    looked in all the router settings including the ones on /Voice_adminPage.htm
    page.

    Can anyone help at all??

    PhilÅ, Dec 12, 2005

  2. PhilÅ

    Jono Guest

    "PhilÅ" <> wrote in message
    news:%odnf.30311$...
    > Hello
    >
    > I have the WRT54GP2, you know, the router with the two phone ports.
    >
    > Well I have registered with sip discount, but find it annoying entering
    > 0044 before I dial.
    >
    > I can not find any settings to prefix numbers dialled with 0044. I have
    > looked in all the router settings including the ones on
    > /Voice_adminPage.htm page.
    >
    > Can anyone help at all??

    It's the dial plan you need to investigate, if it's anything like a Sipura.

    There's a long thread at www.voxilla.com in the Linksys/Sipura user forum
    all about crafting a dial plan.
    http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-619-sid-4fab063602694cb75554878181a57d37.html

    Jono, Dec 12, 2005

  3. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I have the WRT54GP2, you know, the router with the two phone ports.
    >>
    >> Well I have registered with sip discount, but find it annoying entering
    >> 0044 before I dial.
    >>
    >> I can not find any settings to prefix numbers dialled with 0044. I have
    >> looked in all the router settings including the ones on
    >> /Voice_adminPage.htm page.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help at all??
    >>

    > It's the dial plan you need to investigate, if it's anything like a
    > Sipura.
    >
    > There's a long thread at www.voxilla.com in the Linksys/Sipura user forum
    > all about crafting a dial plan.
    > http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-619-sid-4fab063602694cb75554878181a57d37.html

    Many thanks for the link.

    I have now set up my calling plan, but having a couple of issues.

    It is

    (<0:0044>[12]xxxxxxxxxS0 | <:0044151>[3-5]xxxxxS0)

    Now, it works, as UK national numbers are ok, and my local numbers are ok. I
    do not have to put 0044 or 0044151 for my local calls.

    But I can not dial 0800, 0870, 0778(mobiles) etc..

    I would like to??. Any ideas on how to change my call plan to allow 07, 08,
    but not 09(Premium)??

    And what does the [3-5] represent??

    PhilÅ, Dec 12, 2005
  4. PhilÅ

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 12 Dec 2005, PhilÅ writes

    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> I have the WRT54GP2, you know, the router with the two phone ports.
    >>>
    >>> Well I have registered with sip discount, but find it annoying entering
    >>> 0044 before I dial.
    >>>
    >>> I can not find any settings to prefix numbers dialled with 0044. I have
    >>> looked in all the router settings including the ones on
    >>> /Voice_adminPage.htm page.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help at all??
    >>>

    >> It's the dial plan you need to investigate, if it's anything like a
    >> Sipura.
    >>
    >> There's a long thread at www.voxilla.com in the Linksys/Sipura user forum
    >> all about crafting a dial plan.
    >>
    >>http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-619-sid-4fab063602694cb75554878
    >>181a57d37.html
    >>

    >Many thanks for the link.
    >
    >I have now set up my calling plan, but having a couple of issues.
    >
    >It is
    >
    >(<0:0044>[12]xxxxxxxxxS0 | <:0044151>[3-5]xxxxxS0)
    >
    >Now, it works, as UK national numbers are ok, and my local numbers are ok. I
    >do not have to put 0044 or 0044151 for my local calls.
    >
    >But I can not dial 0800, 0870, 0778(mobiles) etc..
    >
    >I would like to??. Any ideas on how to change my call plan to allow 07, 08,
    >but not 09(Premium)??

    0[78]x.

    >And what does the [3-5] represent??

    That means you can dial local Liverpool numbers starting with 3 or 4 or
    5.

    However I think your dial plan for local is wrong. S0 indicates that the
    dialling is complete after 6 digits are dialled, whereas you need 7 in
    Liverpool. I would have thought the dialplan for Liverpool local calls
    would be <:0044151>[2-9]xxxxxxs0

    DF

    David Floyd, Dec 12, 2005
  5. PhilÅ

    PhilÅ Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > In message of Mon, 12 Dec 2005, PhilÅ writes

    >>> It's the dial plan you need to investigate, if it's anything like a
    >>> Sipura.
    >>>
    >>> There's a long thread at www.voxilla.com in the Linksys/Sipura user
    >>> forum
    >>> all about crafting a dial plan.
    >>> http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-619-sid-4fab063602694cb75554878
    >>>181a57d37.html
    >>>

    >>Many thanks for the link.
    >>
    >>I have now set up my calling plan, but having a couple of issues.
    >>
    >>It is
    >>
    >>(<0:0044>[12]xxxxxxxxxS0 | <:0044151>[3-5]xxxxxS0)
    >>
    >>Now, it works, as UK national numbers are ok, and my local numbers are ok.
    >>do not have to put 0044 or 0044151 for my local calls.
    >>
    >>But I can not dial 0800, 0870, 0778(mobiles) etc..
    >>
    >>I would like to??. Any ideas on how to change my call plan to allow 07,
    >>08,
    >>but not 09(Premium)??

    > 0[78]x.
    >

    >>And what does the [3-5] represent??
    >>

    > That means you can dial local Liverpool numbers starting with 3 or 4 or 5.
    >
    > However I think your dial plan for local is wrong. S0 indicates that the
    > dialling is complete after 6 digits are dialled, whereas you need 7 in
    > Liverpool. I would have thought the dialplan for Liverpool local calls
    > would be <:0044151>[2-9]xxxxxxs0

    Yep, you are right, I copied someone settings from a Bolton exchange, but
    did add the extra x on the router setup. Cheers.

    I am confused on the 0[78]x bit, where do I put that??. Sorry for being so
    thick.

    Being rude, could someone edit my string so I can just paste it in, I have a
    headache as I have been doing this for 2 days now.

    Regards.

    P.S. before I go, I assume this sipdiscount does not give an incoming
    number, which is fine. With my router I have sipgate on line 1, can I route
    these calls to line 2 so I can just use one phone. Sipdiscount for outgoing
    and incoming calls being diverted to the other port??. I can see I can
    divert, but I don't think with the sipdiscount account I can get incoming
    calls??

    PhilÅ, Dec 12, 2005
  6. PhilÅ

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 12 Dec 2005, PhilÅ writes

    >"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> In message of Mon, 12 Dec 2005, PhilÅ writes

    >>>I have now set up my calling plan, but having a couple of issues.
    >>>
    >>>It is
    >>>
    >>>(<0:0044>[12]xxxxxxxxxS0 | <:0044151>[3-5]xxxxxS0)
    >>>
    >>>Now, it works, as UK national numbers are ok, and my local numbers are ok.
    >>>do not have to put 0044 or 0044151 for my local calls.
    >>>
    >>>But I can not dial 0800, 0870, 0778(mobiles) etc..
    >>>
    >>>I would like to??. Any ideas on how to change my call plan to allow 07,
    >>>08,
    >>>but not 09(Premium)??

    >> 0[78]x.
    >>

    >I am confused on the 0[78]x bit, where do I put that??. Sorry for being so
    >thick.

    0[78]x.
    Means allow calls beginning 07 or 08 followed by any number of digits.
    But if you want these to go via SipDiscount then I misinformed you,
    because you also need 0044.

    You might need to experiment a bit. I use a Sipura3000 which has
    gateways and I divert 0800 numbers to BT and I bar 0870 and 0845
    numbers, so I'm not sure if the following will work as you want.

    (<0:0044>[1278]xxxxxxxxxS0 |<:0044151>[2-9]xxxxxxS0 )

    now S0(space) is OK with 02, 07 and 0151 numbers, but not a good idea
    for 01 and 08 numbers as these can be shorter than 11 digits. Also this
    is assuming that you want all of these calls to go via SipDiscount.

    So, perhaps the following might be better:
    (<0:0044>[1278]x.|<:0044151>[2-9]xxxxxxS0 )

    which will allow any number of digits after 01,02,07 or 08 to be
    dialled. There will be a pause of a few seconds (maybe 4 secs) after
    you've finished dialling as the box does not know how many digits to
    expect, but you can speed things up by dialling # after the last digit;
    or you could have a more complicated dial plan.

    DF

    David Floyd, Dec 12, 2005
  7. PhilÅ

    > In message of Mon, 12 Dec 2005, PhilÅ writes
    >>
    >>"David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >>> In message of Mon, 12 Dec 2005, PhilÅ writes

    >>> 0[78]x.
    >>>

    >>I am confused on the 0[78]x bit, where do I put that??. Sorry for being so
    >>thick.
    >>

    > 0[78]x.
    > Means allow calls beginning 07 or 08 followed by any number of digits. But
    > if you want these to go via SipDiscount then I misinformed you, because
    > you also need 0044.
    >
    > You might need to experiment a bit. I use a Sipura3000 which has gateways
    > and I divert 0800 numbers to BT and I bar 0870 and 0845 numbers, so I'm
    > not sure if the following will work as you want.
    >
    > (<0:0044>[1278]xxxxxxxxxS0 |<:0044151>[2-9]xxxxxxS0 )
    >
    > now S0(space) is OK with 02, 07 and 0151 numbers, but not a good idea for
    > 01 and 08 numbers as these can be shorter than 11 digits. Also this is
    > assuming that you want all of these calls to go via SipDiscount.
    >
    > So, perhaps the following might be better:
    > (<0:0044>[1278]x.|<:0044151>[2-9]xxxxxxS0 )
    >
    > which will allow any number of digits after 01,02,07 or 08 to be dialled.
    > There will be a pause of a few seconds (maybe 4 secs) after you've
    > finished dialling as the box does not know how many digits to expect, but
    > you can speed things up by dialling # after the last digit; or you could
    > have a more complicated dial plan.
    >
    > DF

    Cheers Dave, that has fixed it.
    Thanks again, Phil

    PhilÅ, Dec 12, 2005
  8. PhilÅ

    John Smith Guest

    Who manufactures the chipset? Have you got access to the CLI?

    John Smith, Dec 13, 2005