    ATA-186?

    I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the FWD website.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Chris Blunt

    dd Guest

    Chris Blunt wrote:
    > I understand that in order to use a Cisco ATA-186 on Free
    > World Direct, I need to download the SIP image to the
    > adapter.
    >
    > Where would I be able to find this, and how do I download
    > it to the ATA-186?
    >
    > I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the FWD
    > website.
    >
    > Chris

    Have a look at

    http://tinyurl.com/2u6bn

    IConnectHere provide a SIP image for the ATA186. Most likely for people who
    intend to subscribe to them. It can be accessed publicly though. Make sure you
    know what you're doing though cos I don't think it's easy to change between
    images as they aren't easily available for everyone.

    dd, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Chris Blunt

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:32:12 -0000, "dd" <> wrote:

    >Chris Blunt wrote:
    >> I understand that in order to use a Cisco ATA-186 on Free
    >> World Direct, I need to download the SIP image to the
    >> adapter.
    >>
    >> Where would I be able to find this, and how do I download
    >> it to the ATA-186?
    >>
    >> I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the FWD
    >> website.
    >>
    >> Chris

    >Have a look at
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/2u6bn
    >
    >IConnectHere provide a SIP image for the ATA186. Most likely for people who
    >intend to subscribe to them. It can be accessed publicly though. Make sure you
    >know what you're doing though cos I don't think it's easy to change between
    >images as they aren't easily available for everyone.

    That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware. Is a 'SIP
    image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we talking about two quite
    different things here?

    Chris Blunt, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Chris Blunt

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Chris Blunt <> wrote:
    > That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware. Is a 'SIP
    > image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we talking about two quite
    > different things here?

    The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP capability.

    miguel
    --
    Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/

    Miguel Cruz, Jan 16, 2004
  5. Chris Blunt

    SPD Guest

    You can also get the software and users guide from
    Cisco's site if you have access. Using the IVR
    function in the ATA from a telphone set attached to
    the unit you can configure it.

    -Steve

    SPD, Jan 16, 2004
  6. Chris Blunt

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:58:50 GMT, (Miguel Cruz) wrote:

    >Chris Blunt <> wrote:
    >> That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware. Is a 'SIP
    >> image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we talking about two quite
    >> different things here?

    >The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP capability.

    Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides tell you to
    configure certain parameters which don't seem to appear in the config
    menu of my ATA-186.

    eg
    Set UID0 to your FWD account's FWD number (e.g. 16000).
    Set PWD0 to your FWD account's password.
    Set GkOrProxy to fwd.pulver.com
    Set UseSIP to 1
    Set SipPort to 5060
    Set SIPRegInterval to 3500
    Set SipRegOn to 1
    Set outbound proxy to fwdnat.pulver.com:5082

    None of these appear in my ATA-186, which has firmware v2.16.1.ms
    installed.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jan 17, 2004
  7. Chris Blunt

    SPD Guest

    Chris Blunt wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:58:50 GMT, (Miguel Cruz) wrote:
    >

    >>Chris Blunt <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware. Is a 'SIP
    >>>image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we talking about two quite
    >>>different things here?

    >>The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP capability.

    > Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides tell you to
    > configure certain parameters which don't seem to appear in the config
    > menu of my ATA-186.
    >
    > eg
    > Set UID0 to your FWD account's FWD number (e.g. 16000).

    - User ID for line 1 (rj11 jack 1)
    > Set PWD0 to your FWD account's password.

    - Password for line 1 (these assume authentication is enabled)
    > Set GkOrProxy to fwd.pulver.com

    - this is the address or SRV record for the proxy with with
    you want to register.
    > Set UseSIP to 1

    - pretty clear
    > Set SipPort to 5060

    - also clear
    > Set SIPRegInterval to 3500

    - registration timer
    > Set SipRegOn to 1

    - tells ata to attempt to register to server listed above
    > Set outbound proxy to fwdnat.pulver.com:5082

    - proxy address for outbound calling.

    > None of these appear in my ATA-186, which has firmware v2.16.1.ms
    > installed.

    - did you look at the ata using a web browser?
    <ata ip address>/dev. Connect to this address, sign in then
    you should see these and other parameters.
    > Chris

    -Steve

    SPD, Jan 17, 2004
  8. Chris Blunt

    dd Guest

    Chris Blunt wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:58:50 GMT, (Miguel
    > Cruz) wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Blunt <> wrote:
    >>> That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware.
    >>> Is a 'SIP image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we
    >>> talking about two quite different things here?

    >> The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP
    >> capability.

    > Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides
    > tell you to configure certain parameters which don't seem
    > to appear in the config menu of my ATA-186.

    The configuration options available are different depending on which firmware
    version you have. So if you haven't change to the SIP firmware then you won't
    have the right options available.

    I have the same firmware version as you on my BT Broadband Voice provided
    adapter which is MGCP and not SIP.

    dd, Jan 17, 2004
  9. Chris Blunt

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:02:26 -0500, SPD <> wrote:

    >Chris Blunt wrote:

    >>>The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP capability.

    >> Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides tell you to
    >> configure certain parameters which don't seem to appear in the config
    >> menu of my ATA-186.
    >>
    >> eg
    >> Set UID0 to your FWD account's FWD number (e.g. 16000).

    >- User ID for line 1 (rj11 jack 1)
    >> Set PWD0 to your FWD account's password.

    >- Password for line 1 (these assume authentication is enabled)
    >> Set GkOrProxy to fwd.pulver.com

    >- this is the address or SRV record for the proxy with with
    > you want to register.
    >> Set UseSIP to 1

    >- pretty clear
    >> Set SipPort to 5060

    >- also clear
    >> Set SIPRegInterval to 3500

    >- registration timer
    >> Set SipRegOn to 1

    >- tells ata to attempt to register to server listed above
    >> Set outbound proxy to fwdnat.pulver.com:5082

    >- proxy address for outbound calling.
    >>
    >> None of these appear in my ATA-186, which has firmware v2.16.1.ms
    >> installed.
    >>

    >- did you look at the ata using a web browser?
    ><ata ip address>/dev. Connect to this address, sign in then
    >you should see these and other parameters.

    I am looking at the ATA via a web browser, but don't have any of those
    parameters. I have CA0UID, which could correspond to UID0, but most of
    the others don't match with any that appear on my unit.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jan 17, 2004
  10. Chris Blunt

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:16:24 -0000, "dd" <> wrote:

    >Chris Blunt wrote:
    >> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:58:50 GMT, (Miguel
    >> Cruz) wrote:

    >>> The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP
    >>> capability.

    >> Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides
    >> tell you to configure certain parameters which don't seem
    >> to appear in the config menu of my ATA-186.

    >The configuration options available are different depending on which firmware
    >version you have. So if you haven't change to the SIP firmware then you won't
    >have the right options available.

    Do you know where I could get the SIP firmware?

    Chris Blunt, Jan 17, 2004
  11. Chris Blunt

    dd Guest

    Chris Blunt wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:16:24 -0000, "dd" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Blunt wrote:

    >>> Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides
    >>> tell you to configure certain parameters which don't
    >>> seem to appear in the config menu of my ATA-186.

    >> The configuration options available are different
    >> depending on which firmware version you have. So if you
    >> haven't change to the SIP firmware then you won't have
    >> the right options available.

    > Do you know where I could get the SIP firmware?

    Yes, follow the instructions in the first message I replied to you in!

    dd, Jan 17, 2004
  12. Chris Blunt

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:03:01 -0000, "dd" <> wrote:

    >Chris Blunt wrote:
    >> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:16:24 -0000, "dd" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> The configuration options available are different
    >>> depending on which firmware version you have. So if you
    >>> haven't change to the SIP firmware then you won't have
    >>> the right options available.

    >> Do you know where I could get the SIP firmware?

    >Yes, follow the instructions in the first message I replied to you in!

    Thanks.

    When you suggested that before I hadn't realised that the v2.16.1
    version of the firmware referred to on the iConnectHere web site was
    different from the v2.16.1 that I already had installed. Having now
    tried your suggestion I can see its a different build.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jan 17, 2004
  13. Chris Blunt

    dd Guest

    Chris Blunt wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:03:01 -0000, "dd" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Blunt wrote:

    >>> Do you know where I could get the SIP firmware?

    >> Yes, follow the instructions in the first message I
    >> replied to you in!

    > Thanks.
    >
    > When you suggested that before I hadn't realised that the
    > v2.16.1 version of the firmware referred to on the
    > iConnectHere web site was different from the v2.16.1 that
    > I already had installed. Having now tried your suggestion
    > I can see its a different build.
    >
    > Chris

    Glad you're sorted out now.
    how you get on ok with FWD, it's a shame they don't make a combined ATA so you
    can use both BT BBV and FWD at the same time.

    dd, Jan 17, 2004