    windows 2003, or higher (WinCE 5 etc).

    Anyone got any links where I can download some nice old software?
    Thanks

    Salvador Freemanson, Feb 3, 2010

  2. Salvador Freemanson

    andy Guest

    On 3 Feb, 11:22, Salvador Freemanson <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I'm resussitating a friend's elderly PDA running Windows Pocket PC
    > I had installed sip software on it in the past, years ago.
    > I cn't remember which one it was (probably one of x-lite, sjphone,
    > wengophone?). But trawling the net, all the versions I can find are for
    > windows 2003, or higher (WinCE 5 etc).
    >
    > Anyone got any links where I can download some nice old software?
    > Thanks

    I lost track of whether X-lite ever produced the mobile client in the
    end

    For quite a while it was coming soon, queries in their forum and so
    on, and perhaps there was a beta version for a while, but then it went
    quiet, and I haven't looked since ...... there seems to be a new brand
    called Bria, possibly with mobile versions .........

    I vaguely remembered or suspected NCH in Australia have something, and
    I just looked it up, haven't used it

    http://www.nch.com.au/talk/pocket.html

    andy, Feb 3, 2010

  3. On 03/02/2010 16:02, andy wrote:
    > On 3 Feb, 11:22, Salvador Freemanson<> wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> I'm resussitating a friend's elderly PDA running Windows Pocket PC
    >> I had installed sip software on it in the past, years ago.
    >> I cn't remember which one it was (probably one of x-lite, sjphone,
    >> wengophone?). But trawling the net, all the versions I can find are for
    >> windows 2003, or higher (WinCE 5 etc).
    >>
    >> Anyone got any links where I can download some nice old software?
    >> Thanks

    > I lost track of whether X-lite ever produced the mobile client in the
    > end
    >
    > For quite a while it was coming soon, queries in their forum and so
    > on, and perhaps there was a beta version for a while, but then it went
    > quiet, and I haven't looked since ...... there seems to be a new brand
    > called Bria, possibly with mobile versions .........
    >
    > I vaguely remembered or suspected NCH in Australia have something, and
    > I just looked it up, haven't used it
    >
    > http://www.nch.com.au/talk/pocket.html

    Looks good, thanks. On their web site it it states that it works on
    Windows Mobile 2002, which is what the machine in question has.
    Now I'm getting an install problem, but I think that is a problem at my
    end.

    Salvador Freemanson, Feb 3, 2010
  4. On 03/02/2010 17:38, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    > On 03/02/2010 16:02, andy wrote:
    >> On 3 Feb, 11:22, Salvador Freemanson<> wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I'm resussitating a friend's elderly PDA running Windows Pocket PC
    >>> I had installed sip software on it in the past, years ago.
    >>> I cn't remember which one it was (probably one of x-lite, sjphone,
    >>> wengophone?). But trawling the net, all the versions I can find are for
    >>> windows 2003, or higher (WinCE 5 etc).
    >>>
    >>> Anyone got any links where I can download some nice old software?
    >>> Thanks

    >> I lost track of whether X-lite ever produced the mobile client in the
    >> end
    >>
    >> For quite a while it was coming soon, queries in their forum and so
    >> on, and perhaps there was a beta version for a while, but then it went
    >> quiet, and I haven't looked since ...... there seems to be a new brand
    >> called Bria, possibly with mobile versions .........
    >>
    >> I vaguely remembered or suspected NCH in Australia have something, and
    >> I just looked it up, haven't used it
    >>
    >> http://www.nch.com.au/talk/pocket.html

    > Looks good, thanks. On their web site it it states that it works on
    > Windows Mobile 2002, which is what the machine in question has.
    > Now I'm getting an install problem, but I think that is a problem at my
    > end.

    Turns out not so good as I thought. Have installed it on my ipaq 6500
    and will try it out tomorow, but it won't install on my mate's 2002
    machine.
    So will have to keep looking.

    Salvador Freemanson, Feb 3, 2010
  5. On 03/02/2010 23:47, Salvador Freemanson wrote:
    > On 03/02/2010 17:38, Salvador Freemanson wrote:

    >>> I lost track of whether X-lite ever produced the mobile client in the
    >>> end
    >>>
    >>> For quite a while it was coming soon, queries in their forum and so
    >>> on, and perhaps there was a beta version for a while, but then it went
    >>> quiet, and I haven't looked since ...... there seems to be a new brand
    >>> called Bria, possibly with mobile versions .........
    >>>
    >>> I vaguely remembered or suspected NCH in Australia have something, and
    >>> I just looked it up, haven't used it
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nch.com.au/talk/pocket.html

    >> Looks good, thanks. On their web site it it states that it works on
    >> Windows Mobile 2002, which is what the machine in question has.
    >> Now I'm getting an install problem, but I think that is a problem at my
    >> end.

    > Turns out not so good as I thought. Have installed it on my ipaq 6500
    > and will try it out tomorow, but it won't install on my mate's 2002
    > machine.
    > So will have to keep looking.

    Just saw the postings on the NCH user forum. It turns out that Win2002
    is not supported after all.

    So, I am still loooking. Anyone ?
    Thanks

    Salvador Freemanson, Feb 4, 2010