    using a softphone

    --
    SIP2PSTN

    SIP2PSTN, May 12, 2005

  2. SIP2PSTN

    MJ Ray Guest

    SIP2PSTN <> wrote:
    > I am using IPKall service to get a free virtual U.S number and used FWD
    > and then even tried fonosip.com as SIP provider to recieve calls from
    > my IPKall number using soft phone "SJPhone" by SJLabs , my problem is
    > that the calls I recieve have to much of echo I would appreciate if
    > some one can suggest some thing to get rid of echo in some way while
    > using a softphone .

    By echo, do you mean that you can hear your own voice or that
    the receiver's voice repeats? This may be down to some odd
    mixer settings on your computer (try muting the microphone
    channel while still having it selected as the output device),
    some defect at your provider (unlikely IMO) or by one party's
    microphone "hearing" their speakers. The latter two can be
    tested by trying other providers and other receivers, but they
    might get expensive.

    --
    MJR/slef
    http://mjr.towers.org.uk/

    MJ Ray, May 12, 2005

  3. SIP2PSTN

    Pepperoni Guest

    Echo when using PC softphones is often caused by feedback on one or both
    ends. If one of you is using the PC speakers, that sound is fed back
    through the mic and perceived as echo. SJPhone is a good softphone, but
    without the proper hardware, (handset/headset) you will have problems.

    Pepperoni, May 12, 2005
  4. SIP2PSTN

    Ivor Jones Guest

    SIP2PSTN wrote:
    > I am using IPKall service to get a free virtual U.S number and used
    > FWD and then even tried fonosip.com as SIP provider to recieve
    > calls from my IPKall number using soft phone "SJPhone" by SJLabs ,
    > my problem is that the calls I recieve have to much of echo I would
    > appreciate if some one can suggest some thing to get rid of echo in
    > some way while using a softphone .

    Softphones seem to have this problem, I've never had any trouble with
    Sipgate, ipkall and my Sipura SPA-2000 ATA. I regularly receive calls here
    in the UK from my friends in the US via my ipkall number and the quality
    is excellent.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 12, 2005
  5. SIP2PSTN

    bor Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:44:39 +0100, SIP2PSTN
    <> wrote:

    >I am using IPKall service to get a free virtual U.S number and used FWD
    >and then even tried fonosip.com as SIP provider to recieve calls from
    >my IPKall number using soft phone "SJPhone" by SJLabs , my problem is
    >that the calls I recieve have to much of echo I would appreciate if
    >some one can suggest some thing to get rid of echo in some way while
    >using a softphone .

    i am using grandstream adapters with regular phones..
    Sometimes i also have echo.
    U think it can also be caused by slow servers or internettraffic

    gr

    bor, May 20, 2005