    Can anyone suggest a step-by-step guide for obtaining a normal German
    geographic number from Sipgate.de?

    Ta.

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006

  2. Jono

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Can anyone suggest a step-by-step guide for obtaining a
    > normal German geographic number from Sipgate.de?
    >
    > Ta.

    One step and one step only. Find someone who lives there and use their
    address. That's how I did it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 14, 2006

  3. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones explained on 14/10/2006 :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone suggest a step-by-step guide for obtaining a
    >> normal German geographic number from Sipgate.de?
    >>
    >> Ta.

    > One step and one step only. Find someone who lives there and use their
    > address. That's how I did it.
    >
    > Ivor

    Ah, well, that may not be too difficult, however, do they check my IP
    address?

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006
  4. Jono

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones explained on 14/10/2006 :
    > > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > > > Can anyone suggest a step-by-step guide for obtaining
    > > > a normal German geographic number from Sipgate.de?
    > > >
    > > > Ta.

    > > One step and one step only. Find someone who lives
    > > there and use their address. That's how I did it.

    > Ah, well, that may not be too difficult, however, do they
    > check my IP address?

    I don't think so, no. Let me know how you get on.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 14, 2006
  5. Jono

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Ivor Jones wrote :

    >> Ah, well, that may not be too difficult, however, do they
    >> check my IP address?

    > I don't think so, no. Let me know how you get on.

    Well, that was straight forward. All up & running......I wonder if I
    edit my address, whether that will cause any issues

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006
  6. Jono

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > Well, that was straight forward. All up & running......I
    > wonder if I edit my address, whether that will cause any
    > issues

    It might, I wouldn't recommend it..! Leave it as it is, there's no real
    need to change it, the only reason they'd ever need your postal address is
    if you ordered something from the online shop.

    BTW email me off group if you want to do a test or two, g6urp01 at
    googlemail dot com.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 14, 2006
  7. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote on 14/10/2006 :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Well, that was straight forward. All up & running......I
    >> wonder if I edit my address, whether that will cause any
    >> issues

    > It might, I wouldn't recommend it..! Leave it as it is, there's no real need
    > to change it, the only reason they'd ever need your postal address is if you
    > ordered something from the online shop.
    >
    > BTW email me off group if you want to do a test or two, g6urp01 at googlemail
    > dot com.

    Yes, it does cause issues - you have to change your number! I hastily
    backed out of the address change pages, so original number is intact.

    What's the method to employ to dial SIP<=>SIP - UK account to/from
    German account?

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006
  8. Jono

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Yes, it does cause issues - you have to change your
    > number! I hastily backed out of the address change pages,
    > so original number is intact.
    > What's the method to employ to dial SIP<=>SIP - UK
    > account to/from German account?

    You have to dial the full PSTN number in international format, SIP ID
    alone won't work as the two systems are on different domains.

    So for my UK speaking clock dial 00442070431320. Calls are still free, as
    both are still recognised as Sipgate numbers.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 14, 2006
  9. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones was thinking very hard :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> Yes, it does cause issues - you have to change your
    >> number! I hastily backed out of the address change pages,
    >> so original number is intact.
    >> What's the method to employ to dial SIP<=>SIP - UK
    >> account to/from German account?

    > You have to dial the full PSTN number in international format, SIP ID alone
    > won't work as the two systems are on different domains.
    >
    > So for my UK speaking clock dial 00442070431320. Calls are still free, as
    > both are still recognised as Sipgate numbers.

    "Sorry you're hearing this message, there must be a fault with the
    system." I presume that's your speaking clock, not sipgate..?

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006
  10. Jono

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > "Sorry you're hearing this message, there must be a fault
    > with the system." I presume that's your speaking clock,
    > not sipgate..?

    Yes, that's my fallback voicemail message. I just tried from my sipgate.de
    account and it worked fine, so maybe it was just a glitch, give it another
    go, if no joy email me at the address I gave you and we can talk. Or if
    you get the voicemail message again leave a message with your number and
    I'll try calling you.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 14, 2006
  11. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones expressed precisely :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> "Sorry you're hearing this message, there must be a fault
    >> with the system." I presume that's your speaking clock,
    >> not sipgate..?

    > Yes, that's my fallback voicemail message. I just tried from my sipgate.de
    > account and it worked fine, so maybe it was just a glitch, give it another
    > go, if no joy email me at the address I gave you and we can talk. Or if you
    > get the voicemail message again leave a message with your number and I'll try
    > calling you.
    >
    > Ivor

    Cheers. Worked that time.

    Interesting that it translates the number I dialled to the SIP ID
    within the sipgate.de account......and it shows that SIP ID as offline,
    when clearly it isn't.

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006