  1. meggahurtz

    meggahurtz Guest

    Just wondering if Sipgate is ok with a Fax Machine?
    meggahurtz, Oct 25, 2006

  2. meggahurtz

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "meggahurtz" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Just wondering if Sipgate is ok with a Fax Machine?

    It's not officially supported (they don't have T.38) but I've successfully
    sent and received faxes using G711a. Ensure that codec is manually
    selected and you should be ok (but no guarantees and it's not my fault if
    it doesn't work, ok..?!)

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 25, 2006

  3. meggahurtz

    meggahurtz Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > It's not officially supported (they don't have T.38) but I've successfully
    > sent and received faxes using G711a. Ensure that codec is manually
    > selected and you should be ok (but no guarantees and it's not my fault if
    > it doesn't work, ok..?!)

    Ok cheers, I have a mate who`s using 2 lines on a PAP2, I set the fax one to
    G711u so that needs setting to G711a :0)
    meggahurtz, Oct 25, 2006
  4. meggahurtz

    Paul Guest

    meggahurtz wrote:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> It's not officially supported (they don't have T.38) but I've successfully
    >> sent and received faxes using G711a. Ensure that codec is manually
    >> selected and you should be ok (but no guarantees and it's not my fault if
    >> it doesn't work, ok..?!)

    > Ok cheers, I have a mate who`s using 2 lines on a PAP2, I set the fax one to
    > G711u so that needs setting to G711a :0)

    There's a few other settings that can help as well:

    http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/ip_faxing_sipura_linksys.pdf

    It's never going to be totally reliable using a voice codec because of
    the timing requirements fax needs and TDM networks offer that IP
    networks can't.

    cheers,
    Paul.
    Paul, Oct 25, 2006