    what I've read, there seems to be no command in any current IOS to allow
    you to enter credentials into the sip user agent configuration context,
    so I'm guessing the answer is no.
    B.M. Wright, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Hello!

    B.M. Wright wrote:

    > How functional is the SIP server built into IOS? Does it allow

    I always thought there is only a SIP user agent built into the IOS. Which
    IOS (version, platform) contains the SIP server?

    WBR, Andrew
    --
    Andrew Zhilenko
    Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,
    Andrew Zhilenko, Apr 14, 2004

  3. B.M. Wright

    SPD Guest

    Bob

    I am unaware of a version of IOS that implements
    a SIP proxy and/or registration server. IOS does
    contain a SIP User Agent (both the User Agent Client
    UAC and User Agent Server UAS) but the UAS is not the
    same as a Proxy or Registration server.

    So...

    1) IOS UAS is very functional.
    2) not UAS's job to authenticate
    3) Outbound calls setup via the UAS can go through a
    properly configured T1/E1 card.
    4) Again since the UA is not a SIP Registration
    and Proxy server you are correct in saying there
    ain't no place for credentials.

    Get your self a SIP proxy and registration server
    and point the Cisco box at it through the commands
    in the sip-ua configuration section.

    good luck,
    Steve

    SPD, Apr 15, 2004