    truculent?

    Stuart

    , May 9, 2006

  2. mark kelly Guest

    wrote:
    > My Grandstream486 went offline from sipdiscount this morning. No
    > reboots, switching proxies etc could persuade it to re-register. Booted
    > up X-Mate and it registered no problem to same Sipdiscount account.
    >
    > Oh my ATA has gone south I thought. So I reprogrammed my Grandstream286
    > which was happily talking to Sipgate and it couldn't register with
    > sipdiscount either. No changes my end to precipitate a problem which
    > sems to be ATA specific. Or is it just my Grandstreams that are
    > truculent?
    >
    > Stuart

    Actually no you not alone. Likewise my father couple of weeks ago
    (posted on here and did not get much joy) :-(. Grandstream 486 on
    sipdiscount died aswell. At the time throught it might be the
    grandstream 486, u know not supporting the codec or something. We
    tried setting up to voipdiscount since was going to change anyway cause
    of free destinations on voipdiscount list and call forwarding feature.
    So my dad brought a Linksy PAP2 (offically unlocked) and setup this
    time voipdiscount at my place. It works, take it to his place does not
    work! Take it back to my place and won't register, have to do a
    factory reset and than put it all again, than logs in. If put settings
    at his place still does not work. But sipgate works. But my dad is
    saying enough is enough and is now moving (please help someone so I can
    stop him doing it) to talktalk free broadband offer to get free calls
    so to speak to america, italy etc. And will sell the linksys PAP2 and
    Linksys WRT54G flash with sovsoft firmware.

    Anyway I think it must be something to do with Finera/Betamax group aka
    sipdiscount/voipdiscount is a problem. Like maybe banning certain IP
    addresses from using their service or something.

    mark kelly, May 10, 2006