    there's no mention of it on their website!

    Thanks
    , Feb 15, 2009

  2. Graham. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I use Sipgate for my calls and I've got one of their routers connected
    > to my home phone sockets so I can use ordinary cordless phones.
    >
    > I've just noticed that I seem to have a call waiting facility - today
    > I got a bleep in my ear and the display said "call waiting" - can
    > anyone tell me how I gain access to the waiting call and switch
    > between them etc.
    >
    > I didn't know this facility was part of the Sipgate package and
    > there's no mention of it on their website!
    >
    > Thanks

    Press recall to switch between them but warn the caller he is being
    put on hold as he will hear silence (IYKWIM).
    Otherwise just hang up and the phone will ring with the other
    call.

    While you are in a call that you have made or received, you
    can press recall dial a number, and press recall again.
    Now you are in a 3 way conference.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Feb 15, 2009

  3. Tim Guest

    wrote:

    > I didn't know this facility was part of the Sipgate package and
    > there's no mention of it on their website!

    It isn't really a SIPgate feature. They don't restrict the number of calls.

    It is your router which is doing it.

    Tim
    Tim, Feb 15, 2009
  4. Guest

    Thanks for info - what if I don't have a recall button on my phones?
    , Feb 16, 2009
  5. Graham. Guest

    > Thanks for info - what if I don't have a recall button on my phones?

    With a simple wired phone you can usually tap the hookswitch once
    to issue the timed-break recall.
    To be honest I always do it that way even if I have the button.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Feb 16, 2009
  6. In article <gncmvu$l84$>, Graham. <> wrote:

    >> Thanks for info - what if I don't have a recall button on my phones?
    >>

    >With a simple wired phone you can usually tap the hookswitch once
    >to issue the timed-break recall.
    >To be honest I always do it that way even if I have the button.

    A lot of VoIP desk phones do it this way too.

    The real answer is to read the manual for the router/ATA that you have.

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Feb 16, 2009