    call it from my Virgin mobile, it says that the number dialed is incorrect !

    Is anyone having the same problem ? Do you know how to get round it ?

    Thank you

    Guest, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jono Guest

    wrote:
    || Hi,
    || I have a strange problem with my sipgate Geographical number (01252
    || xxx xxx).
    || The number can be called from landlines and works fine. But when I
    || try to call it from my Virgin mobile, it says that the number dialed
    || is incorrect !
    || Is anyone having the same problem ? Do you know how to get round it ?
    || Thank you

    I've had the same issue with Orange=>Sipgate.

    Orange blamed Sipgate at first, then blamed BT. Then accepted it might be
    their problem. When they fixed it they said it was actually a fault with NTL
    (who carry their traffic off-net)

    You need to report the fault to all parties involved & hope you get a
    resolution quickly. It could come back without you reporting it.

    Has it just started happening?

    Jono, Oct 13, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > I've had the same issue with Orange=>Sipgate.
    >
    > Orange blamed Sipgate at first, then blamed BT. Then accepted it might be
    > their problem. When they fixed it they said it was actually a fault with
    > NTL (who carry their traffic off-net)
    >
    > You need to report the fault to all parties involved & hope you get a
    > resolution quickly. It could come back without you reporting it.
    >
    > Has it just started happening?

    I discovered Voip 3 days ago so I am a new user.
    I use NTL as well so it might be the same problem. Who did you contact at
    NTL to get it fixed ?
    Thank you.

    Guest, Oct 13, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    It works with my wifes phone (O2 network) .... must be Virgin network then

    Guest, Oct 13, 2005
  5. wrote:
    > It works with my wifes phone (O2 network) .... must be Virgin network then

    Tried here with Vodaphone, Orange and O2 worked no problem with all of them.

    --
    Robert Maskill - G4PYR - Peterborough Cambridgeshire
    " People who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it"

    Robert Maskill, Oct 13, 2005
  6. Guest

    Jono Guest

    wrote:

    || I discovered Voip 3 days ago so I am a new user.
    || I use NTL as well so it might be the same problem. Who did you
    || contact at NTL to get it fixed ?
    || Thank you.

    I didn't contact NTL. I persisted with Orange & it was them that tracked it
    to NTL.

    You need to start off with Virgin customer services (do they piggyback on
    T-mobile?) Don't tell them it's a VOIP number you're having problems with,
    otherwise Sipgate will get the blame, when it's likely to be that T-mobile
    haven't included the number range in their systems.

    That said, report it to Sipgate as well.

    Make sure you tell both that it works fine from NTL, O2. Try other networks
    if you can. Pop to a phone box to test BT if you haven't got access to one
    of their lines.

    Just to satisfy your own curiousity, open a second Sipgate account with a
    different STD, say 020 XXXXXXXX. I bet that will work.

    Welcome to VOIP

    Jono, Oct 13, 2005
  7. Guest

    Jono Guest

    Robert Maskill wrote:
    || wrote:
    ||| It works with my wifes phone (O2 network) .... must be Virgin
    ||| network then
    || Tried here with Vodaphone, Orange and O2 worked no problem with all
    || of them.

    Tried what? The OP's Sipgate number or your own?

    Jono, Oct 13, 2005
  8. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > It works with my wifes phone (O2 network) .... must be
    > Virgin network then

    Could be something between them and NTL. Worth asking them anyway.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 13, 2005
  9. Guest

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    > > It works with my wifes phone (O2 network) .... must be
    > > Virgin network then

    > Could be something between them and NTL. Worth asking
    > them anyway.
    > Ivor

    Forgot to say, my own Sipgate numbers work fine from Virgin, so maybe they
    just haven't activated the range you're using. Shout at them..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 13, 2005
  10. Jono wrote:
    > Robert Maskill wrote:
    > || Tried here with Vodaphone, Orange and O2 worked no problem with all
    > || of them.
    >
    > Tried what? The OP's Sipgate number or your own?

    My own.

    Robert Maskill, Oct 13, 2005