    ideas/suggestions/solutions.

    Thanks

    Allan

    Allan, Nov 15, 2012

  2. Allan

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:13:37 +0000, Allan <>
    wrote:

    >I'm a new user to sipgate, and like the Call forwarding very much (a
    >neat feature) so that you can select to direct incoming calls into
    >voicemail or onto a telno you specify.
    >
    >I'd quite like to divert based in incoming CLID e.g. any incoming call
    >with a CLID of International goes into voicemail, and anything else gets
    >forwarded on to a selected number. It doesn't look like there's a way
    >to do this in sipgate's web interface (I've e-mailed them to ask), but I
    >thought I'd ask here in case anyone had any useful
    >ideas/suggestions/solutions.

    Sipgate's call forwarding feature is not very sophisticated. It can't
    even remember the last few numbers you forwarded your calls to.

    If you forward your call to a different number and then want to go
    back to a previously used number you have to enter the old number all
    over again.

    It would be nice if the drop-down box listed the most recently used
    numbers, and even nicer if they could do something like you are asking
    for.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Nov 18, 2012

  3. Allan

    Chris Davies Guest

    Allan <> wrote:
    > I'd quite like to divert based in incoming CLID e.g. any incoming call
    > with a CLID of International goes into voicemail, and anything else gets
    > forwarded on to a selected number.

    Might pbxes.org let you do this? (I've not really used it, so can't
    comment on the reality.)

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Nov 18, 2012
  4. Allan

    Allan Guest

    On 15/11/2012 17:13, Allan wrote:
    > I'm a new user to sipgate, and like the Call forwarding very much (a
    > neat feature) so that you can select to direct incoming calls into
    > voicemail or onto a telno you specify.
    >
    > I'd quite like to divert based in incoming CLID e.g. any incoming call
    > with a CLID of International goes into voicemail, and anything else gets
    > forwarded on to a selected number. It doesn't look like there's a way
    > to do this in sipgate's web interface (I've e-mailed them to ask), but I
    > thought I'd ask here in case anyone had any useful
    > ideas/suggestions/solutions.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Allan

    Actually, it's turned out better than I'd hoped. sipgate's online call
    logging is showing most of the incoming CLIDs, so I can see who is
    dialling in (and most of them are unwanted).

    I'd forgotten that an incoming CLID of "International" is probably a
    BT-ism, where BT won't pass the international CLID because it doesn't
    "trust" it (and just displays 'International'), but sipgate is showing
    all the numbers (including the international numbers) in the logs. It
    would therefore not be possible to route on a CLID of "international"
    because it doesn't exist in sipgate's world.

    Either way, I think I've pretty much got what I wanted: a receptacle to
    absorb all incoming calls to the landline of the old house's BT landline
    (that I ported in to sipgate), with a message saying
    1. we've moved
    2. leave a message if you haven't got our new telno and want it (which
    then e-mails me with the new message alert)
    3. if you're a cold calling scammer, pls don't ring back

    Things pretty much going well on that front at the mo (and porting the
    old house's BT telno into sipgate went smoothly, and is a much
    better/cheaper proposition than BT's Call Diversion alternatives).

    Allan

    Allan, Nov 21, 2012