    Sipgate have enabled MWI.

    From the website:

    >MWI: Message Waiting Indicator Now Beta Testing
    >
    >We have added the Message Waiting Indicator function found
    >on many SIP phones. You can normally activate the feature from
    >within your device. It indicates that you have voicemail waiting.

    It works fine on my AVM Fritz!Box, I haven't tried it on anything else
    yet.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 19, 2006

  2. Ivor Jones

    jasee Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Sipgate have enabled MWI.

    No binaries please

    jasee, May 19, 2006

  3. Ivor Jones

    Graham Guest

    Graham, May 19, 2006
  4. Ivor Jones

    Tim Morley Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Sipgate have enabled MWI.
    >
    > From the website:
    >
    >>MWI: Message Waiting Indicator Now Beta Testing
    >>
    >>We have added the Message Waiting Indicator function found
    >>on many SIP phones. You can normally activate the feature from
    >>within your device. It indicates that you have voicemail waiting.

    > It works fine on my AVM Fritz!Box, I haven't tried it on anything else
    > yet.
    >
    > Ivor

    What is MWI please?

    Tim Morley, May 19, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh Tim Morley:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Sipgate have enabled MWI.
    >>
    >> From the website:
    >>
    >>> MWI: Message Waiting Indicator Now Beta Testing
    >>>
    >>> We have added the Message Waiting Indicator function found
    >>> on many SIP phones. You can normally activate the feature from
    >>> within your device. It indicates that you have voicemail waiting.

    >> It works fine on my AVM Fritz!Box, I haven't tried it on anything
    >> else yet.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > What is MWI please?

    Message Waiting Indicator. Your connected phone should display the message
    waiting icon when voicemail has been left.

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 19, 2006
  6. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "jasee" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > Sipgate have enabled MWI.

    > No binaries please

    What binary..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 20, 2006
  7. Ivor Jones

    jasee Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "jasee" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >>> Sipgate have enabled MWI.

    >> No binaries please

    > What binary..?

    A small jpeg

    jasee, May 20, 2006
  8. Ivor Jones

    Tim Morley Guest

    > Thus spaketh Tim Morley:
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>> Sipgate have enabled MWI.
    >>>
    >>> From the website:

    >>> It works fine on my AVM Fritz!Box, I haven't tried it on anything
    >>> else yet.
    >>>
    >>> Ivor
    >>>

    >> What is MWI please?

    > Message Waiting Indicator. Your connected phone should display the
    > message waiting icon when voicemail has been left.
    >

    > --
    > Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    > 3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:
    > www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk

    Thanks, so this wouldn't be a feature I need if connecting through an ATA
    then?

    Tim Morley, May 20, 2006
  9. Ivor Jones

    David Floyd Guest

    Sipgate beta testing MWI [1/1]

    In message of Sat, 20 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

    >"jasee" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> > Sipgate have enabled MWI.

    >> No binaries please

    >What binary..?
    >
    >Ivor

    Added to the bottom of your original post in this thread

    David Floyd, May 20, 2006
  10. Ivor Jones

    alexd Guest

    Graham wrote:

    >> No binaries please

    > There is no attachment (if that's what you mean by binaries)
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=898124

    I don't understand. That KB article seems to refer to an Outlook client
    incorrectly thinking it sees an attachment when there is none, yet I saw
    what looks like an attachment and I'm using KNode.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

    alexd, May 20, 2006
  11. Ivor Jones

    alexd Guest

    Tim Morley wrote:

    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> Message Waiting Indicator. Your connected phone should display the
    >> message waiting icon when voicemail has been left.

    > Thanks, so this wouldn't be a feature I need if connecting through an ATA
    > then?

    No idea if you need it or not. Some ATAs support MWI with a stuttered
    dialtone, a la 1571.

    alexd, May 20, 2006
  12. Ivor Jones

    Paul Cupis Guest

    alexd wrote:
    > Graham wrote:
    >
    >>> No binaries please

    >> There is no attachment (if that's what you mean by binaries)
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=898124

    > I don't understand. That KB article seems to refer to an Outlook client
    > incorrectly thinking it sees an attachment when there is none, yet I saw
    > what looks like an attachment and I'm using KNode.

    Mozilla Thunderbird also "saw" an attachment to Ivors email, interpreting:

    >> begin 666 trans.gif
    >> K1TE&.#EA`0`!`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
    >> `
    >> end

    (indented to prevent re-interpretation)

    Paul Cupis, May 20, 2006
  13. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Re: Sipgate beta testing MWI [1/1]

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > > In message of Sat, 20 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes
    > > >

    > > > "jasee" <> wrote in message

    > > > What binary..?

    > > Added to the bottom of your original post in this thread

    Haven't a clue what anyone's on about, I never added anything to my post,
    at least not knowingly.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 20, 2006
  14. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    > alexd wrote:

    > > > There is no attachment (if that's what you mean by
    > > > binaries) http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=898124

    > > I don't understand. That KB article seems to refer to
    > > an Outlook client incorrectly thinking it sees an
    > > attachment when there is none, yet I saw what looks
    > > like an attachment and I'm using KNode.

    > Mozilla Thunderbird also "saw" an attachment to Ivors
    > email, interpreting:
    >
    > > > begin 666 trans.gif
    > > > K1TE&.#EA`0`!`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+
    > > > `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` `
    > > > end

    > (indented to prevent re-interpretation)

    Well that's weird because I most definitely didn't attach anything and I
    can't see anything here.

    Please can we stop before the argument over what I did or didn't post
    outstrips the original thread, please..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 20, 2006
  15. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > Tim Morley wrote:
    >
    > > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > > <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

    > > > Message Waiting Indicator. Your connected phone
    > > > should display the message waiting icon when
    > > > voicemail has been left.

    > > Thanks, so this wouldn't be a feature I need if
    > > connecting through an ATA then?

    > No idea if you need it or not. Some ATAs support MWI with
    > a stuttered dialtone, a la 1571.

    The Fritz!Box Fon flashes an LED on the front panel. I believe the Sipura
    can be made to give a stuttered tone or possibly ring the phone for a
    short period every so often.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 20, 2006
  16. Ivor Jones

    DGB Guest

    In news:,
    Ivor Jones <> typed:

    > The Fritz!Box Fon flashes an LED on the front panel. I believe the
    > Sipura can be made to give a stuttered tone or possibly ring the
    > phone for a short period every so often.
    >
    > Ivor

    I've now successfully set up my Grandstream HandyTone 486 ATA which flashes
    a green light and stutters the dial tone for the first two seconds as a MWI.
    --
    Don

    DGB, May 20, 2006
  17. Ivor Jones

    Graham Guest

    > I don't understand. That KB article seems to refer to an Outlook client
    > incorrectly thinking it sees an attachment when there is none, yet I saw
    > what looks like an attachment and I'm using KNode.

    OK you are right.

    This one has the KB898124 thing and it is the only way I know

    of suppressing the Italian footer that

    x-privat appends to my posts (for OE users only)

    I wonder if Individual added the graphic line to Ivor's

    (Look at the source code Ivor)

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    begin 123

    Graham, May 20, 2006
  18. Ivor Jones

    Graham Guest

    bugger, it worked in uk.test

    Think I'll take Ivor's advice and stick to VoIP

    (one last try though)

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    begin 123

    Graham, May 20, 2006
  19. Ivor Jones

    Chris Blunt Guest

    Re: Sipgate beta testing MWI [1/1]

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 12:12:43 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> > In message of Sat, 20 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

    >> > Added to the bottom of your original post in this thread

    >Haven't a clue what anyone's on about, I never added anything to my post,
    >at least not knowingly.
    >
    >Ivor

    I also saw that attachment on your original post. It was a 65 byte
    file called trans.gif. If you say it wasn't intentional, I'm sure it
    wasn't, but the fact that it was definitely there may suggest some
    kind of virus on your system.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, May 20, 2006
  20. Ivor Jones

    jasee Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >>> In message of Sat, 20 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

    >>> Added to the bottom of your original post in this thread

    > Haven't a clue what anyone's on about, I never added anything to my
    > post, at least not knowingly.

    There was a problem with Outlook Express and ISTR Outlook incorrectly
    interpreting a signature as an attachment, which some boring people in some
    newsgroups thought was a good way of thumbing their noses at Outlook users,
    however it's been fixed for some time. I enclose the contents of the op's
    mail:
    (less the header)

    Sipgate have enabled MWI.

    jasee, May 20, 2006