    the free one.

    Thanks.

    OM
    OM, Sep 21, 2005

  2. OM

    Guest

    On 21 Sep 2005 15:36:51 -0700, "OM" <> wrote:

    >Is there any different between Sipgate and Voipfone?

    Cheese and chalk mate Sipgate being the CHALK .
    , Sep 21, 2005

  3. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 21 Sep 2005 15:36:51 -0700, "OM"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Is there any different between Sipgate and Voipfone?

    > Cheese and chalk mate Sipgate being the CHALK .

    Chalk has its uses..! You can't write on a blackboard with a lump of
    Edam..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 21, 2005
  4. OM

    OM Guest

    > Cheese and chalk mate Sipgate being the CHALK .
    i eat both. : )
    so... can you tell me what the difference is?
    OM, Sep 22, 2005
  5. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "OM" <> wrote in message
    > > Cheese and chalk mate Sipgate being the CHALK .

    > i eat both. : )
    > so... can you tell me what the difference is?

    Dexter has an issue with Sipgate in that he was unhappy with their
    service. He is no longer a customer so IMHO is no longer qualified to
    comment.

    Sipgate is perfectly ok for most people, however Dexter and one or two
    others will tell you I promote them due to a personal interest. While I do
    have a *personal* interest in how the company performs, I am not in any
    way financially connected to them, nor am I employed by them. I recommend
    them because I am happy with their service. Dexter isn't so he will try
    and tell you otherwise.

    I strongly urge you to listen to *nobody*, not even me when it comes to
    how the service performs *for you*, which after all is the bottom line,
    and make up your own mind.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 22, 2005
  6. OM

    Julius Guest

    Sipgate is fine for me.

    It is FREE to try it out, so why not give it a whirl for inbound calls
    first.

    If you like the quality for inbound, then try it for outbound calls
    (obviously you pay for those)
    Julius, Sep 22, 2005
  7. OM

    Guest

    On 21 Sep 2005 16:01:39 -0700, "OM" <> wrote:

    >> Cheese and chalk mate Sipgate being the CHALK .

    >i eat both. : )
    >so... can you tell me what the difference is?

    Voipfone is good you can contact them by phone and they provide a
    number for this ,Voipfone's voicemail does work 100% and speaks in
    English and Voipfone provides an excellent call back service for
    mobile phones amungst many other services. Sipgate on the other hand
    you just cannot contact by phone they do not like to speak with
    customers the voicemail service ( if you can call it a service )
    speaks in German half the time and is still in beta after god knows
    how many months .Staff bugger of on a Friday afternoon for boozy
    weekends at times and leave the ship to steer itself .
    Voipfone is a good choice you have made but Sipgate !! well you
    weren't to know where you .
    , Sep 22, 2005
  8. OM

    Guest

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:13:51 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Dexter has an issue with Sipgate in that he was unhappy with their
    >service. He is no longer a customer so IMHO is no longer qualified to
    >comment.

    I am very qualified Ivor and am speaking from experience with this
    poor excuse for a voip provider Ivor and have called a spade a spade
    all my life and I am not going to stop now for you or no one else .
    >Sipgate is perfectly ok for most people, however Dexter and one or two
    >others will tell you I promote them due to a personal interest. While I do
    >have a *personal* interest in how the company performs,

    Rubbish Ivor and you damn well know it you are either employed by
    Sipgate or have a financial interest in them and has people have said
    the truth will out one day Sipgate Sipgate Sipgate is all you ever
    speak about in this group any other voip provider is rubbish in your
    mind .
    , Sep 22, 2005
  9. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Rubbish Ivor and you damn well know it you are either
    > employed by Sipgate

    Not true.

    > or have a financial interest in them

    Not true.

    *Prove* your allegations or retract them.

    Now.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 22, 2005
  10. OM

    themgt Guest

    OM laid out a heapin' helpin' of troll bait:

    > Is there any different between Sipgate and Voipfone?

    I suggest trying both and seeing what works best for you.
    I've had no problems with Sipgate after I got my Asterisk config and
    firewall rules ironed out. I found it useful to be able to experiment
    with my setup and get everything straight before buying any credit.
    Haven't tried Voipfone.
    themgt, Sep 22, 2005
  11. OM

    Tom Guest

    I believe Voipfone have many more features than Sipgate, and they appear to
    be more reliable. I started with Sipgate and when it stopped working, I
    moved to Voipfone.

    The rates also on Voipfone look cheaper.

    Tom, Sep 22, 2005
  12. OM

    Al Guest

    On 21 Sep 2005 16:01:39 -0700, OM wrote:

    >so... can you tell me what the difference is?

    The difference is that two layabouts around here calling themselves
    Dexter and Kaniuk spend all their waking hours slagging off Sipgate.
    The rest of us use Sipgate quite happily.

    Sipgate gives you a free geographic number which can be used for
    incoming calls, Voipfone doesn't.
    Al, Sep 22, 2005
  13. OM wrote:
    > Is there any different between Sipgate and Voipfone?
    > What I want: a geographic number and the ability to transfer calls.
    > Voipfone has a lot of other features... but for now I'd like to go for
    > the free one.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > OM

    personally i don't think there is any comparison here Voipfone are far
    superior they have loads of features and they all work they seem to add
    new features almost weekly and they listen to what their customers want
    i have no hesitation in recommending them

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Sep 22, 2005
  14. Thus spaketh OM:
    > Is there any different between Sipgate and Voipfone?
    > What I want: a geographic number and the ability to transfer calls.
    > Voipfone has a lot of other features... but for now I'd like to go for
    > the free one.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > OM

    Give Sipgate a try, I've not had any big problems with them, only 1 or 2 minor
    outages.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 22, 2005
  15. On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:42:17 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >*Prove* your allegations or retract them.

    Early each day to the steps of Saint Paul's
    The little old bird woman comes.
    In her own special way to the people she calls,
    "Come, buy my bags full of crumbs.
    Come feed the little trolls, show them you care
    And you'll be glad if you do.
    Their young ones are hungry,
    Their nests are so bare;
    All it takes is tuppence from you."
    Feed the trolls, tuppence a bag,
    Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.
    "Feed the trolls," that's what she cries,
    While overhead, her trolls fill the skies.
    All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
    Look down as she sells her wares.
    Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
    Each time someone shows that he cares.
    Though her words are simple and few,
    Listen, listen, she's calling to you:
    "Feed the trolls, tuppence a bag,
    Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag."

    With apologies to Julie Andrews

    Phil

    No more cable clowns :))
    Phil Thompson, Sep 22, 2005
  16. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    > I believe Voipfone have many more features than Sipgate,
    > and they appear to be more reliable. I started with
    > Sipgate and when it stopped working, I moved to Voipfone.
    >
    > The rates also on Voipfone look cheaper.

    They charge £1.99 a month for a geographic number though, and I still
    can't make head nor tail of their website..! I don't make all that many
    chargeable calls on Sipgate, most of the people I call are either also on
    it or another network that has peering, so the PSTN rates are less
    important to me than some.

    BTW Sipgate is working fine at the moment.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 22, 2005
  17. OM

    Guest

    On 22 Sep 2005 01:22:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    <> wrote:

    >OM wrote:
    >> Is there any different between Sipgate and Voipfone?
    >> What I want: a geographic number and the ability to transfer calls.
    >> Voipfone has a lot of other features... but for now I'd like to go for
    >> the free one.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >> OM

    >personally i don't think there is any comparison here Voipfone are far
    >superior they have loads of features and they all work they seem to add
    >new features almost weekly and they listen to what their customers want
    >i have no hesitation in recommending them
    >
    >Mat

    God bless you Mat a voice of sensibility amongst the sipgate rabble .
    , Sep 22, 2005
  18. OM

    Guest

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:40:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >They charge £1.99 a month for a geographic number though, and I still
    >can't make head nor tail of their website..!

    It is far to superior to the Sipgate site and well above the likes of
    you .
    >BTW Sipgate is working fine at the moment.

    Of course it is Ivor it is always working for you always has been
    it is your special association with sipgate that does the trick .
    , Sep 22, 2005
  19. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:40:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > They charge £1.99 a month for a geographic number
    > > though, and I still can't make head nor tail of their
    > > website..!

    > It is far to superior to the Sipgate site and well above
    > the likes of you .

    If you say so.

    > > BTW Sipgate is working fine at the moment.

    > Of course it is Ivor it is always working for you always
    > has been
    > it is your special association with sipgate that does the
    > trick .

    Which is why it wasn't working for me on Sunday also, eh..?

    BTW I am still waiting for you to retract your allegations, either that or
    come up with some *proof* not just hot air. In case you hadn't noticed,
    people aren't listening to you any more:

    Ivor Jones, Sep 22, 2005
  20. OM

    Ian Guest

    "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:42:17 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >*Prove* your allegations or retract them.

    > Early each day to the steps of Saint Paul's
    > The little old bird woman comes.
    > In her own special way to the people she calls,
    > "Come, buy my bags full of crumbs.
    > Come feed the little trolls, show them you care
    > And you'll be glad if you do.
    > Their young ones are hungry,
    > Their nests are so bare;
    > All it takes is tuppence from you."
    > Feed the trolls, tuppence a bag,
    > Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.
    > "Feed the trolls," that's what she cries,
    > While overhead, her trolls fill the skies.
    > All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
    > Look down as she sells her wares.
    > Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
    > Each time someone shows that he cares.
    > Though her words are simple and few,
    > Listen, listen, she's calling to you:
    > "Feed the trolls, tuppence a bag,