    would email SIPgate, but they do not seem to be very good at answering
    tech support emails!

    Alan.
    Alan Foster, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Alan Foster wrote:

    > Does anyone know if Call Transfer can be done on the SIPgate network?
    > I would email SIPgate, but they do not seem to be very good at
    > answering tech support emails!
    >
    > Alan.

    tried it with the Grandstream 486 and it worked.
    bacillus cereus, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Alan Foster

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Alan Foster" <> wrote in message

    > Does anyone know if Call Transfer can be done on the SIPgate network? I
    > would email SIPgate, but they do not seem to be very good at answering
    > tech support emails!

    Can you give me some details on that please..? I'll pass the info on.

    Yes call transfer should work, I have never tried it myself though.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Alan Foster

    Alan Foster Guest

    On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 16:41:40 +0100, Ivor Jones <>
    wrote:

    > "Alan Foster" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if Call Transfer can be done on the SIPgate network?

    > Can you give me some details on that please..? I'll pass the info on.
    >
    > Yes call transfer should work, I have never tried it myself though.

    The BT-101/2 Manual says that to do an 'Attended Transfer' you need to use
    the 'Flash' button. The Quick Start Guide from SIPgate however states
    that the 'Flash' button "is not currently used".

    Although The BT-101/2 manual says 'Unattended Transfer' uses the
    'Transfer' button rather than 'Flash', It is not a practical alternative
    as I need to know that the call can be taken rather than the caller being
    sent to a dead end! Also, rather worryingly, The Quick Start Guide from
    SIPgate doesn't even mention the 'Transfer' button anyway!

    I did consider just experimenting with IP phone, landline and a mobile,
    but I thought it might be safer to ask first, rather than risk screwing
    something up!

    Alan.
    Alan Foster, Jul 3, 2005