    go into a field above. And it doesn't seem to accept my sipgate password.

    Not the most well worded screen !!!!!!

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Paul Ockenden

    Jono Guest

    "Paul Ockenden" <> wrote in message
    news:5NSUe.1926$...

    > Am I being totally think? (Probably). On the Add Finds / Credit Card
    > screen, what's the "security code" field? It's not the CVC digits, as they
    > go into a field above. And it doesn't seem to accept my sipgate password.
    >
    > Not the most well worded screen !!!!!!
    >
    > P.

    Don't you have to dial a number from your Sipgate phone & listen to the
    security number over the phone? Then type it in? I could, of course, be
    wrong.
    Jono, Sep 11, 2005

  3. Paul Ockenden

    Joe Harrison Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > "Paul Ockenden" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Am I being totally think? (Probably). On the Add Finds / Credit Card
    > > screen, what's the "security code" field? It's not the CVC digits, as

    they
    > > go into a field above. And it doesn't seem to accept my sipgate

    password.

    Maybe it's me that's being thick but what do you mean exactly? I just topped
    up my account so made a note of the procedure for what I did. First I
    followed the "Credit your account" link (which takes you to
    https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user/kontoaufladen.php )

    This has got "Creditcard owner" (my name), "Creditcard number" and
    "Creditcard CVC" fields as you would expect. Underneath I set the
    "Expiration date" option selectors and the "Once-only payment" radio button
    and voila. Click "Next" and payment gets made.

    Joe
    Joe Harrison, Sep 11, 2005
  4. Jono wrote:
    > "Paul Ockenden" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Am I being totally think? (Probably). On the Add Finds / Credit Card
    >>screen, what's the "security code" field? It's not the CVC digits, as they
    >>go into a field above. And it doesn't seem to accept my sipgate password.
    >>
    >>Not the most well worded screen !!!!!!
    >>
    >>P.
    >>

    > Don't you have to dial a number from your Sipgate phone & listen to the
    > security number over the phone? Then type it in? I could, of course, be
    > wrong.

    Yeah, you need to dial 10200 the first time you top up to get this code.
    This is noted on the page you use to top up.
    Thomas Rankin, Sep 11, 2005
  5. Paul Ockenden

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Ockenden" <>
    wrote in message
    > Am I being totally think? (Probably). On the Add Finds /
    > Credit Card screen, what's the "security code" field?
    > It's not the CVC digits, as they go into a field above.
    > And it doesn't seem to accept my sipgate password.
    > Not the most well worded screen !!!!!!
    >
    > P.

    It's the number that you get when you dial 10200. You only need to do it
    the first time you credit the account. I haven't looked at that screen for
    a while but I seem to remember it does mention it there somewhere..?

    Dial 10200 from the number you want to add credit to and listen, you will
    be given a 4 digit number.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 11, 2005
  6. > It's the number that you get when you dial 10200. You only need to do it
    > the first time you credit the account. I haven't looked at that screen for
    > a while but I seem to remember it does mention it there somewhere..?

    It's certainly not on the 'account charge' screen.

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 11, 2005
  7. Paul Ockenden

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Ockenden" <>
    wrote in message
    > > It's the number that you get when you dial 10200. You
    > > only need to do it the first time you credit the
    > > account. I haven't looked at that screen for a while
    > > but I seem to remember it does mention it there
    > > somewhere..?

    > It's certainly not on the 'account charge' screen.
    >
    > P.

    I've just checked and it's on the screen that comes up when you select
    "Credit Card" as a means of payment. Orange text on the right of the
    screen:

    > Warning!

    > The checking of your credit card and information can
    > take up to 30 Seconds to process.

    > Please do not interrupt this process under any circumstances
    > or your account cannot be credited.

    > Before you can credit your account for the first time you'll
    > have to call the sipgate number 10200 from your sipgate
    > account and enter the provided security code.
    > Please click only once on the Next button!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 11, 2005
  8. > I've just checked and it's on the screen that comes up when you select
    > "Credit Card" as a means of payment.

    I could have sworn it wasn't there earlier.

    Should have gone to Spec Savers ....

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 11, 2005
  9. Paul Ockenden

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Ockenden" <>
    wrote in message
    > > I've just checked and it's on the screen that comes up
    > > when you select "Credit Card" as a means of payment.

    > I could have sworn it wasn't there earlier.
    >
    > Should have gone to Spec Savers ....
    >
    > P.

    Too right, I got well and truly stung by Vision Express last time I needed
    a new pair, never again....!

    BTW did you see my reply re. your Fritz!Box..? The PSTN connection on the
    RJ45 connector (if it is the same as my unit with the inbuilt ADSL modem)
    uses pins 1 and 8 on the RJ45 connector. If you have a lead for this, even
    if it has a German connector on it you should see which wires are used.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 11, 2005
  10. > If you have a lead for this, even if it has a German connector on it you
    > should see which wires are used.

    The lead is RJ45 to RJ45. Then there's a moulded converter which does
    RJ45 to German silly plug thing. So not easy to trace without getting the
    Avo out ...

    Thanks for your help though - I'll try making up a cable using the pins
    you suggested. A right old 1 and 8 ....

    P.
    Paul Ockenden, Sep 11, 2005
  11. Paul Ockenden

    SK Guest

    eyevor give it a rest you know sipgate is piss poor yet u insist on backing
    them to the hilt, you dont have any of these problems with vonage you know
    pal.
    SK, Sep 11, 2005
  12. Paul Ockenden

    SK Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > Give it a rest you sexy stud :)
    >
    > ivor

    anything for you darling,anything :)
    SK, Sep 11, 2005
  13. Paul Ockenden

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "SK" <> wrote in message
    > eyevor give it a rest you know sipgate is piss poor yet u
    > insist on backing them to the hilt, you dont have any of
    > these problems with vonage you know pal.

    Give it a rest Stefan.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Sep 11, 2005