    Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
    a private VOIP network?

    , May 24, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
    > a private VOIP network?

    Asterisk

    Jonathan Roberts, May 25, 2006

  3. Madhur Guest

    Flextronics SIP Server is considered to be most reliable and stable
    version in the market

    Madhur, May 26, 2006
  4. Guest

    Hi Mike,

    wrote:
    > Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
    > a private VOIP network?

    If you're looking for a free open source one: Try asterisk or sipx.
    Asterisk is harder to set up but more powerful (can talk to more
    different types of devices, protocols such as H.323, MGCP, etc). SipX
    is easier to manage (all web based) but only does SIP. If that's all
    you need I'd try that first.

    , May 26, 2006
  5. R-Guy Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
    >> a private VOIP network?
    >>

    > Asterisk

    Is Asterisk a SIP server?

    R-Guy, May 27, 2006
  6. Martin Guest

    On 2006-05-27 18:42:25 +0200, "R-Guy" <> said:

    > "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Could someone recommend some software for me to use as a SIP Server for
    >>> a private VOIP network?
    >>>

    >> Asterisk
    >>

    > Is Asterisk a SIP server?

    of course :) asterisk can SIP, H.323, IAX , ZAP, ISDN, .....

    martin

    Martin, May 28, 2006

    Yes, among other things. www.asterisk.org

    Jonathan Roberts, May 30, 2006