    Page Guest

    What is the SIP SUBSCRIBE command used for?

    Page

    Page, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Page wrote:
    > What is the SIP SUBSCRIBE command used for?

    This is a generic framework described in RFC3265 to request to be
    notified of events. E.g. some VoIP endpoints (at least the Packet8
    DTA310) use it to receive a notification when a voice message is
    recorded on a media server to change the state of the message waiting
    indicator on the endpoint (see draft-ietf-sipping-mwi for the details).

    Marc Petit-Huguenin, Feb 29, 2004