    connect are either free or come from my cash balance.

    Any ideas??

    Geo

    George, May 14, 2005

  2. George

    Guest

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:22:51 +0100, "George"
    <> wrote:

    > Any
    >ideas anybody. Nothing has changed at my end at all.

    Simple Sipgate are total rubbish I am convinced of this fact after the
    events of the last three days .

    , May 14, 2005

  3. George

    George Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Sipgate account, on their 1000 minute plan. This morning, I
    >tried it, and couldn't call my friend on his land-line - "An error has
    >occured - please try again". I tried calling my own mobile - no
    >problems. Then I called an 0800 number - no problems. So I tried my
    >friend again - can't get through, same error message. So, I try several
    >other land-line numbers, and they all give me the same problem. Any
    >ideas anybody. Nothing has changed at my end at all. The fact that I
    >CAN make some PSTN calls, makes me think there is some sort of account
    >problem The calls I can't make, are calls that should be coming from my
    >1000 minute allowance, where on the other hand, the calls that do
    >connect are either free or come from my cash balance.
    >
    > Any ideas??
    >
    > Geo

    Okay. I've got another discovery....I can call certain land lines - Ones
    that are not on BT! I can call my mate on NTL, first time, no problems
    at all. Sounds a bit fishy to me...

    George

    George, May 14, 2005
  4. George

    Guest

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 14:48:02 +0100, "George"
    <> wrote:

    >Okay. I've got another discovery....I can call certain land lines - Ones
    >that are not on BT! I can call my mate on NTL, first time, no problems
    >at all. Sounds a bit fishy to me...
    >
    >George

    Now are you trying to say here what I have thought for quite a few
    weeks now George and that is that in some way BT are trying to maybe
    discredit Sipgate in some way . I do stand by what I have said over
    the past 48 hrs regarding Sipgate but I do have the feeling that BT
    could in some way be implicated in all the problems Sipgate have and
    are having . I actually mentioned this to Ivor some weeks ago when I
    was speaking to him .

    , May 14, 2005
  5. George

    George Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 14 May 2005 14:48:02 +0100, "George"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Okay. I've got another discovery....I can call certain land lines -
    >>Ones
    >>that are not on BT! I can call my mate on NTL, first time, no problems
    >>at all. Sounds a bit fishy to me...
    >>
    >>George
    >>

    > Now are you trying to say here what I have thought for quite a few
    > weeks now George and that is that in some way BT are trying to maybe
    > discredit Sipgate in some way . I do stand by what I have said over
    > the past 48 hrs regarding Sipgate but I do have the feeling that BT
    > could in some way be implicated in all the problems Sipgate have and
    > are having . I actually mentioned this to Ivor some weeks ago when I
    > was speaking to him .

    I think you could be right...BT calls are back now for no apparent
    reason, after being unable to make them for a few hours. I've had no
    problems at all with any cable or mobile network, yet BT numbers seem
    quite variable. I wonder, does any body actually use BT's own VOIP?
    Seems a bit expensive to me! Whats the point of it?

    George

    George, May 14, 2005
  6. George

    Ivor Jones Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:22:51 +0100, "George"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Any
    >> ideas anybody. Nothing has changed at my end at all.

    > Simple Sipgate are total rubbish I am convinced of this fact after
    > the events of the last three days .

    No problems at all this end at the moment.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 14, 2005
  7. George

    Roly Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:22:51 +0100, "George"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any
    >>> ideas anybody. Nothing has changed at my end at all.

    >> Simple Sipgate are total rubbish I am convinced of this fact after
    >> the events of the last three days .

    > No problems at all this end at the moment.
    >
    > Ivor

    Still broken on inbound calls here - with two different area codes. Its now
    5pm!.

    Incidentially what does the test number 10000 actually say - its always in
    German (I presume) every time I've tried it. Voicemail is in English though.
    I did start to wonder if perhaps there was some load balancing going
    resulting in SIP registrations being handled by one of their German servers.
    Are the voicemail and test numbers the same for German users? Does anyone
    have any insights into how their system is designed?

    Cheers

    Roly.

    Roly, May 14, 2005
  8. George

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Roly wrote:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:

    >>> Simple Sipgate are total rubbish I am convinced of this fact after
    >>> the events of the last three days .

    >> No problems at all this end at the moment.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > Still broken on inbound calls here - with two different area codes.
    > Its now 5pm!.
    >
    > Incidentially what does the test number 10000 actually say - its
    > always in German (I presume) every time I've tried it. Voicemail is
    > in English though. I did start to wonder if perhaps there was some
    > load balancing going resulting in SIP registrations being handled
    > by one of their German servers. Are the voicemail and test numbers
    > the same for German users? Does anyone have any insights into how
    > their system is designed?

    Interesting, I've never heard the 10000 test number in German. It merely
    says welcome to Sipgate, your phone is now correctly configured and you
    can call free to other users etc. but need credit to call PSTN numbers.

    50000 seems to alternate between German and English at random, I'm still
    trying to get a date out of them for finally fixing this.

    The voicemail is based on the Asterisk system I believe, although with
    custom voice prompts.

    Yes 10000 and 50000 are the same in Germany although the remote retrieval
    numbers are obviously different.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 14, 2005
  9. George

    Roly Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Interesting, I've never heard the 10000 test number in German. It merely
    > says welcome to Sipgate, your phone is now correctly configured and you
    > can call free to other users etc. but need credit to call PSTN numbers.
    >
    > 50000 seems to alternate between German and English at random, I'm still
    > trying to get a date out of them for finally fixing this.
    >
    > The voicemail is based on the Asterisk system I believe, although with
    > custom voice prompts.
    >
    > Yes 10000 and 50000 are the same in Germany although the remote retrieval
    > numbers are obviously different.
    >
    > Ivor

    Cheers for the info - I have now disconnected and allowed my equipment to
    re-register and it seems to be working fine now. Dialing 10000 still results
    in a non English message though.... All very strange!

    Roly.

    Roly, May 14, 2005
  10. George

    George Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:22:51 +0100, "George"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any
    >>> ideas anybody. Nothing has changed at my end at all.

    >> Simple Sipgate are total rubbish I am convinced of this fact after
    >> the events of the last three days .

    > No problems at all this end at the moment.
    >
    > Ivor

    Hi Ivor.
    I am fairly new to this group, and VOIP in general. Today, I have not
    been able to get through to land-lines (BT only) 9/10. If I keep
    re-dialling, then I will get through eventually. I know that my router
    settings are fine. I work for an ISP doing tech support, so all the
    correct ports etc are forwarded. I can always dial 10000 and 50000,
    although very occasionally, 50000 is in German (or similar language!) or
    starts in English and goes to German for a few seconds. All seems rather
    strange.... All was well for the past few days, then as of last night
    problems started, and I couldn't connect. This leads me to belive that
    there is some sort of network congestion or something similar. Please
    enlighten me if I am wrong!

    George, May 14, 2005