    Thank in advance.
    NZ
    Paris FRANCE

    nz, Jul 7, 2005

  2. nz

    Ian Guest

    "nz" <> wrote in message
    news:42cd6f7a$0$10750$...
    > Hi
    > I am new in VOIP and would like to have one information.
    > How to call a sip number (or nickname) of a friend using a software
    > different from mine? (both softwares use SIP)
    > For exemple: how to call a user of Jajah using another software?
    > Thank in advance.
    > NZ
    > Paris FRANCE

    in theory

    sip:name@ipaddress

    or you could just dial the ip address of the UA

    Ian

    Ian, Jul 7, 2005

  3. nz

    Paul D.Smith Guest

    > sip:name@ipaddress
    >
    > or you could just dial the ip address of the UA

    For example if your mate's account is with NoddyPhone and their server is
    noddyphone.com and his account name (most account "names" look like phone
    numbers) is "56789" then you enter "sip:"

    If you both use the same SIP service provider (i.e. you're both on
    NoddyPhone) then you just dial the numbers (i.e. 56789) and the phone does
    the rest.

    Also, some providers have shortcodes which mean "this number is with another
    service provider". For example, your friend might have account "1234" with
    "BigEarsTel", but NoddyPhone has a short code "*87" which means "this is for
    BigEarsTel" so you would dial "*871234" and the phone does the rest.

    Paul DS.

    Paul D.Smith, Jul 8, 2005