    Neither seem to be registering on my ATA, been fine up until now.

    VoIP Stunt wouldn't register via their software for a while, but that seems OK
    now.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 2, 2006

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Der Rudi Guest

    Yep, the same here. My voip-router won't register on sipdiscount.

    Der Rudi, Feb 2, 2006

  3. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    John DH Guest

    > > Anyone else having problems with Sip Discount or VoIP Stunt?

    Yup, tits up, the lot. For the last 2 hours or so. Even the web sites are
    down

    John DH
    John DH, Feb 2, 2006
  4. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    John DH Guest

    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Anyone else having problems with Sip Discount or VoIP Stunt?

    It could be a data centre problem. A number of web sites have had problems
    since 1600GMT

    John DH
    John DH, Feb 2, 2006
  5. Thus spaketh John DH:
    >>> Anyone else having problems with Sip Discount or VoIP Stunt?
    >>>

    > Yup, tits up, the lot. For the last 2 hours or so. Even the web sites
    > are down
    >
    > John DH

    It sprang into life a minute or two ago, but has just gone down again.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 2, 2006
  6. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    John DH Guest

    > It sprang into life a minute or two ago, but has just gone down again.

    ATA is registering but still not able to make or receive calls.

    It looks as though the earlier problems have been resolved, but it takes
    some time for everything thing else to recover.

    John DH
    John DH, Feb 2, 2006
  7. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Andy Guest

    Hi,
    I am getting calls coming through from voipstunt all evening, The
    caller is using the voipstunt softphone with headphone.

    The only thing is i can't hear him but he can hear me but he says it sounds
    like i am in a toilet, The symptoms are the same whether he calls my
    voipfone or my BT landline.

    He is running XP home that he has just installed. He has not even put SP2
    on, I have stressed the importance but it really is falling on deaf ears and
    would you believe he is not even sure if his install disc is SP1.

    He is behind a routers firewall but i dont think it's a NAT issue as i can
    call his voipstunt 0560 number but only with the same results as above.

    I am leaning more towards it being either a soundcard issue, codec or maybe
    having to forward a port for sound, I think the port for sound on voipstunt
    maybe 3830.

    The laptop is a P3 with about 160MB ram as was running 98/ME.

    As you can tell he has no clue with computers but i should be able to sort
    him, Does anyone have any pointers as i have no experience with the
    voipstunt (betamax etc range). He does not even know how to access his
    routers front page so i really would be thankful for any time saving tips.

    Thanks
    Andy

    Andy, Feb 2, 2006
  8. Thus spaketh John DH:
    >> It sprang into life a minute or two ago, but has just gone down
    >> again.
    >>

    > ATA is registering but still not able to make or receive calls.
    >
    > It looks as though the earlier problems have been resolved, but it
    > takes some time for everything thing else to recover.
    >
    > John DH

    Back up and running here now.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 2, 2006
  9. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Andy Guest

    Oooooops sorry for the top post

    Andy, Feb 2, 2006
  10. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Andy Guest

    It's OK solved.

    He now has sound, He had fiddled with settings in voipstunt before calling
    me and had also fiddled with microphone/multimedia settings.

    Returned voipstunt to default settings, changed microphone/multimedia
    settings to what they should be & then there was sound.

    He says i still have a bit of an echo and i think he is a bit quiet but i
    have also since gathered that he has no drivers for the the laptop and is
    using XPs legacy drivers, I have managed to get the sound card details from
    him so now i just need to source the drivers.

    Why is it friends when they ask for your help are never honest about what
    they have done and it's not till you pressure them that you get the full
    story?.
    Andy, Feb 3, 2006
  11. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    WiraOne Guest

    And I was thinking I had problem with my Linksys PAP2 + router since I
    did some changes to my router and my PAP2 wasn't able to connect to
    sipdiscount & voipstunt .. it was around 10pm when it went back to
    normal and I was cracking my head off why my PAP2 wasn't working :(
    WiraOne, Feb 3, 2006
  12. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    paul123 Guest

    WiraOne wrote:
    > And I was thinking I had problem with my Linksys PAP2 + router since I
    > did some changes to my router and my PAP2 wasn't able to connect to
    > sipdiscount & voipstunt .. it was around 10pm when it went back to
    > normal and I was cracking my head off why my PAP2 wasn't working :(

    The next day..... well at least sipdiscount, voipbuster and voipstunt
    are registering OK now.......
    BUT when I make a call there is no sound - either way!

    grrrr
    paul123, Feb 3, 2006
  13. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    John DH Guest

    > The next day..... well at least sipdiscount, voipbuster and voipstunt
    > are registering OK now.......
    > BUT when I make a call there is no sound - either way!
    >
    > grrrr

    working ok here, but no web site yet, so can't check credit or call records
    John DH, Feb 3, 2006
  14. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Rob Guest

    All working OK over here.
    Just went on their site and checked my balance.

    Rob

    Rob, Feb 3, 2006
  15. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    paul123 Guest