    The reason I ask is that I have a client that requires a UK number in
    Mozambique and a Mozambique number in the UK. How can this be done.

    Yaz

    Yaz, Aug 29, 2006

  2. Yaz

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Yaz" <> wrote in message
    news:ylZIg.20445$
    > How is it possible for SIP VOIP providers to be able to
    > provide you with a different countries landline number
    > terminated to a SIP account. eg an German number in the
    > UK.
    > The reason I ask is that I have a client that requires a
    > UK number in Mozambique and a Mozambique number in the
    > UK. How can this be done.
    > Yaz

    Well a UK number can be obtained from many providers, some free some not
    so free, but you (usually) have to provide a UK address and/or register
    from a UK IP address.

    As for Mozambique, you'd have to ask, I have no idea if such numbers are
    available.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 29, 2006

  3. Yaz

    paul123 Guest

    Yaz wrote:
    > How is it possible for SIP VOIP providers to be able to provide you with a
    > different countries landline number terminated to a SIP account. eg an
    > German number in the UK.

    A provider, like Sipgate, Voiptalk etc, acquires them from a national
    number distributor and then sells, rents, or even gives them free to
    their clients - wherever they are. Thus I have several UK, French and
    Italian numbers, even though I'm based in Spain.

    Some voip providers, like voip.co.uk (at least when I looked at them a
    few months back), will only give you numbers if you are a UK resident.
    In Germany, you have to be a German resident to get a geo number -
    Sipgate will only give you a non-geo German number if you apply for one
    online from the UK. Rules vary from country to country.

    paul123, Aug 29, 2006
  4. Yaz

    Yaz Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote in message

    > Yaz wrote:
    >> How is it possible for SIP VOIP providers to be able to provide you with
    >> different countries landline number terminated to a SIP account. eg an
    >> German number in the UK.

    > A provider, like Sipgate, Voiptalk etc, acquires them from a national
    > number distributor and then sells, rents, or even gives them free to
    > their clients - wherever they are. Thus I have several UK, French and
    > Italian numbers, even though I'm based in Spain.
    >
    > Some voip providers, like voip.co.uk (at least when I looked at them a
    > few months back), will only give you numbers if you are a UK resident.
    > In Germany, you have to be a German resident to get a geo number -
    > Sipgate will only give you a non-geo German number if you apply for one
    > online from the UK. Rules vary from country to country.

    None of them appear to offer number in the country that i need. how may i
    go about assisting in arranging this. Do I need to set up any agreement in
    the home country. Obviously they need to allocate numbers to someone and
    they will not do it for free.

    Yaz

    Yaz, Aug 29, 2006
  5. Yaz

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Yaz" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > None of them appear to offer number in the country that i
    > need. how may i go about assisting in arranging this. Do I need to set
    > up any agreement in the home country. Obviously they need to allocate
    > numbers to someone and
    > they will not do it for free.

    You need to find a company in the country concerned which is prepared to
    do this, which isn't going to happen just for one person. There needs to
    be a business incentive. There may even be legal reasons in that country
    why it can't be done.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 29, 2006
  6. Yaz wrote:
    > How is it possible for SIP VOIP providers to be able to provide you with a
    > different countries landline number terminated to a SIP account. eg an
    > German number in the UK.
    >
    > The reason I ask is that I have a client that requires a UK number in
    > Mozambique and a Mozambique number in the UK. How can this be done.
    >
    > Yaz

    Have a look @
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=DID service providers

    Pay special attention: didx.org, They have numbers for many countries
    including Nigeria. If you register, you can request countries.

    let us know how you get on.

    Daviey Walker, Aug 29, 2006
  7. Yaz

    NicHughes Guest

    Yaz wrote:
    > How is it possible for SIP VOIP providers to be able to provide you with a
    > different countries landline number terminated to a SIP account. eg an
    > German number in the UK.

    The general case is that once you have a VOIP enabled number you can
    utilise it from anywhere, that it part of the benefit the IP part of
    VOIP gives you.

    To an extent Germany is an exception, they will not give out geographic
    numbers in the first place unless you are a resident. Of course once
    you have one you could conect to it from anywhere in the world you have
    IP access and suitable VOIP equipment. I get the feeling the German
    regulators disapprove of such things, perhaps someone has a better
    understanding of the German regulatory attitude.

    > The reason I ask is that I have a client that requires a UK number in
    > Mozambique and a Mozambique number in the UK. How can this be done.

    Then you need someone in each country who can issue you a telephone
    number for use with a VOIP service. The UK part is fairly trivial as
    there are a number of companies who will provide for your needs. I do
    not know if such suppliers exist for Mozambique.

    --
    Nic

    NicHughes, Aug 29, 2006
  8. Yaz wrote:
    > "paul123" <> wrote in message
    >> Yaz wrote:
    >>> How is it possible for SIP VOIP providers to be able to provide you with
    >>> different countries landline number terminated to a SIP account. eg an
    >>> German number in the UK.

    >> A provider, like Sipgate, Voiptalk etc, acquires them from a national
    >> number distributor and then sells, rents, or even gives them free to
    >> their clients - wherever they are. Thus I have several UK, French and
    >> Italian numbers, even though I'm based in Spain.
    >>
    >> Some voip providers, like voip.co.uk (at least when I looked at them a
    >> few months back), will only give you numbers if you are a UK resident.
    >> In Germany, you have to be a German resident to get a geo number -
    >> Sipgate will only give you a non-geo German number if you apply for one
    >> online from the UK. Rules vary from country to country.
    >>

    > None of them appear to offer number in the country that i need. how may i
    > go about assisting in arranging this. Do I need to set up any agreement in
    > the home country. Obviously they need to allocate numbers to someone and
    > they will not do it for free.
    >
    > Yaz

    Sadly, the only African Country I know that you can buy DIDs from is Nigeria
    (which if my geography is correct is about half the distance).

    If the prices for those DIDs are anything to go by, then this could be
    quite expensive.

    Are you sure you need DIDs for each country? Usully this is only
    neccesary if you have customers in the UK that would be calling people
    in Mozambique (and vice versa).

    If you only have 2 offices that need to be able to talk to each other,
    then you may be able to program the telephone exchanges at either end to
    place the calls as IP calls and only have the numbers exist as virtual
    extensions in the local PBXs.

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 30, 2006
  9. Yaz

    Yaz Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote > Are you sure you need
    DIDs for each country? Usully this is only
    > neccesary if you have customers in the UK that would be calling people
    > in Mozambique (and vice versa).

    It is actually for customers in Mozambique wanting to call only local
    numbers but terminated in UK. They actually want to provide a service to
    customers in the Mozambique and Malawi Area. I know the PSTN and mobile
    operators in that area and feel we may be able to provide a a facility and
    have a customer base there.

    > If you only have 2 offices that need to be able to talk to each other,
    > then you may be able to program the telephone exchanges at either end to
    > place the calls as IP calls and only have the numbers exist as virtual
    > extensions in the local PBXs.

    It is not 2 particular offices but persons living out there being able t o
    carry their numbers to the UK and around the world when they travel
    seamlessly.

    Yaz

    Yaz, Aug 30, 2006
  10. Yaz

    Yaz Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote >
    > A provider, like Sipgate, Voiptalk etc, acquires them from a national
    > number distributor

    How do they acquire these numbers? Waht is the incentive for the origin
    country where these are issued?

    Yaz

    Yaz, Aug 30, 2006