    to how long this credit lasts.

    Anyone point me in the right direction please.

    David

    David Floyd, Apr 23, 2006

  2. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    > My credit (which was originally E5) has just expired. I notice the
    > renewal is now E10, but I can't find anywhere on site or on the T&Cs
    > as to how long this credit lasts.
    >
    > Anyone point me in the right direction please.
    >
    > David

    http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/faq.html#21

    120 days, if you top up before your credit expires, you retain the previous
    credit in addition to the new credit.

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 23, 2006

  3. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sun, 23 Apr 2006, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
    >Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    >> My credit (which was originally E5) has just expired. I notice the
    >> renewal is now E10, but I can't find anywhere on site or on the T&Cs
    >> as to how long this credit lasts.
    >>
    >> Anyone point me in the right direction please.
    >>
    >> David

    >http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/faq.html#21
    >
    >120 days, if you top up before your credit expires, you retain the previous
    >credit in addition to the new credit.

    Thank you,

    David

    David Floyd, Apr 23, 2006
  4. David Floyd

    Scope Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    >> My credit (which was originally E5) has just expired. I notice the
    >> renewal is now E10, but I can't find anywhere on site or on the T&Cs
    >> as to how long this credit lasts.
    >>
    >> Anyone point me in the right direction please.
    >>
    >> David

    > http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/faq.html#21
    >
    > 120 days, if you top up before your credit expires, you retain the previous
    > credit in addition to the new credit.

    You sure about that? I've tried adding credits but it said I already
    have too much credit in the account.. I suspect unless you have 0 credit
    they wont allow you to add more.. Cheeky.

    Scope, Apr 23, 2006
  5. David Floyd

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-04-23, Scope <> wrote:

    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.sipdiscount.com/en/faq.html#21
    >>
    >> 120 days, if you top up before your credit expires, you retain the previous
    >> credit in addition to the new credit.
    >>

    > You sure about that? I've tried adding credits but it said I already
    > have too much credit in the account.. I suspect unless you have 0 credit
    > they wont allow you to add more.. Cheeky.

    Having just topped up my account, I can confirm that what happens is as
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} describes. It might worth your trying again. Perhaps
    the server was having an off moment and was a little surprised to be
    getting any money from you!

    Brian.

    Brian, Apr 23, 2006
  6. David Floyd

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-04-23, Brian <> wrote:

    > Having just topped up my account, I can confirm that what happens is as
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} describes. It might worth your trying again. Perhaps
    > the server was having an off moment and was a little surprised to be
    > getting any money from you!

    Or perhaps the server was acting as designed. From

    http://doulos.wordpress.com/technical-information/betamax-voip/

    "If you only make calls to free destinations, your credit will not be
    used up; but unless you purchase more credit within 120 days
    (i.e. 4 months), your remaining credit will expire. Since the system
    will not let you purchase more credit unless your balance is below
    EUR 5, your remaining credit definitely will expire unless you use it."

    My credit was below EUR 5. How about yours?

    Brian.

    Brian, Apr 23, 2006
  7. David Floyd

    Scope Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > On 2006-04-23, Brian <> wrote:
    >> Having just topped up my account, I can confirm that what happens is as
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} describes. It might worth your trying again. Perhaps
    >> the server was having an off moment and was a little surprised to be
    >> getting any money from you!

    > Or perhaps the server was acting as designed. From
    >
    > http://doulos.wordpress.com/technical-information/betamax-voip/
    >
    > "If you only make calls to free destinations, your credit will not be
    > used up; but unless you purchase more credit within 120 days
    > (i.e. 4 months), your remaining credit will expire. Since the system
    > will not let you purchase more credit unless your balance is below
    > EUR 5, your remaining credit definitely will expire unless you use it."
    >
    > My credit was below EUR 5. How about yours?
    >
    > Brian.

    I have just tried topping up my voipdiscount account, and I can confirm
    what I said earlier; with credits on the account I can not top it up.
    Perhaps the different betamax companies operate with different policies?

    I have 7 euros left on the account, and when I tried to topup I got the
    following message:

    "You have sufficient credit. Please use your remaining credit first and
    top up again later."

    Scope, Apr 24, 2006
  8. David Floyd

    Ron Wellsted Guest

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:59:56 +0100, Scope wrote:

    > I have just tried topping up my voipdiscount account, and I can confirm
    > what I said earlier; with credits on the account I can not top it up.
    > Perhaps the different betamax companies operate with different policies?
    >
    > I have 7 euros left on the account, and when I tried to topup I got the
    > following message:
    >
    > "You have sufficient credit. Please use your remaining credit first and
    > top up again later."

    I have just logged in and added another 10 Euros to the 9.97 Euros credit
    I had without any problems, I was also offered the option of buying 10, 25
    or 50 Euros of credit.

    It is interesting that I had 9.97 as I had made a chargeable call to
    France charged at 0.0350 from my original 10 Euros credit, so they are
    rounding in MY favour (very rare!), most companies will round in their
    favour.

    --
    Ron Wellsted
    http://www.wellsted.org.uk

    Ron Wellsted, Apr 24, 2006
  9. David Floyd

    fozzie Guest

    Scope Wrote:

    > I have just tried topping up my voipdiscount account, and I can confir
    >
    > what I said earlier; with credits on the account I can not top it up.
    > Perhaps the different betamax companies operate with differen
    > policies?
    >
    > I have 7 euros left on the account, and when I tried to topup I got th
    >
    > following message:
    >
    > "You have sufficient credit. Please use your remaining credit first an
    >
    > top up again later."

    The OP was about SIPdiscount - you're talking about VOIPdiscount.
    Different providers; different T&Cs?

    --
    fozzie

    fozzie, Apr 29, 2006