    hear a message saying my call has been disconnected (I have to add
    credit to make calls over 60 seconds). I'm behind NAT and I have
    forwarded 5060 UDP and TCP. What could the problem be?

    J Smith, Oct 8, 2005

  2. J Smith

    Guest

    On 8 Oct 2005 09:32:22 -0700, "J Smith" <>
    wrote:

    >After failing to use voipdiscount.co.uk on linux I found a link on the
    >site to sipdiscount.com, so I tried this instead. Using cornfeadsip I
    >can make calls but I am unable to hear anything. I tried my own phone
    >and when I speak into the phone I can see the lights flashing on my
    >router but no sound comes out of my speakers. Yet, after a minute I
    >hear a message saying my call has been disconnected (I have to add
    >credit to make calls over 60 seconds). I'm behind NAT and I have
    >forwarded 5060 UDP and TCP. What could the problem be?

    I just tried installing it in Eyebeam it won't even register .

    , Oct 8, 2005

  3. J Smith

    J Smith Guest

    wrote:
    > I just tried installing it in Eyebeam it won't even register .

    I tried about 5 different SIP clients. Most won't register but some
    will if I play about with the settings. Only one actually lets me make
    calls, but won't play the sound through the speaker.

    J Smith, Oct 8, 2005
  4. J Smith

    Guest

    On 8 Oct 2005 10:07:28 -0700, "J Smith" <>
    wrote:

    > Only one actually lets me make
    >calls, but won't play the sound through the speaker.

    Which is the one you mentioned previously .

    , Oct 8, 2005
  5. J Smith

    Martin² Guest

    You need to forward the RTP / UDP port(s) to your PC. This is usually 5004,
    but you may need 3478, 3479, 5082, 8000, and also 10000 if you are using
    STUN.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Oct 11, 2005
  6. J Smith

    J Smith Guest

    Martin² wrote:
    > You need to forward the RTP / UDP port(s) to your PC. This is usually 5004,
    > but you may need 3478, 3479, 5082, 8000, and also 10000 if you are using
    > STUN.

    That did just the trick, thanks. :)

    J Smith, Oct 11, 2005