    Any recommendations.
    Preferably installable from a CAB file rather than synching with a PC.

    Thanks
    Salvador Freemanson, Apr 9, 2011

  2. Le 09/04/2011 18:26, Salvador Freemanson a écrit :
    > Hello,
    > I've been trying to install a SIP account on an HTC S7100 phone, which
    > uses Windows Mobile 6.
    >
    > Strangely, I haven't managed to find a suitable SIP client.
    > A couple I tried didn't work (I got an error message that this version
    > is not supported).
    >
    > I would have thought that this was something quite basic. Have I missed
    > something? Even the Betamax sites don't have something for VM6.
    >
    > Any recommendations.
    > Preferably installable from a CAB file rather than synching with a PC.
    >
    > Thanks

    I forgot to say, it's for use over wifi, so I don't need 3G operation.
    Salvador Freemanson, Apr 9, 2011

  3. Salvador Freemanson

    Roger Guest

    "Salvador Freemanson" wrote in message

    Le 09/04/2011 18:26, Salvador Freemanson a écrit :
    > Hello,
    > I've been trying to install a SIP account on an HTC S7100 phone, which
    > uses Windows Mobile 6.
    >
    > Strangely, I haven't managed to find a suitable SIP client.
    > A couple I tried didn't work (I got an error message that this version
    > is not supported).
    >
    > I would have thought that this was something quite basic. Have I missed
    > something? Even the Betamax sites don't have something for VM6.
    >
    > Any recommendations.
    > Preferably installable from a CAB file rather than synching with a PC.
    >
    > Thanks

    I forgot to say, it's for use over wifi, so I don't need 3G operation.

    I think I used to use FRING on my windows mobile 6 phone - you can add a sip
    service as one of the options. Dont know if its still available or not but
    try www.fring.com.
    Roger, Apr 9, 2011
  4. Le 09/04/2011 22:35, Roger a écrit :

    > "Salvador Freemanson" wrote in message
    >
    > Le 09/04/2011 18:26, Salvador Freemanson a écrit :
    >> Hello,
    >> I've been trying to install a SIP account on an HTC S7100 phone, which
    >> uses Windows Mobile 6.
    >>
    >> Strangely, I haven't managed to find a suitable SIP client.
    >> A couple I tried didn't work (I got an error message that this version
    >> is not supported).
    >>
    >> I would have thought that this was something quite basic. Have I missed
    >> something? Even the Betamax sites don't have something for VM6.
    >>
    >> Any recommendations.
    >> Preferably installable from a CAB file rather than synching with a PC.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > I forgot to say, it's for use over wifi, so I don't need 3G operation.
    >
    > I think I used to use FRING on my windows mobile 6 phone - you can add a
    > sip service as one of the options. Dont know if its still available or
    > not but try www.fring.com.

    Thanks. When I click on download, I get a message that "We are having a
    tough time recognising your phone. It may be that we don't support it."
    The Fring site makes no mention of WM6. Maybe they no longer support it
    Salvador Freemanson, Apr 10, 2011
  5. Le 10/04/2011 16:22, Salvador Freemanson a écrit :
    > Le 09/04/2011 22:35, Roger a écrit :
    >>

    >> "Salvador Freemanson" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Le 09/04/2011 18:26, Salvador Freemanson a écrit :
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I've been trying to install a SIP account on an HTC S7100 phone, which
    >>> uses Windows Mobile 6.
    >>>
    >>> Strangely, I haven't managed to find a suitable SIP client.
    >>> A couple I tried didn't work (I got an error message that this version
    >>> is not supported).
    >>>
    >>> I would have thought that this was something quite basic. Have I missed
    >>> something? Even the Betamax sites don't have something for VM6.
    >>>
    >>> Any recommendations.
    >>> Preferably installable from a CAB file rather than synching with a PC.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> I forgot to say, it's for use over wifi, so I don't need 3G operation.
    >>
    >> I think I used to use FRING on my windows mobile 6 phone - you can add a
    >> sip service as one of the options. Dont know if its still available or
    >> not but try www.fring.com.

    > Thanks. When I click on download, I get a message that "We are having a
    > tough time recognising your phone. It may be that we don't support it."
    > The Fring site makes no mention of WM6. Maybe they no longer support it

    It reminds me of the time a couple of years ago when I was looking for a
    VOIP client for Windows CE 2002 and couldn't find any, whereas I have
    already used one on the same PDA a year or two (or three!) earlier.
    Salvador Freemanson, Apr 10, 2011
  6. Salvador Freemanson

    Le 10/04/2011 16:22, Salvador Freemanson a écrit :
    > Le 09/04/2011 22:35, Roger a écrit :
    >>

    >> "Salvador Freemanson" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Le 09/04/2011 18:26, Salvador Freemanson a écrit :
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I've been trying to install a SIP account on an HTC S7100 phone, which
    >>> uses Windows Mobile 6.
    >>>
    >>> Strangely, I haven't managed to find a suitable SIP client.
    >>> A couple I tried didn't work (I got an error message that this version
    >>> is not supported).
    >>>
    >>> I would have thought that this was something quite basic. Have I missed
    >>> something? Even the Betamax sites don't have something for VM6.
    >>>
    >>> Any recommendations.
    >>> Preferably installable from a CAB file rather than synching with a PC.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> I forgot to say, it's for use over wifi, so I don't need 3G operation.
    >>
    >> I think I used to use FRING on my windows mobile 6 phone - you can add a
    >> sip service as one of the options. Dont know if its still available or
    >> not but try www.fring.com.

    > Thanks. When I click on download, I get a message that "We are having a
    > tough time recognising your phone. It may be that we don't support it."
    > The Fring site makes no mention of WM6. Maybe they no longer support it

    It reminds me of the time a couple of years ago when I was looking for a
    VOIP client for Windows CE 2002 and couldn't find any, whereas I have
    already used one on the same PDA a year or two (or three!) earlier.

    Its a pain in the backside but have you tried upgrading your phone to WM6.5?
    If you go to XDA-developers forum theres downloads on there for most windows
    mobile phones.
    Roger, Apr 10, 2011
  7. Salvador Freemanson

    M.L. Guest

    >I've been trying to install a SIP account on an HTC S7100 phone, which
    >uses Windows Mobile 6.
    >
    >Strangely, I haven't managed to find a suitable SIP client.
    >A couple I tried didn't work (I got an error message that this version
    >is not supported).
    >
    >I would have thought that this was something quite basic. Have I missed
    >something? Even the Betamax sites don't have something for VM6.
    >
    >Any recommendations.
    >Preferably installable from a CAB file rather than synching with a PC.

    I've tried all the following Win Mobile 6 SIP Softphones, and they
    work well according to forum users. However, I've had one-way audio
    problems with every WM6 mobile SIP client I've used. SIP VOIP works
    fine on my PC though.

    SJPhone (free, best audio quality, tweaks) (SJphone-wm5.0-320b.cab):
    http://www.sjphone.org/preview/SJphone-1.60-WindowsCE(preview)/
    SJPhone audio quality can be improved with the following config:
    Driver Buffer 100
    Driver Input 10
    Driver Output 3
    Jitter 2

    WengoPhoneMobile (free, least feature-rich, good audio)
    (includes WengoPhoneMobile_v1.0_RC3.cab + unneeded NETCF2 cab, since
    NETCF3.7 is latest):
    http://wengophone.software.web.de/windowsmobile/download

    PortGo for Mobile (free) (PortGo_m.cab):
    http://www.portsip.com/downloads/portgo/PortGo_m.cab

    AgePhone Mobile 2 (trial, most feature-rich) (AGEphoneMobile2.cab):
    http://www.ageet.com/en/download.htm
    M.L., May 3, 2011