    Anybody else having problems tonight? (1900Z)

    Best regards,

    John
    JGN, Jun 6, 2005

  2. JGN

    Guest

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:59:19 +0100, "JGN" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >Seem to be spending rather more time here than I had imagined, wehn I bought
    >the phone. Thing is, I have time on my hands as Sipgate seems to be down and
    >there is no network icon in the BT101 telephone. I have rebooted the router
    >and still nothing - so it is nice to pass the time of day with you lot :)
    >Anybody else having problems tonight? (1900Z)

    Sipgate is ok here John ! .
    , Jun 6, 2005

  3. JGN

    Ivor Jones Guest

    wrote:
    > On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:59:19 +0100, "JGN" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Seem to be spending rather more time here than I had imagined,
    >> wehn I bought the phone. Thing is, I have time on my hands as
    >> Sipgate seems to be down and there is no network icon in the BT101
    >> telephone. I have rebooted the router and still nothing - so it is
    >> nice to pass the time of day with you lot :) Anybody else having
    >> problems tonight? (1900Z)

    > Sipgate is ok here John ! .

    Ok here also at 2028. Logs don't show any outages at my location.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 6, 2005
  4. JGN

    JGN Guest

    "JGN" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Seem to be spending rather more time here than I had imagined, wehn I
    > bought the phone. Thing is, I have time on my hands as Sipgate seems to be
    > down and there is no network icon in the BT101 telephone. I have rebooted
    > the router and still nothing - so it is nice to pass the time of day with
    > you lot :) Anybody else having problems tonight? (1900Z)
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > John

    I think one credible improvement that could be made, is a better indication
    of network status on the Sipgate web page with a facility to enter problems
    as they arise. Dexter has kindly let me know that all is well at his end, so
    if the Sipgate engineers do not have an up to date picture of what is
    happening and where, (maybe they do) then it might help give them the info
    to improve the service. I have sent an email and that is not a bad move I
    suppose, as they are unlikely to be able to call me.

    Still up the creek at 1932Z.

    thanks Dexter!

    John
    JGN, Jun 6, 2005
  5. JGN

    JGN Guest

    "JGN" <> wrote in message

    > "JGN" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Seem to be spending rather more time here than I had imagined, wehn I
    >> bought the phone. Thing is, I have time on my hands as Sipgate seems to
    >> be down and there is no network icon in the BT101 telephone. I have
    >> rebooted the router and still nothing - so it is nice to pass the time of
    >> day with you lot :) Anybody else having problems tonight? (1900Z)
    >>
    >> Best regards,
    >>
    >> John

    > I think one credible improvement that could be made, is a better
    > indication of network status on the Sipgate web page with a facility to
    > enter problems as they arise. Dexter has kindly let me know that all is
    > well at his end, so if the Sipgate engineers do not have an up to date
    > picture of what is happening and where, (maybe they do) then it might help
    > give them the info to improve the service. I have sent an email and that
    > is not a bad move I suppose, as they are unlikely to be able to call me.
    >
    > Still up the creek at 1932Z.
    >
    > thanks Dexter!
    >
    > John

    Interesting!!!! Immediately after sending the last message and having
    rebooted the router. I pulle dthe power on the BodgeTune100 and Lo! A
    network connection appears. Having said that, the time shown is now 2
    minutes past midnight... Can't have it all I suppose.... And Yes - I have
    tried it and it connects nicely. Anybody else seen this little fiddle?

    regards once more - I could call you up now...

    John
    JGN, Jun 6, 2005
  6. JGN

    Guest

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:33:03 +0100, "JGN" <>
    wrote:

    > I have sent an email and that is not a bad move I
    >suppose, as they are unlikely to be able to call me.
    >
    >Still up the creek at 1932Z.
    >
    >thanks Dexter!

    Point is they should have a 24hr emergency number even if it was on
    an expensive code ! .
    , Jun 6, 2005