    So, using Internetcalls, I can ring my Internetcalls PSTN number. I can
    receive calls made only from my Internetcalls account.

    What's the state of play with Sipdiscount?
    Jono, May 14, 2006

  2. Jono

    Sean Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Internetcall seems to be down(?)
    >
    > The only "PSTN" number I can ring is the one they've supplied me!
    >
    > So, using Internetcalls, I can ring my Internetcalls PSTN number. I can
    > receive calls made only from my Internetcalls account.
    >
    > What's the state of play with Sipdiscount?

    Well, i keep making minor adjustments with my asterisk, so i can see
    when things i change make things unstable. Tought i'd gone and broke it,
    as outbound calls were not working.

    It seems they were just silent, not kinda rejected from the server. As
    asterisk did not bother to try the next available provider in the list.

    Thats with VoIP Cheap... all the same people
    Sean, May 14, 2006

  3. Jono

    Graham Guest

    > Internetcall seems to be down(?)
    >
    > The only "PSTN" number I can ring is the one they've supplied me!
    >
    > So, using Internetcalls, I can ring my Internetcalls PSTN number. I can
    > receive calls made only from my Internetcalls account.
    >
    > What's the state of play with Sipdiscount?

    My VoIPCheap (using VoIPBuster server) is down
    I was just about to post but you beat me to it.
    I was blaming the AAH box and was rebooting everything untill I realised
    that the one number I could call was my VoIPCheap one

    My Sipdiscount accounts also don't work but they are 1 min per call
    unregistered ones that I dont use often, and they might have expired.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, May 14, 2006
  4. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Sean presented the following explanation :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Internetcall seems to be down(?)
    >>
    >> The only "PSTN" number I can ring is the one they've supplied me!
    >>
    >> So, using Internetcalls, I can ring my Internetcalls PSTN number. I can
    >> receive calls made only from my Internetcalls account.
    >>
    >> What's the state of play with Sipdiscount?
    >>

    > Well, i keep making minor adjustments with my asterisk, so i can see when
    > things i change make things unstable. Tought i'd gone and broke it, as
    > outbound calls were not working.
    >
    > It seems they were just silent, not kinda rejected from the server. As
    > asterisk did not bother to try the next available provider in the list.
    >
    > Thats with VoIP Cheap... all the same people

    Yes, exactly the same - silent call, which Asterisk doesn't try to
    place with the next provider in the list.
    Jono, May 14, 2006
  5. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Graham wrote on 14/05/2006 :
    >> Internetcall seems to be down(?)
    >>
    >> The only "PSTN" number I can ring is the one they've supplied me!
    >>
    >> So, using Internetcalls, I can ring my Internetcalls PSTN number. I can
    >> receive calls made only from my Internetcalls account.
    >>
    >> What's the state of play with Sipdiscount?
    >>

    > My VoIPCheap (using VoIPBuster server) is down
    > I was just about to post but you beat me to it.
    > I was blaming the AAH box and was rebooting everything untill I realised that
    > the one number I could call was my VoIPCheap one
    >
    > My Sipdiscount accounts also don't work but they are 1 min per call
    > unregistered ones that I dont use often, and they might have expired.

    hehe.

    My wife blames me, not AAH, nor the provider!
    Jono, May 14, 2006
  6. Jono

    Graham Guest

    >As asterisk did not bother to try the next available provider in the list.

    > Thats with VoIP Cheap... all the same people

    Are you aware of the "undocumented" feature of VoIPCheap?

    vis. you can have multiple simultaneous calls on the same trunk

    (i.e. account). At least three, maybe more.

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, May 14, 2006
  7. Thus spaketh Jono:
    > Internetcall seems to be down(?)
    >
    > The only "PSTN" number I can ring is the one they've supplied me!
    >
    > So, using Internetcalls, I can ring my Internetcalls PSTN number. I
    > can receive calls made only from my Internetcalls account.
    >
    > What's the state of play with Sipdiscount?

    My VoIP Stunt and SIP Discount services are not functioning, earlier I had
    several calls getting dropped, now nothing.

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 14, 2006
  8. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Graham laid this down on his screen :
    >>As asterisk did not bother to try the next available provider in the list.

    >> Thats with VoIP Cheap... all the same people

    > Are you aware of the "undocumented" feature of VoIPCheap?
    >
    > vis. you can have multiple simultaneous calls on the same trunk
    >
    > (i.e. account). At least three, maybe more.

    Hadn't realised it was undocumented.

    The only trunk I can't have more than one call at a time is my BT line.

    I've certainly had 4 on the go, simultaneously.
    Jono, May 14, 2006
  9. Jono

    Sean Guest

    Yeah i am aware of this, why?
    Sean, May 14, 2006
  10. Thus spaketh Jono:
    > Internetcall seems to be down(?)
    >
    > The only "PSTN" number I can ring is the one they've supplied me!
    >
    > So, using Internetcalls, I can ring my Internetcalls PSTN number. I
    > can receive calls made only from my Internetcalls account.
    >
    > What's the state of play with Sipdiscount?

    Just kicked back into life!

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 14, 2006
  11. Jono

    Graham Guest

    > Hadn't realised it was undocumented.
    >
    > The only trunk I can't have more than one call at a time is my BT line.
    >
    > I've certainly had 4 on the go, simultaneously.

    I mentioned it because you said you had a group of trunks and I thought you

    had Asterisk pick the next one if a given one was in use.

    Maybe you or someone can throw some light on a problem I have.

    Incoming calls work on my VoIPCheap number only if I have made an outgoing

    call within the intervening 20 min or so. After that time callers get the

    "this user is not online" message.

    Sip peers, in the AAH Asterisk Info page reports "600 request sent"

    against the Voipstunt entry at all times, whereas my Sipgate accounts get

    "585 registered"

    Any ideas?

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, May 14, 2006
  12. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Graham explained on 14/05/2006 :
    >> Hadn't realised it was undocumented.
    >>
    >> The only trunk I can't have more than one call at a time is my BT line.
    >>
    >> I've certainly had 4 on the go, simultaneously.

    > I mentioned it because you said you had a group of trunks and I thought you
    >
    > had Asterisk pick the next one if a given one was in use.

    Ah, I see. What happens (or what should happen) with Asterisk, is if
    the trunk is offline, Asterisk will choose the next in the list.

    > Maybe you or someone can throw some light on a problem I have.
    >
    > Incoming calls work on my VoIPCheap number only if I have made an outgoing
    >
    > call within the intervening 20 min or so. After that time callers get the
    >
    > "this user is not online" message.

    What context have you got your Voipcheap inbound number pointing to?

    Jono, May 14, 2006
  13. Jono

    Graham Guest

    voipcheap is back up guys

    I will look at my configs and get back to you Jono.

    Graham

    Graham, May 14, 2006
  14. Jono

    Graham Guest

    > What context have you got your Voipcheap inbound number pointing to?

    Its forced to "from-pstn"

    SIP.CONF

    ; Note: If your SIP devices are behind a NAT and your Asterisk
    ; server isn't, try adding "nat=1" to each peer definition to
    ; solve translation problems.

    [general]

    port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
    bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw

    ;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
    commented-out graham

    ;added by graham
    context = from-pstn

    defaultexpirey = 600 ; include this only if necessary
    maxexpirey = 3600 ; include this only if necessary
    progressinband = yes
    callerid = Unknown

    #include sip_nat.conf
    #include sip_custom.conf
    #include sip_additional.conf

    Graham, May 14, 2006
  15. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Graham pretended :

    >> What context have you got your Voipcheap inbound number pointing to?

    > Its forced to "from-pstn"
    >
    > SIP.CONF
    >
    > ; Note: If your SIP devices are behind a NAT and your Asterisk
    > ; server isn't, try adding "nat=1" to each peer definition to
    > ; solve translation problems.
    >
    > [general]
    >
    > port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
    > bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
    > disallow=all
    > allow=ulaw
    > allow=alaw
    >

    > ;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
    > commented-out graham
    >
    > ;added by graham
    > context = from-pstn
    >
    > defaultexpirey = 600 ; include this only if necessary
    > maxexpirey = 3600 ; include this only if necessary
    > progressinband = yes
    > callerid = Unknown
    >
    > #include sip_nat.conf
    > #include sip_custom.conf
    > #include sip_additional.conf

    That looks similar to mine, ecept you've got some bits missing:

    [general]

    port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
    bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw
    ;context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
    context = from-trunk ; this is the same as from-pstn
    ;defaultexpirey = 600 ; include this only if necessary
    ;maxexpirey = 3600 ; include this only if necessary
    progressinband = yes
    dtmfmode=auto

    callerid = Unknown
    externip = myipaddress
    localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    nat=yes

    Jono, May 14, 2006
  16. Jono

    Graham Guest

    > callerid = Unknown
    > externip = myipaddress
    > localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    > nat=yes

    That looks intrseting, Ill try it.
    I suppose I can use my DynDNS hostname for the externip?

    Graham, May 14, 2006
  17. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Graham pretended :
    >> callerid = Unknown
    >> externip = myipaddress
    >> localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    >> nat=yes
    >>

    > That looks intrseting, Ill try it.
    > I suppose I can use my DynDNS hostname for the externip?

    Absolutely.

    On the localnet line, use the first three octets of your
    network......ie, if your gateway addy is 192.168.1.1, use 192.168.1.0
    Jono, May 14, 2006
  18. Jono

    Graham Guest

    > On the localnet line, use the first three octets of your network......ie,
    > if your gateway addy is 192.168.1.1, use 192.168.1.0

    That translates to 10.0.0.0 in my case.

    Its looking good but won't be sure until it's been idle for a while.

    Thanks.

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, May 14, 2006
  19. Jono

    Jono Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message news:4467b292$...

    >> On the localnet line, use the first three octets of your network......ie,
    >> if your gateway addy is 192.168.1.1, use 192.168.1.0

    > That translates to 10.0.0.0 in my case.
    >
    > Its looking good but won't be sure until it's been idle for a while.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Good luck.

    BTW, your signature's broken, well at least it's not formatted in the way I
    suspect you want it to be.....I have to strip it manually!
    Jono, May 14, 2006
  20. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > Thus spaketh Jono:
    >> Internetcall seems to be down(?)
    >>
    >> The only "PSTN" number I can ring is the one they've supplied me!
    >>
    >> So, using Internetcalls, I can ring my Internetcalls PSTN number. I
    >> can receive calls made only from my Internetcalls account.
    >>
    >> What's the state of play with Sipdiscount?

    > Just kicked back into life!

    Friends and family said that 1899, 18185 and 18866 were down too, on the old
    indirect access landline service.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 14, 2006