SIP phones registration in Cisco Unified Call Manager Express

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by vhuertas@gmail.com, Sep 22, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi all!

    I have a pair of questions that I would like somebody expert in CUCME
    (Cisco Unified Call Manager Express) to answer:

    1. According to what I have read so far, it seems that the only way to
    register a SIP phone regardless of being Cisco or non-Cisco is to
    previously configure in CUCME its MAC address along with user alias
    and authentication. So everything must be statically configured
    beforehand and a particular user is statically assigned to a
    particular device. I find it very rigid and a bit disappointing in my
    oppinion because in my company we have no fixed desktop and we have an
    Alcatel VoIP solution. You can log-in in any device you find with your
    username and password and transform it in your extension automatically
    (it is like Mobile Extension capability) with no previous confiuration
    at the PBX. There is no static and permament assignation between
    device and end user, which I find very flexible and confortable. Is it
    possible to implement it easily in a CUCME as well?

    2. Does anybody know how to register H.323 endpoint in the CUCME? I
    would like CUCME implement a inner gatekeeper in the same way as the
    SIP registrar does.

    Sorry for this long post and thanks for your attention. It is really
    appreciated.
    , Sep 22, 2008