    users send **473 followed by the Sip Broker code for other VSP networks.
    Thanks
    Robin

    Robin Harvey, May 31, 2006

  2. Robin Harvey

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Robin Harvey" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:
    > Does anyone know if Sipgate allows access to SIP Broker?
    > For example, Voiptalk users send **473 followed by the
    > Sip Broker code for other VSP networks. Thanks
    > Robin

    Try it..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 31, 2006

  3. Robin Harvey

    Oldie Guest

    On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:55:24 GMT, Robin Harvey <>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if Sipgate allows access to SIP Broker? For example, Voiptalk
    >users send **473 followed by the Sip Broker code for other VSP networks.
    >Thanks
    >Robin

    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "access to" but I certainly use
    Sipgate together with Sipbroker. My ATA is registered with Voxalot (a
    Sipbroker sister company). My Voxalot account in turn is registered
    with Sipgate, as well with as other VSPs (including Voiptalk for
    instance).

    The result is that:

    1. I can call any VSP that is registered with Sipbroker by using their
    *xxx code (and that's pretty well any VSP that you can think of).

    2. I can select any of my registered VSPs to make an outgoing call
    (and I can create a dialplan so that certain destinations are routed
    through particular VSPs).

    3. Calls coming in to any of my registered VSPs ring my (single-line)
    phone.

    So, for example I can call SIP-SIP between Voipfone and Sipgate even
    though neither of them show bilateral peering on their websites. It
    all works a treat!

    Hope this helps

    Oldie

    Oldie, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Robin Harvey

    Robin Harvey Guest

    On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:58:13 +0100, Oldie <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:55:24 GMT, Robin Harvey <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know if Sipgate allows access to SIP Broker? For example, Voiptalk
    >>users send **473 followed by the Sip Broker code for other VSP networks.
    >>Thanks
    >>Robin

    >I'm not quite sure what you mean by "access to" but I certainly use
    >Sipgate together with Sipbroker. My ATA is registered with Voxalot (a
    >Sipbroker sister company). My Voxalot account in turn is registered
    >with Sipgate, as well with as other VSPs (including Voiptalk for
    >instance).
    >
    >The result is that:
    >
    >1. I can call any VSP that is registered with Sipbroker by using their
    >*xxx code (and that's pretty well any VSP that you can think of).
    >
    >2. I can select any of my registered VSPs to make an outgoing call
    >(and I can create a dialplan so that certain destinations are routed
    >through particular VSPs).
    >
    >3. Calls coming in to any of my registered VSPs ring my (single-line)
    >phone.
    >
    >So, for example I can call SIP-SIP between Voipfone and Sipgate even
    >though neither of them show bilateral peering on their websites. It
    >all works a treat!
    >
    >Hope this helps
    >
    >Oldie

    Thank you for your most helpful reply. I'm using a Grandstream GXP-2000 and will
    try out your reply on it.
    Robin Harvey
    E-mail:

    Web site: www.harjin.co.uk
    www.robinharvey.co.uk

    Robin Harvey, Jun 1, 2006
  5. Robin Harvey

    PhilT Guest

    Robin Harvey wrote:
    > Does anyone know if Sipgate allows access to SIP Broker? For example, Voiptalk
    > users send **473 followed by the Sip Broker code for other VSP networks.

    "in the know" VoIPtalk users have a dial plan that routes the * code
    direct to sipbroker without having to prefix it **473

    the sipbroker.com website provide details of the dial plan fragment
    required, its quite elegant really and is VSP independent as it
    basically diverts the call setup to sipbroker instead of your VSP.

    Phil

    PhilT, Jun 1, 2006
  6. Robin Harvey

    Robin Harvey Guest

    Thank you Phil

    Robin Harvey, Jun 2, 2006
  7. Robin Harvey

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 07:39:53 GMT, Robin Harvey <>
    wrote:

    >On 1 Jun 2006 12:28:20 -0700, "PhilT" <> wrote:
    >Thank you Phil
    >
    >>Robin Harvey wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know if Sipgate allows access to SIP Broker? For example, Voiptalk
    >>> users send **473 followed by the Sip Broker code for other VSP networks.

    Access has nothing to do with your own VSP. When you make a connection
    it goes to Sipbroker - not, for example, to Sipgate and then
    Sipbroker. Your VSP has no say in it - if you want ot connect to
    Sipbroker you can.
    If you have a Sipura/Linksys ATA just include something like
    *xx.<:mad:sipbroker.com>
    as an element in your dial plan.
    That way, any number which starts with a ' * ', followed by your
    number will automatically be routed to Sipbroker - nothing to do with
    Sipgate or any other VSP.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jun 2, 2006