    one or more TCP sockets. The side of things sounds doable, but I'm just
    starting to read up on RTP.

    -- John

    John Sutter, Jul 21, 2003

  2. John Sutter

    Peter Guest

    > I want to use a SIP softphone from my office to my Asterisk box
    > at home. At work I am behind a NAT firewall that does not allow
    > incoming UDP. At home, my machines are also behind a NAT firewall
    > but I can map what I want.

    Similar situation here. So far I haven't been able to set up SIP proxy
    behind NAT - the firewall has to inspect SIP protocol and create NAT
    mappings for voice UDP connections, and my Cisco won't do that. There are
    three ways out:

    1. Put your SIP proxy behind NAT in DMZ
    2. Install another Asterisk at work and use IAX - single UDP port works well
    with NAT. Maybe gnophone could also work?
    3. Install tunnel. Check out vtun.sourceforge.net - adds only 5-10ms to
    latency even with compression (LZO) and encryption (Blowfish)

    Hope this helps,
    Peter

    Peter, Jul 21, 2003

  3. On 7/21/03 10:31, in article , "John Sutter"
    <> wrote:

    > #2 and #3 sound like viable options for me. Now if I can get
    > Asterisk to compile under RH 7.2 (running 9.0 at home).
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -- John
    >

    > Peter wrote:
    >>> I want to use a SIP softphone from my office to my Asterisk box
    >>> at home. At work I am behind a NAT firewall that does not allow
    >>> incoming UDP. At home, my machines are also behind a NAT firewall
    >>> but I can map what I want.

    >> Similar situation here. So far I haven't been able to set up SIP proxy
    >> behind NAT - the firewall has to inspect SIP protocol and create NAT
    >> mappings for voice UDP connections, and my Cisco won't do that. There are

    Both the Cisco IOS NAT and Cisco PIX NAT have SIP ALG's...

    Cullen Jennings, Jul 28, 2003
  4. John Sutter

    stefantch

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    SIP phone behind NAT

    Hello John,

    This site might have a solution for you
    http://www.d-tunnel.com

    They have a software called SIP Tunnel that helps users to connect SIP networks even if their UDP is blocked.

    Best regards,
    Stefan
    ----------

    stefantch, Oct 13, 2006
  5. John Sutter

    jani12

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Complete voip tunneling and encryption solutions can be found at mizutech.
    You might check this: mizu-voip.com/Products/VoIPTunnel.aspx
    They have both client and server side solutions.

    jani12, Jul 8, 2010