Sipgate delay / simplex

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ivor Jones, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Joe Harrison" <> wrote in message
    > Me and my SPA-3000 have been using Sipgate for about a month with not
    > many
    > problems but suddenly last few days there is about a one-second lag
    > between
    > me speaking and other end hearing, leading to comically confused
    > conversations sometimes.
    >
    > Also seems to be added strangeness in that speaking cuts off what other
    > end
    > is saying, simplex walkie talkie style.
    >
    > Is it me or is it Sipgate...

    I've not noticed that with my Sipura 2000. Are you calling other Sipgate
    numbers or PSTN/mobile numbers, international numbers, what..?

    Ivor

    Joe Harrison, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Ivor Jones

    Joe Harrison Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Joe Harrison" <> wrote in message
    > > Me and my SPA-3000 have been using Sipgate for about a month with not
    > > many
    > > problems but suddenly last few days there is about a one-second lag
    > > between
    > > me speaking and other end hearing, leading to comically confused
    > > conversations sometimes.
    > >
    > > Also seems to be added strangeness in that speaking cuts off what other
    > > end
    > > is saying, simplex walkie talkie style.
    > >
    > > Is it me or is it Sipgate...

    > I've not noticed that with my Sipura 2000. Are you calling other Sipgate
    > numbers or PSTN/mobile numbers, international numbers, what..?

    Errrmmuhh I think it might be down to finger trouble (Blush)

    I forgot I was doing some big downloads as well, I don't think my QoS is
    working as well as I thought it was.

    Recently NTL told me they would "soon" be upgrading the speed of my
    connection to 1MB. After a bit I thought well they must have done it by now
    so reconfigured my NAT router to what I hoped were the new speeds NTL told
    me 1Mbs down 200Kbs up. Think I'd better do some more speed testing and
    reconfigure the QoS again.
    Joe Harrison, Jul 4, 2005