    that was more than 10 days ago!

    Anyone else have this problem and, better still, a solution?

    Stephen
    Stephen Peterson, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Stephen Peterson

    John Smith Guest

    What router/modem do you have in front ?
    John Smith, Sep 13, 2005

  3. Stephen Peterson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Stephen Peterson" <> wrote in
    message news:dg5rfc$2og$1$
    > Nice little set-up but the two phone ports keep dropping
    > off for about 20 seconds every few minutes. The green
    > lights flash orange when this happens.
    > Sipgate customer service says wait for a firmware upgrade
    > in 10 days. But that was more than 10 days ago!
    >
    > Anyone else have this problem and, better still, a
    > solution?
    > Stephen

    I'm told by a friend who has one that this is the thing registering itself
    repeatedly. Not sure if there's much you can do, but he tells me that the
    phones work even though the lights flash.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Stephen Peterson

    Guest

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:26:49 +0100, "Stephen Peterson"
    <> wrote:

    >Sipgate customer service says wait for a firmware upgrade in 10 days. But
    >that was more than 10 days ago!

    You should have subscribed to a provider who's supplied equipment
    works shouldn't you Stephen , how many more times must I say Sipgate
    are crap !! .
    , Sep 13, 2005
  5. Stephen Peterson

    StudMuffin Guest

    <> wrote in message

    i agree sipgate have a lot to learn, still eyevor will be along shortly to
    back them to the hilt no doubt.
    StudMuffin, Sep 13, 2005
  6. Stephen Peterson

    Nick Guest

    > Nice little set-up but the two phone ports keep dropping off for about 20
    > seconds every few minutes. The green lights flash orange when this

    happens.

    > Sipgate customer service says wait for a firmware upgrade in 10 days. But
    > that was more than 10 days ago!
    >
    > Anyone else have this problem and, better still, a solution?
    >
    > Stephen

    I can confirm this is "normal" as my unit does exactly as described.
    One point from a reply on the NG about the phones still working
    when the LED's flash. This is only true for incoming calls, outgoing
    is U/S until a steady green LED shows.
    Nick, Sep 13, 2005
  7. "Nick" <> wrote in message

    > "Stephen Peterson" <> wrote in message
    >> Nice little set-up but the two phone ports keep dropping off for about 20
    >> seconds every few minutes. The green lights flash orange when this

    > happens.
    >>
    >> Sipgate customer service says wait for a firmware upgrade in 10 days. But
    >> that was more than 10 days ago!
    >>
    >> Anyone else have this problem and, better still, a solution?
    >>
    >> Stephen
    >>

    > I can confirm this is "normal" as my unit does exactly as described.
    > One point from a reply on the NG about the phones still working
    > when the LED's flash. This is only true for incoming calls, outgoing
    > is U/S until a steady green LED shows.

    Thank you Nick - this is a very helpful reply. I guess we should be prepared
    to suffer a few hiccups with such a new technology but I do hope they find a
    fix for this one soon. It will tarnish Netgear's reputation if they're not
    careful.

    Everything else about the Sipgate service has been superb - the voicemail
    emailed as an mp3 attachment is a particularly wonderful innovation although
    I find the business model of offering free numbers, free voicemail with no
    requirement to pay for any outbound traffic curious. Must be a loss-leader
    to gain subscribers.

    Stephen
    Stephen Peterson, Sep 13, 2005
  8. "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    > What router/modem do you have in front ?

    Netgear 834 with ports forwarded etc.

    Stephen Peterson, Sep 13, 2005
  9. Stephen Peterson

    themgt Guest

    Stephen Peterson wrote:

    > I find the business model of offering free numbers, free voicemail with no
    > requirement to pay for any outbound traffic curious. Must be a loss-leader
    > to gain subscribers.

    Outbound calls aren't free. See http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/tarife.php

    The UK fixed line tariff is 1.19p/min
    themgt, Sep 14, 2005
  10. Stephen Peterson

    John Smith Guest

    with the DG834G I find port forwarding sometimes wont work with this
    device - you must place it in the DMZ instead and delete all forwarding
    rules.

    John Smith, Sep 14, 2005
  11. Stephen Peterson

    Guest

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 02:00:36 GMT, themgt <>
    wrote:

    >Stephen Peterson wrote:
    >
    >> I find the business model of offering free numbers, free voicemail with no
    >> requirement to pay for any outbound traffic curious. Must be a loss-leader
    >> to gain subscribers.

    >Outbound calls aren't free. See http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/tarife.php
    >
    >The UK fixed line tariff is 1.19p/min

    And that is why they are not the good deal Ivor says they are
    considering the substandard service they provide .
    , Sep 14, 2005
  12. "themgt" <> wrote in message
    > Stephen Peterson wrote:
    >
    >> I find the business model of offering free numbers, free voicemail with
    >> no
    >> requirement to pay for any outbound traffic curious. Must be a
    >> loss-leader
    >> to gain subscribers.

    > Outbound calls aren't free. See http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/tarife.php
    >
    > The UK fixed line tariff is 1.19p/min

    I meant you don't have to pay anything unless you make outgoing calls.

    Stephen
    Stephen Peterson, Sep 15, 2005