    answered the phone or the voicemail kicks in?
    Thanks
    Roger.

    Roger, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Roger wrote:
    > Anyone know why for the past few weeks I never get a ringing tone when I
    > call a UK number - the first thing I know is when the person I've called has
    > answered the phone or the voicemail kicks in?
    > Thanks
    > Roger.

    It could be that you are using a codec in your phone that their server
    dont support or could it just be another problem to add the the long
    list of existing sipgate problems

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Roger

    sean Guest

    Roger wrote:
    > Anyone know why for the past few weeks I never get a ringing tone when I
    > call a UK number - the first thing I know is when the person I've called has
    > answered the phone or the voicemail kicks in?
    > Thanks
    > Roger.

    Probably a codec problem

    sean, Aug 18, 2005
  4. Roger

    Roger Guest

    "sean" <> wrote in message
    > Roger wrote:
    >> Anyone know why for the past few weeks I never get a ringing tone when I
    >> call a UK number - the first thing I know is when the person I've called
    >> has answered the phone or the voicemail kicks in?
    >> Thanks
    >> Roger.

    > Probably a codec problem

    I wouldnt have thought so as I have a sipura with "use preferred codec" set
    to "no"

    Roger, Aug 18, 2005
  5. Roger

    sean Guest

    Roger wrote:
    > "sean" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Roger wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone know why for the past few weeks I never get a ringing tone when I
    >>>call a UK number - the first thing I know is when the person I've called
    >>>has answered the phone or the voicemail kicks in?
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Roger.

    >>Probably a codec problem

    > I wouldnt have thought so as I have a sipura with "use preferred codec" set
    > to "no"

    I have had problems with codecs, try seting to G711u and turn off Use
    Pref Codec Only, then make a test call

    sean, Aug 18, 2005
  6. Roger

    Roger Guest

    "sean" <> wrote in message
    > Roger wrote:
    >> "sean" <> wrote in message

    >>>Probably a codec problem

    >> I wouldnt have thought so as I have a sipura with "use preferred codec"
    >> set to "no"

    > I have had problems with codecs, try seting to G711u and turn off Use Pref
    > Codec Only, then make a test call

    this is how its set

    Roger, Aug 18, 2005
  7. Roger

    sean Guest

    >>>I wouldnt have thought so as I have a sipura with "use preferred codec"
    >>>set to "no"

    >>I have had problems with codecs, try seting to G711u and turn off Use Pref
    >>Codec Only, then make a test call

    > this is how its set

    oops, i meant turn Use Pref Codec Only on

    sean, Aug 18, 2005
  8. Roger

    AD C Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > It could be that you are using a codec in your phone that their server
    > dont support or could it just be another problem to add the the long
    > list of existing sipgate problems

    So more VOIP problems? Oh dear, it is not going to appeal to the
    majority of the people if they get problems like this.

    How many joe public know anoything about codecs?

    AD C, Aug 19, 2005