    wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

    [snip]

    > > Ok here both incoming and outgoing from PSTN so it
    > > isn't a gateway problem.
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > Have done some testing.
    >
    > My 0121 numbers and a few other area numbers aren't
    > working, yet other area numbers are working, but only,
    > incoming and Sipgate-Sipgate, not out-going to the pstn.

    Give me a ring, do you still have my number..? Can't find yours..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 27, 2006
  10. PhilÅ

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Alex" <> wrote in message
    > "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > When calling wither of my sipgate numbers from my
    > > mobile or sipdiscount line I get an engaged tone???
    > >
    > > Been like this the last hour.
    > >
    > > Phone from one sipgate to another works.
    > >

    > Mine's broke, it calls 1000 ok, but anything else just
    > fails and I get the engaged tone. Looks like I'll have to
    > call the landline I need to from my mobile instead, at
    > 35p/min!
    > Alex

    Strange, all is fine here, just done some exhaustive testing. What
    equipment are you using and is it registering ok..? The problem this
    morning has been with the registration servers.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 27, 2006
  11. PhilÅ

    Guest

    On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:48:17 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Alex" <> wrote in message
    >> "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hello
    >> >
    >> > When calling wither of my sipgate numbers from my
    >> > mobile or sipdiscount line I get an engaged tone???
    >> >
    >> > Been like this the last hour.
    >> >
    >> > Phone from one sipgate to another works.
    >> >

    >> Mine's broke, it calls 1000 ok, but anything else just
    >> fails and I get the engaged tone. Looks like I'll have to
    >> call the landline I need to from my mobile instead, at
    >> 35p/min!
    >> Alex

    >Strange, all is fine here, just done some exhaustive testing. What
    >equipment are you using and is it registering ok..? The problem this
    >morning has been with the registration servers.
    >
    >Ivor

    Why does Sipgate insist on proving my thoughts on their useless
    service to be correct I wonder .
    , Mar 27, 2006
  12. PhilÅ

    Jono Guest

    > My 0121 numbers and a few other area numbers aren't working, yet other
    > area numbers are working, but only, incoming and Sipgate-Sipgate, not
    > out-going to the pstn.

    0113 not working inbound either
    Jono, Mar 27, 2006
  13. PhilÅ

    Alex Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >> Mine's broke, it calls 1000 ok, but anything else just
    >> fails and I get the engaged tone. Looks like I'll have to
    >> call the landline I need to from my mobile instead, at
    >> 35p/min!
    >> Alex

    > Strange, all is fine here, just done some exhaustive testing. What
    > equipment are you using and is it registering ok..? The problem this
    > morning has been with the registration servers.
    >
    > Ivor

    It's using a Draytek vigor 2900VG voip router, worked fine in recent weeks
    (since sipgates improvements) and I haven't changed anything since it's
    installation. I just connected up an old Grandstream 486 directly to the
    cable modem without the router to see if my router was playing silly bugger-
    but I still get the engaged tone when calling anything but Sipgate's test
    line (they register). I have two accounts, with different area codes,
    registered to different addresses and were set up about 6 months apart,
    neither work. Both have ample credit.

    Alex
    Alex, Mar 27, 2006
  14. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >> Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

    > [snip]
    >
    >>> Ok here both incoming and outgoing from PSTN so it
    >>> isn't a gateway problem.
    >>>
    >>> Ivor

    >> Have done some testing.
    >>
    >> My 0121 numbers and a few other area numbers aren't
    >> working, yet other area numbers are working, but only,
    >> incoming and Sipgate-Sipgate, not out-going to the pstn.

    > Give me a ring, do you still have my number..? Can't find yours..!
    >
    > Ivor

    My main number is now working, was surprised as the phone started to ring.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 27, 2006
  15. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    >> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    >> wrote in message
    >>> Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

    >> [snip]

    >>> Have done some testing.
    >>>
    >>> My 0121 numbers and a few other area numbers aren't
    >>> working, yet other area numbers are working, but only,
    >>> incoming and Sipgate-Sipgate, not out-going to the pstn.

    >> Give me a ring, do you still have my number..? Can't find yours..!
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > My main number is now working, was surprised as the phone started to
    > ring.

    Playing up again, half way through conversation went to one way audio.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 27, 2006
  16. PhilÅ

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Alex" <> wrote in message
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > <snip>
    > > >
    > > > Mine's broke, it calls 1000 ok, but anything else just
    > > > fails and I get the engaged tone. Looks like I'll
    > > > have to call the landline I need to from my mobile
    > > > instead, at 35p/min!
    > > > Alex

    > > Strange, all is fine here, just done some exhaustive
    > > testing. What equipment are you using and is it
    > > registering ok..? The problem this morning has been
    > > with the registration servers. Ivor
    > >

    > It's using a Draytek vigor 2900VG voip router, worked
    > fine in recent weeks (since sipgates improvements) and I
    > haven't changed anything since it's installation. I just
    > connected up an old Grandstream 486 directly to the cable
    > modem without the router to see if my router was playing
    > silly bugger- but I still get the engaged tone when
    > calling anything but Sipgate's test line (they register).
    > I have two accounts, with different area codes,
    > registered to different addresses and were set up about 6
    > months apart, neither work. Both have ample credit.
    > Alex

    Very odd. Can you call my clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320)..?

    If you want to email me off group with a number I can try calling you from
    here. g6urp01 at googlemail dot com.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 27, 2006
  17. PhilÅ

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > > My main number is now working, was surprised as the
    > > phone started to ring.

    > Playing up again, half way through conversation went to
    > one way audio.

    One way audio is usually a firewall/port forwarding problem as you know,
    but I'm assuming you haven't changed anything..? Do you still have my
    number..? Or email me with yours - g6urp01 at googlemail dot com.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 27, 2006
  18. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >>> My main number is now working, was surprised as the
    >>> phone started to ring.

    >> Playing up again, half way through conversation went to
    >> one way audio.

    > One way audio is usually a firewall/port forwarding problem as you
    > know, but I'm assuming you haven't changed anything..? Do you still
    > have my number..? Or email me with yours - g6urp01 at googlemail dot
    > com.
    > Ivor

    It's all been working fine up until today, Sipgate are trying to fix the
    problem.

    I was getting no incoming calls, then they started to work, but half way
    through a conversation the audio switched to one-way.

    Nothing has changed, other than Sipgate are having technical problems.

    My VoIP Stunt number is working fine through the same device.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 27, 2006
  19. wrote:

    > Why does Sipgate insist on proving my thoughts on their useless
    > service to be correct I wonder .

    Pass, but I still haven't received a response from voip.co.uk and my
    problem still hasn't been fixed (which means my outgoing calls are still
    on sipgate which is working from here) .

    So far, I had a much better service with sipgate.
    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 27, 2006
  20. PhilÅ

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    message news:E3SVf.24297$
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Why does Sipgate insist on proving my thoughts on their
    > > useless service to be correct I wonder .
    > >

    > Pass, but I still haven't received a response from
    > voip.co.uk and my problem still hasn't been fixed (which
    > means my outgoing calls are still on sipgate which is
    > working from here) .
    >
    > So far, I had a much better service with sipgate.

    Didn't you know, he's working for the competition..!

    http://www.dexgate.com/htm/indexe.htm

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 27, 2006