    * that stupid thing goes off-hook when forwarding incoming PSTN calls
    to the PBX, regardless of whether an extension does ultimately pick up
    the call

    Vincent Delporte, Aug 21, 2006

  2. "Vincent Delporte" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Since I'm still stuck at how to make a Linksys 3102 work OK with the
    > free Axon PBX for Windows*... I was wondering if it's possible to
    > configure the 3012 (or the GrandStream HT-488 that I also have) to
    > have it ring an SIP phone directly, ie. no need for either an SIP PBX
    > or some VoIP account on the Net? For single use, that would solve the
    > issue.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > * that stupid thing goes off-hook when forwarding incoming PSTN calls
    > to the PBX, regardless of whether an extension does ultimately pick up
    > the call

    From http://www.sipura.com/support/spa3000faq/Section_2.html#5 it would seem
    it is possible, although I've never tried.

    I'm not sure about going off-hook immediately; registering the SPA-3000 on
    Asterisk it's definitely possible to avoid that problem, as explained at
    http://voxilla.com/forum-viewtopic-t-1335.html . Perhaps that can be adapted
    to the Axon PBX, of which I know nothing.

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Aug 21, 2006

  3. On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:13:37 +0800, "Enzo Michelangeli"
    <-ip.com> wrote:
    >From http://www.sipura.com/support/spa3000faq/Section_2.html#5 it would seem
    >it is possible, although I've never tried.

    Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. It's always nice to keep
    something as basic as possible.

    >I'm not sure about going off-hook immediately; registering the SPA-3000 on
    >Asterisk it's definitely possible to avoid that problem, as explained at
    >http://voxilla.com/forum-viewtopic-t-1335.html . Perhaps that can be adapted
    >to the Axon PBX, of which I know nothing.

    A sharp-eyed Axon user noticed that, by default, it's supposed to play
    on-hold music (I hear silence) instead of just keep RINGing the remote
    extension. Changing that setting solved that issue

    But I'm still stuck with the internal softphone's microphone not being
    hear by the remote PSTN caller, although it works find PSTN ->
    softphone. I know just about nothing about SIP or RTP, so it might be
    something obvious. Actually, that may also explain why I got no music
    on hold before..

    For the curious out there, here's the output of an incoming PSTN call
    getting into the Linksys, being forwarded from FXS to FXO (at least,
    that's how I think of it), RINGing extension 101 (a softphone) through
    the Axon IP PBX, having a (one-way,sigh) conversation, and then
    finally hanging up:

    http://codecomplete.free.fr/syslog.txt

    If anyone has any hint about why RTP data only seem to travel PSTN ->
    softphone but not the other way around, I'm all ears :)

    Thank you.

    Vincent Delporte, Aug 21, 2006
  4. "Vincent Delporte" <> wrote in message
    [...]
    .. Changing that setting solved that issue

    > But I'm still stuck with the internal softphone's microphone not being
    > hear by the remote PSTN caller, although it works find PSTN ->
    > softphone. I know just about nothing about SIP or RTP, so it might be
    > something obvious. Actually, that may also explain why I got no music
    > on hold before..
    >
    > For the curious out there, here's the output of an incoming PSTN call
    > getting into the Linksys, being forwarded from FXS to FXO (at least,
    > that's how I think of it), RINGing extension 101 (a softphone) through
    > the Axon IP PBX, having a (one-way,sigh) conversation, and then
    > finally hanging up:
    >
    > http://codecomplete.free.fr/syslog.txt
    >
    > If anyone has any hint about why RTP data only seem to travel PSTN ->
    > softphone but not the other way around, I'm all ears :)

    Uhm, I confess I haven't studied the log with the care it would require. To
    save me time, can you please detail all the IP addresses of softphone, Axon
    IP PBX, Sipura 3102 (is it 192.168.0.233 ?), router, any third party (e.g.,
    provider proxies) in the piture...

    In particular, which piece of equipment has the routable IP adress
    "83.157.189.2" that appears in the log at one point? Have you perhaps
    enabled STUN support on the SPA-3102, and, as a consequence, is the latter
    telling the softphone to send its RTP data to the external IP address of the
    router rather than the internal IP address of the SPA-3102? This would be
    fine for peers on the Internet, but if the softphone is on the same LAN,
    it'll never work...

    From what I can see, there are a couple of things I don't like very much:

    - The IP address 127.0.0.1 (i.e. localhost) being used in several places of
    the SIP/SDP dialogue. This is an address that only works for interprocess
    communications on the same host.
    - The absence of a trailing ";rport" parameter on the SIP "Via:" headers,
    which means "no support for http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3581.txt " and
    therefore "likely problems with NAT traversal".

    Also, I can't see and SIP message referring to an extension 101... And why
    do you do an "FXS to FXO" forwarding? I thought you were trying to receive a
    call on the FXO interface and ring a softphone, without involving the FXS
    interface at all...

    Cheers --

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Aug 22, 2006
  5. On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:41:03 +0800, "Enzo Michelangeli"
    <-ip.com> wrote:
    >Uhm, I confess I haven't studied the log with the care it would require.

    Sorry. I wish I understood what the logs say, and just keep the
    relevant part instead of just dumping this massive piece of stuff...

    > To save me time, can you please detail all the IP addresses of softphone, Axon
    >IP PBX, Sipura 3102 (is it 192.168.0.233 ?), router, any third party (e.g.,
    >provider proxies) in the piture...

    The softphone and the Axon PBX are both running on the same W2003
    Server test host with IP = 192.168.0.233. The Linksys is connected to
    the same switch with IP = 192.168.0.253, with no software firewall
    between the two (I checked in Control Panel, and W2003 doesn't seem to
    have a software firewall like XP). I call into the Linksys from a
    regular analog landline, the Linksys sends an SIP message to Axon,
    which looks up the extension, makes it ring, I pick up the call : I
    can hear the remote PSTN caller, but he can't hear me.

    FWIW:
    - Skype works fine, so I guess the sound card is full-duplex (picked
    up that bit from the FAQ on SJphone's site
    - I guess the same issue with a GrandStream BudgeTone 100 (model 101)
    - SJPhone is actually worse than X-Lite 3, as the former doesn't do
    sound either way.

    >In particular, which piece of equipment has the routable IP adress
    >"83.157.189.2" that appears in the log at one point?

    It's the dynamic IP assigner to the ADSL modem.

    > Have you perhaps
    >enabled STUN support on the SPA-3102, and, as a consequence, is the latter
    >telling the softphone to send its RTP data to the external IP address of the
    >router rather than the internal IP address of the SPA-3102?

    I barely know what STUN does, so haven't touched this. By default,
    Voice > SIP > NAT Support Parameters > STUN Enable = No, and STUN
    Server is empty.

    >Also, I can't see and SIP message referring to an extension 101... And why
    >do you do an "FXS to FXO" forwarding? I thought you were trying to receive a
    >call on the FXO interface and ring a softphone, without involving the FXS
    >interface at all...

    I do, but the only way I could get the Linksys to notify the Axon PBX
    of an incoming call is by doing this:
    - PSTN Line > PSTN Ring Thru Line 1 = yes
    - User 1 > Call Forward Settings > Cfwd All Dest = fxo (where "fxo" is
    the account used by the Linksys to register with Axon in the "External
    line" section)

    But maybe this is totally not the way to set it up, in which case,
    what else can I try? Incidently, since I only want to ring a single
    remote phone, I guess I could remove the Axon PBX from the equation,
    and just tell the Linksys to hit the phone's static IP through the Net
    directly?

    Like you, I suspect that it's sending its RTP data elsewhere, or maybe
    the issue is due to the fact that I don't use the FXS and expect data
    to flow between the FXO and an SIP phone? I doubt it's codec (they use
    G711u by default) or RTP ports (no firewall).

    Is there an IRC channel somewhere where I could ask the experts?

    Thank you.

    Vincent Delporte, Aug 22, 2006